Rare Dreamcast Kiosk

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Happen to catch this pop up on my Youtube sub box. Kinda interesting not sure I remember Dreamcast kiosks but still interesting. Kiosk info starts at 1:20

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I remember when some EB Games stores had Dreamcast kiosks. They had J-DC systems and J copies of Sonic in them. That was my first experience with the Dreamcast and it blew my mind at the time with the leap in graphics and the streamlined look of the console. Fond memories indeed!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I remember smaller, merchandise-less Dreamcast kiosks, but that one in the video is insane. That'd be one hell of a way to display your DC collection.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There are a ton of Kiosks floating around out there. The size is pretty prohibitive for collectors tho. Not really functionally that impressive.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I never thought this particular kiosk was that rare. I actually own one. Mine used to be at the local sears before they got rid of it. The thing weighs a lot, so it's kinda of a sits in one spot never to be moved collectible i guess. My biggest pet peeve from a marketing standpoint was the actual playable dreamcast was down to your knees. Definitely marketed at 10 year olds who would never be able to afford it. Mine never had all the game shelves like his. instead mine has all the peg hangers. I definitely like the presentation of his with all the games and CiB sets.

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I never thought this particular kiosk was that rare. I actually own one. Mine used to be at the local sears before they got rid of it. The thing weighs a lot, so it's kinda of a sits in one spot never to be moved collectible i guess. My biggest pet peeve from a marketing standpoint was the actual playable dreamcast was down to your knees. Definitely marketed at 10 year olds who would never be able to afford it. Mine never had all the game shelves like his. instead mine has all the peg hangers. I definitely like the presentation of his with all the games and CiB sets.

Very cool. I'd love to see pics of your kiosk if you have the time, camera, etc.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Yeah, I watched this video over the weekend. Never saw one integrated into a merchandise shelving setup. I've got one of the standalone ones where the base looks like a Dalek from Dr. Who. It seems he has that one in his collection too.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Love how the guy has most of the Capcom fighters, front and center in the display case. I've never seen one that size, only the smaller units that people have found from time to time. My first hands on with the Dreamcast was in EPCOT Center in Walt Disney World. Sega owned a huge chunk of Innoventions and they used to have the gigantic 8 player Virtua Formula arcade game with a bunch of Saturn demos all around. The summer of 99' when I graduated they had a small section with Japanese Dreamcast's set up and once I played Sonic Adventure and spoke to one of the guys that said how Marvel Vs. Capcom played just like the arcade I knew I had to have it.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I don't know what I'd do with it, but I wouldn't mind having one of those.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
If I was a big pimp with a large bank account, I'd own a ton of these. I love old store displays...especially Nintendo "World of Nintendo" stuff...

But man...they are going for a pretty penny these days...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
If I was a big pimp with a large bank account, I'd own a ton of these. I love old store displays...especially Nintendo "World of Nintendo" stuff...

But man...they are going for a pretty penny these days...

I was just thinking about 'World of Nintendo' the other day.. that used to be "the" game store to go to in the mall here 20+ years ago. I remember towards the end, they started selling games from other systems before they closed down(no Neo though.. only Software Etc carried that).

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
at first i though you are speaking about the smaller kiosk ... but man this is something I have never seen. thanks for sharing..

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
The software etc. I used to go to had one. I road my bike to the mall almost every day to play it! Dreamcast was the last home console that i got really excited about it's release

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I think the KB Toys in the next town over had one of those units. That's something that I'll hunt for when I win the lotto (cuz I gonna want to pimp that shit out)

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Cool but Completly diffrent than the ones I remember at Electronics Boutique.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
If I didn't live in a tiny-ass apartment, I would own at least one retail kiosk. They're ballin'.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Interesting. Never saw that before. Amazing restoration work, too.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I can just imagine how much work went into restoring that. Be cool to have a game kiosk some time.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy

Perhaps you can contact these guys from the video? It looks like they are looking for more information on this particular kiosk, if your up for it send them some pictures see if you can help them out a bit. I remember the smaller kiosks but never one like this. I just found out recently Epcot had commissioned sega dreamcast kiosks made for Disney parks too. Awesome to find and dig up more interest/information for those who collect kiosks!

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Heh, I'm friends with Jason. I remember when he first opened up shop a few miles from my parent's house. I was 15, he let me do a CVS2 tournament the first Summer he was open and even sponsored it with some gift certificates. We probably only had 8 entrants.

Really stand up guy. I still pop into his store from time to time (I live further away now).