Shawn - $499 prize for designing a Neo-Geo game title logo!

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I need some feed back on the design I'm working on.

multigame.jpg

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
lol 161-1 bootleg BS. Who the fuck would pay $500 for that shit? GL with all that.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Funny thing is, everyone would be fawning over a Neo Geo flash cart, which this basically is in essence.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Oh come on guys. This is t3h future NOW.

Look at it this way....you'll never have to worry about insertion marks on your rare carts again.

Also, you will not have to get off your fat ass to change carts....ever...leave that bad muthafucka in 24 x 7

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
a Neo Geo flash cart, which this basically is in essence.
WTF you talking about? A flash cart does not come with preloaded roms (so no copyright infringement by producers). I'd get to decide myself what I want on there, so NO hacks, NO prerelease-proto-bullshit, NO glitchy fuckup roms and EVERY game instead of just a large chunk of the library. Also think about how much a flash card would help the homebrew scene. And (hopefully) DGE would not be involved.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Just get MAME if you want to play roms that badly...doesn't make a dick of a difference if you're playing your stolen software on your PC or on your actual console using some contraption made by a canuck scam artist and his nubian princess wife.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Just get MAME if you want to play roms that badly...doesn't make a dick of a difference if you're playing your stolen software on your PC or on your actual console using some contraption made by a canuck scam artist and his nubian princess wife.

whats-a-nubian.jpg

What's a "nubian"?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I know it's early, but I'm nominating this thread for thread of the year.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
WTF you talking about? A flash cart does not come with preloaded roms (so no copyright infringement by producers). I'd get to decide myself what I want on there, so NO hacks, NO prerelease-proto-bullshit, NO glitchy fuckup roms and EVERY game instead of just a large chunk of the library. Also think about how much a flash card would help the homebrew scene. And (hopefully) DGE would not be involved.

A real Neo Geo flash cart would be insanely expensive to produce, way higher than the NGDEV games or the current AES 161-in-1. Nobody with the means would want to set aside a huge amount of cash to R&D a Neo flash cart, nor would the potential market be high enough at the price required. A multi-cart is the next best thing. Look at it this way, there is no need to fight with a shitty SD interface, or put a ton of expensive SDRAM or flash RAM into the cartridge, or pay for yet more proprietary PCB fabricating.

Yes, I know the 161-in-1 is half pirate hacks, but it also has lots of great games. Most of the Neo library isn't worth having. 161-in-1 covers most games that people actually enjoy.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Are there actually any real submissions to this contest? I have yet to see one.... I do like FAT$TACKS cover art design.

Also where are people getting the $499 price? It's for sale for $675 in the NeoStore:eek:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Not even close to "thread of the year", MOTW is a hell of a thread. Why $499, is that extra $1 going to break the bank? Hell, I'll put in a dollar. (I'm talking about the logo design contest, not the cart price)

I know it's early, but I'm nominating this thread for thread of the year.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
WTF???!!!!! Why are you here then?

I take it you haven't been here for a few years? That's been the war cry of every other 10+ year member on here to justify their shitty attitude towards the Neo and other people on this forum.

In all honesty though, you only need one KOF out of the 10 available, only one or two Fatal Furys out of the 8 that were released, probably only one Samurai Shodown out of the 6 available. IMO Art of Fighting isn't worth having at all when Fatal Fury is around. You see where I'm going with this?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I take it you haven't been here for a few years? That's been the war cry of every other 10+ year member on here to justify their shitty attitude towards the Neo and other people on this forum.

You are silly... the 10+ members don't even give a shit about stuff in the main... ESPECIALLY members who get on their nerves...

...those guys have seen it all before...

Most of the guys I talk too.... don't even know who the hell you are... because everyone who shoots their mouth off... all tends to roll into one account... ie. the "ignore' account....

Just saying man... it's bad... but I tend to house all the annoying accounts under the banner... "Stoopid;didnotread"...

xROTx

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Here's the way I see all this. The NeoStore can sell widgets for all I care. However, the 161-1 cart goes against the core members of the forum. Despite all this, Shawn has done a lot for the Neo; I respect and appreciate what he has done.

To put things in perspective. Do I own an AES conversion? Yes. However, I would most likely not offer it for sell on the forum out of respect for the forum rules and anti-conversion members. If I were to sell a conversion here, I would PM some mods to get their blessing before posting a conversion and then only offer it to established members.

The 161-1 game goes beyond a conversion. It's a hack at best and in the eyes of most members a bootleg. High quality, but bootleg none the less.

Am I exited about the release of this cart? No. I stopped collecting Neo games for value a few years ago. However, after being a Neo collector for over a decade, I'm not trilled about how the 161-1 might make cart values drop.

I wonder which poor carts are getting sac'd to make all this happen???

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I don't see how selling this turd is any different or any better than selling any other boot cart. I would like for someone to explain to me how this is not a boot and how it is more ethical and okay to sell it while its still wrong to sell other boot carts, because I just don't understand.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

In all honesty though, you only need one KOF out of the 10 available, only one or two Fatal Furys out of the 8 that were released, probably only one Samurai Shodown out of the 6 available. IMO Art of Fighting isn't worth having at all when Fatal Fury is around. You see where I'm going with this?

Ironic post, considering you only need to read any 16 of your 1,645 posts to see that you post the same thing every time.