BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
chempop - 243,179,059 - Stage 5 - Palm/Abnormal - Maniac - 360

Bullshit shy of the second exend :mad:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
chempop - 243,179,059 - Stage 5 - Palm/Abnormal - Maniac - 360

Bullshit shy of the second exend :mad:

Rockin' score, I bet you 1CC maniac by the end of the month. ;)

Decided to give Palm a shot after some runs playing as Reco:

FhSydI6.jpg

kuze - 118,736,707 - Stage 5 - Palm/Abnormal - Original - PCB

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I gave the game a GO yesterday but i'm having a hard time reaching 4th Stage boss. I can't get close to your scores but i think i can reach 5th stage too, will post a score when/if i make it ;)

Chempop

Maniac or Original? For maniac you can play for survival and score pretty much nothing, it's all about the 9999 cash ins when you cancel screen-fulls-of-purple-diarrhea-vomit.
Original is pretty straight forward, just switch shots Green counter = rapid fire, Blue counter = laser.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I've played Original, but for the first run (and the next few runs) i will only pay attention for survival, then i will start paying attention to the score. I have a hard time to notice the "color change" and switch between rapid/laser. I'm not color blind, it's just too much s#$t going on at the same time :lolz:

Today i haven't touched the game, hope i can dedicate some more time to it tomorrow.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
_rm_ - 136,411,929 - Stage 5 - Palm/Normal - Arcade - 360

I was so nervous and in disbelief that i messed up my on initials :keke:

jbV0SNxl.jpg

Chempop

Nice! Did you reach the hidden 1Up?

I've switched to Reco for maniac and am failing at a stage 2 boss cash in worth something like 50mil. I should be able to break 300mil and call it a month :annoyed:

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
First week playing this in about 4 years - not too bad of a start. Hopefully I will be able to get back on to my high score table.

twalden - 179,478,899 - Stage 5 - Palm/Normal - Original - PCB

futari%2051116_zpsiq5xqtzq.jpg

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
No idea where it's at :conf:

It's in a house you can destroy on the upper left portion of the screen, a bit after the mid boss.

If you watch stage 5 on a 1CC vid on YouTube I'm sure you'll see it.

Chempop

Ugggh, died 4 times on stage 4 :very_ang::mad::blow_top::emb:
But still made it to basically the final big dragon before larsa.
chempop - 315,890,122 - Stage 5 - Reco/Normal - Maniac - 360
26378106833_99ac0afa50_b.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
You're almost to that Maniac 1CC, Chem! :buttrock:

Chempop

I've done it before, but not with Reco. Palm-abnormal has a major advantage taking down bosses because his bomb+point blank damage is huge.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I've done it before, but not with Reco. Palm-abnormal has a major advantage taking down bosses because his bomb+point blank damage is huge.

Do you make use of the 'super shot' trick wherein (afaik) you hold down C and rapidly tap A?

I should probably try and get that down, as I could see it being pretty useful on boss fights.

Chempop

That's the first mushi bro

Spoiler:
:keke:

Chempop

So I was playing some different modes today, 1.5 Original again and fiddling around with Black Label Original and Maniac.

The key with scoring in original is really not dying, the rapid/shot switching is of course going to build your overall meter faster, but getting hit depletes it by 1/3 so a few consecutive mistakes and your score potential is going to get flushed down the toilet.

Maniac on Black Label is an interesting animal. Parts are harder, other parts easier, and your meter builds so absurdly fast compared to 1.5. Your firepower is a combination of the normal/abnormal from 1.5, so you are rather overpowered. Because the counter maxes at 9999 in different parts (and far more frequently) there are more opportunities to cash in for points.

Original Black Label is a hoot, broke 400 mil with several lives remaining after the clear and I wasn't even 'gem shedding' with the pointblank tricks that the pros do. The nuts on shmups score between 2-3 billion in this mode :lolz: Some even say it's the mode that has the most potential in difficulty/challenge because of how risky it is to score highly, interesting in theory.

If people playing the port on 360 haven't downloaded Black 'laval" (misspelled in the market place last I saw), you should take the time and do so, it's probably the more popular version.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Interesting stuff Chem, I'll have to check BL out. One of these days I need to get around to making a 360 -> JAMMA pad hack.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
So I was playing some different modes today, 1.5 Original again and fiddling around with Black Label Original and Maniac.

The key with scoring in original is really not dying, the rapid/shot switching is of course going to build your overall meter faster, but getting hit depletes it by 1/3 so a few consecutive mistakes and your score potential is going to get flushed down the toilet.

Maniac on Black Label is an interesting animal. Parts are harder, other parts easier, and your meter builds so absurdly fast compared to 1.5. Your firepower is a combination of the normal/abnormal from 1.5, so you are rather overpowered. Because the counter maxes at 9999 in different parts (and far more frequently) there are more opportunities to cash in for points.

Original Black Label is a hoot, broke 400 mil with several lives remaining after the clear and I wasn't even 'gem shedding' with the pointblank tricks that the pros do. The nuts on shmups score between 2-3 billion in this mode :lolz: Some even say it's the mode that has the most potential in difficulty/challenge because of how risky it is to score highly, interesting in theory.

If people playing the port on 360 haven't downloaded Black 'laval" (misspelled in the market place last I saw), you should take the time and do so, it's probably the more popular version.
Is the black label add on available for purchase in the US marketplace?

Chempop

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Do you have a Blast? You just need to wire a 360 sticks guts to the panel and run video over VGA and audio to the RCA connectors on a 001 jamma loom. Might be simpler than making a whole jamma interface for controls. Or you can pay lemony to make you one :)

Yup I'd be playing it on a Blast. I was thinking of going the PS360+ route rather than gutting some 360 sticks. Video/audio should be a breeze, will just need to set my 360 to 640x480 before hooking it up.

It's the only way I'll be able to play Mushi Futari BL, DFK BL, etc so definitely will be worth it.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Well what's a better option that doesn't require destroying expensive sticks then?