Retro Rumble!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
When I saw the title of the episode, I knew it was going to be 'Snow Brothers'.

Best line: "Snow Brothers is racist!" :tickled:

As shown early, the key to high scores are getting to the top, get a monster in a snowball and push it into all the others for chain reaction points. The food for points are okay but the power-ups for stronger snow and fast speed are big keys.

Another great episode as always :buttrock:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sad that Killer Instinct got vetoed but then we got Safari...a Gremlin classic. This is a vertical version of Head-On, another classic game where you have to steer your car and get the dots and avoid the other car but with Safari, you have rocks and animals thrown in. As seen, you need to run over the animals from the bottom or back. If you hit them by their mouths, there's a 50/50 chance of losing a life depending on whether or not their mouth was open.

Looks like Aaron's opening up a sizable lead in this one. Can he hold onto it?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Would have loved to have seen KI as well. Congrats on the coverage from Kotaku!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
just found this thread, I grew up in Tucson, but moved out about 5 years ago to find some cheaper housing. I recognize James in the videos, he used to work the video game counter at Bookman's, and I was convinced he kept everything good that got traded in for himself, never to have a chance on the store shelves for anyone else, lol. Really like the series, If I was back home, would've loved to meet up with you guys

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
just found this thread, I grew up in Tucson, but moved out about 5 years ago to find some cheaper housing. I recognize James in the videos, he used to work the video game counter at Bookman's, and I was convinced he kept everything good that got traded in for himself, never to have a chance on the store shelves for anyone else, lol. Really like the series, If I was back home, would've loved to meet up with you guys

ProTip: All the Bookman's employees keep the good shit for themselves. It's the one thing that would keep us from snapping and ripping the arms off of customers. :D

I'm glad you enjoy the show, sir.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
ProTip: All the Bookman's employees keep the good shit for themselves. It's the one thing that would keep us from snapping and ripping the arms off of customers. :D

I'm glad you enjoy the show, sir.

perks of the trade, can't argue with that. Love the show, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
s2e4 final

This time anteater.

Last edited:

ArcadEd

n00b
Holy crap Tron, you are faster than me. I was just making my rounds posting the link :) Thank You.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Holy crap Tron, you are faster than me. I was just making my rounds posting the link :) Thank You.
Heh well recently i did sub to the channel so it didn't take me long.

On yt i go by the nickname progearspec.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Anteater...can't get much more classic than that :tickled:

As mentioned in the video, the key is to keep the anteater's tongue moving as much as possible. You can eat the worms but only from behind, otherwise they kill you. Also the spider comes out after the sun sets and like the classic Qix, acts like a fuse along your tongue and when it reaches the end, you're done.

If you've never played it before, it can be a somewhat tough game but as most classics, once the basics are learned, it's an easy play. Can't wait for the next game.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
So, how many points would Aaron have received at 3:15 had he made the diagonal klax? There was still 7k difference in his final score.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
So, how many points would Aaron have received at 3:15 had he made the diagonal klax? There was still 7k difference in his final score.

He would have gotten 5K instantly, and a bunch more for the round clearance bonus as that would have ended the round immediately (it gives you points for all the empty space in the grid). It would have sealed the deal for him.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I love this show, Loopz! I can't wait for season 3. This should be your full-time job!