Retro Rumble!

ArcadEd

n00b
Thanks, we were a little scared of this episode because 1943 is not a very hype game. Luckily the winner made the overall score a little closer adding to the excitement.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I was smiling.

I recommend putting the name of the game you play in each title to get some cross-over clicks.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Episode 3 is out. http://youtu.be/vY_qFBop6dQ

We moved youtube channels as well. Sorry for the trouble, but please subscribe to the new channel if you want. http://www.youtube.com/TheRetroRumble

Nice to see 1943 once again and yes, I'm very familiar with the game (Twin Galaxy's world record holder since 1988). In the short playing time on the first screen, there are several hidden objects in the cloud for points, I would've used lots of energy for point value and as nice as autofire is, you can't go wrong with double 3-way fire.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Alpine Ski is pretty hype that's for sure :).

SKI, DAMN YOU, SKIIIII!!!
Heh. Alpine Ski was mindless fun when it was out. As mentioned in the video, not dying is a key to scoring since you rack up points moving. The high points are always on the other side of them icy ponds though if you time it right, you can get the 1500, intentionally die, then get it again since the game places you at a fixed point.

Keep up the great videos. I'm getting a real kick watching them :buttrock:

ArcadEd

n00b
Thank man, It's enjoyable to make them.as well.
Congrats on the world record for 1943, that is awesome. I had run across those hidden items before, I wasn't sure if they were random or not.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Another classic in Knuckle Joe...gotta love it :buttrock:

One of these days I need to make it down the I-10 and show you youngsters how to play them retro games :tickled:

ArcadEd

n00b
OK, so tomorrow night (Saturday the 4th) we will be doing a Live Retro Rumble stream. We are having a open casting call of sorts where we have invited the community to come in and play some retro rumble live and we can try to find some great contestants and crowd people for future seasons.

It will streamed on our Arcade-In-a-Box twitch tv account. www.twitch.tv/arcadeinabox

It will start at 7:30pm Arizona time

It will run for several hours and we will be posting up these videos on youtube as well, most likely uncut.

I personally will be running the stream, so I will try to be in the chat as well. I'm really excited about this as this is also going to be our trial for doing live events.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Gotta love the classic Galaxian...back in the old days befor they thought of tractor beams, double ships and bonus rounds.

Course key to high scores are shooting the two red ships, then the Galaxip for 800 points. Flying ships are double points.

All in all, an excellent time. Look forward to the second season :buttrock:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Very nice. Looking forward to the next season.

BTW: I'd be glad to pimp you guys out at STV if you wanted. Maybe do some crossover thing or interview?

ArcadEd

n00b
Very nice. Looking forward to the next season.

BTW: I'd be glad to pimp you guys out at STV if you wanted. Maybe do some crossover thing or interview?

We are up for any kind of help getting the word out there :). You tell me what works best for you. You can email me if you want, arcaded at gmail.com