Ran over by a train, twice

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
So this poor fucking woman slips on the platform and falls between the platform and a stationary train, breaks her nose and smashes her teeth in. Train sets off, takes her arm off. Few minutes later, next train comes in, takes her leg off. She's then noticed, but it takes an hour for emergency services to attend to her.

Amazingly she survived, but it raises a few questions.

1) After she falls down and she's shouting out, how did nobody hear her.

2) First train sets off and leaves her mutilated body lying on the tracks, presumably still kicking out some pretty unhappy noises, how did nobody see her?

3) Next train is coming in... you'd think she might be able to tuck her leg out of the way a bit?

Anyway, horrifying story.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I had a friend die crushed by a train on a platform. He was drunk and fell in the gap as the train was stopping. He was still alive for about 10 minutes but slowly suffocated along with complications from internal bleeding. When emergency services arrived they got everyone to lean on the train and it pushed it enough to get him out but it was too late…

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How come no one heard her? Because trains are fucking louder than people, especially in a tube.

and this has to be straight from her lawyer. " slipped on a puddle". I'd wager she was looking at her phone, like the rest of us....

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
How come no one heard her? Because trains are fucking louder than people, especially in a tube.

and this has to be straight from her lawyer. " slipped on a puddle". I'd wager she was looking at her phone, like the rest of us....

And/or had on shitty footwear.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
This thread title is misleading and makes it seem like the same train ran over the same woman twice. Like the train engineer ran over her once…then backed up the train and did it again.

That’d be one mean motherfucker.