Post Your Recent Purchases!

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Could be a new world's record!

A new challenger approaches! :D Ok, this is not a "recent" purchase, but I've got all of this at a local flea market for 150 EUR total (175 USD).

Is this a new record? :lolz: Well, it's not that impressive if you look closely... the inserts, as you can see, are in baaad condition, and only two games still had the manual (luckily, one of those was Ghost Pilots). And they're not really rare titles. Still, I can't complain, I've been incredibly lucky. One of the two Neo CD pads was in the original carton box (quite beat up box, but still... you don't see those too often).

lPMHD0I.jpg

w8MHEjB.jpg

a3xRjaE.jpg

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
A new challenger approaches! :D Ok, this is not a "recent" purchase, but I've got all of this at a local flea market for 150 EUR total (175 USD).

Is this a new record? :lolz: Well, it's not that impressive if you look closely... the inserts, as you can see, are in baaad condition, and only two games still had the manual (luckily, one of those was Ghost Pilots). And they're not really rare titles. Still, I can't complain, I've been incredibly lucky. One of the two Neo CD pads was in the original carton box (quite beat up box, but still... you don't see those too often).

lPMHD0I.jpg

w8MHEjB.jpg

a3xRjaE.jpg

Its not a bad price, I would have passed on it, but only for the lack of sticks and the game selection.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Friend had a yellowed DC with 4 controllers and 4 VMUs he wasn't using. He got it years ago in a trade and never used it. Controllers were pretty gross. I took them apart and hand cleaned everything with a toothbrush. I then ran the shells through the dishwasher. Someone had spilled something in one of them and then tried to pull the controller apart. They didn't get all the spill and also put it back together wrong, so one of the controllers has some dimples on the front where the screws go in. I guess that can be the mark for which controller is player one :p Looks like the console is a VA0, so that is pretty cool. I have a DC Digital and a MODE I will be installing too. I'll be grabbing a new shell as well. He also gave me some framed art he had in his gaming room. He's thinning out his collection hard, so he gave it to me to put in my game room. It's a really nice piece. Paid 50 bucks for all of it. I was glad to find a decently priced DC.

Attachments

• 2020-08-26.jpg
    2020-08-26.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 176

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
BIG TYMER ALERT

It's been a little bit since I got some new games. I'm still kinda in awe that these two games are in my hands right now. Sadly I still don't own enough AES games to meet the NGF standards of Big Tymer. Maybe one day but I doubt it.

This will be pic heavy for 56k warning:

RB2: I've been dying to get a copy of this game and this one is beautiful with zero spine fade and a reg card.

20200826_151552_9.jpg

20200826_151617_9.jpg

I also got the Metal Slug 5 flyer to complete my US AES copy. I'm gonna run it through my heat press and flatten it back out:

20200826_152754_9.jpg

And now for the star of the show. Garou Mark of the Wolves English US:

20200826_151503_9.jpg

20200826_151430_9.jpg

20200826_151328_7.jpg

20200826_151031_7.jpg

20200826_151230_7.jpg

20200826_151210_7.jpg

What a beautiful day.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Thanks for tip about stalker collectors and scooping from the fam after getting hit with the rona!

40 dollars shipped never felt so go

That's the only way to scoop AES games as far as I'm concerned. Gotta git the dead rona dealz!

Congrats on your scoops from teh grave.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
That's the only way to scoop AES games as far as I'm concerned. Gotta git the dead rona dealz!

Congrats on your scoops from teh grave.

I better take back the joke. I hope the guy is doing well. I don't want to put that bad juju out there haha

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
So on my local eBay a guys offers this Breakers Revenge bootleg for 200 euro. I lowball him 125 out of boredom. thinking that he will never accept (It seems that 200 is the going rate for these japanese bootlegs). And he accepts. Off course now I have to pay :thevt:.
Now aren't these real Breaker Revenge's roms from the MVS? I got it cheaper then the MVS goos for on eBay.

View attachment 57607TTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_20200828_094852.jpg
    IMG_20200828_094852.jpg
    657.3 KB · Views: 398

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You're showing off a bootleg that you knowingly bought. Right o then, well yes the chips are legit and you could've answered your own question by visiting mvs-scans.com like almost everyone else.

I don't get the confusion either, less than the MVS, well.. yeah because the guy literally destroyed it when he made this. Why the hell should it go for more? Should anyway.

Last edited:

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
You're showing off a bootleg that you knowingly bought. Right o then, well yes the chips are legit and you could've answered your own question by visiting mvs-scans.com like almost everyone else.

I don't get the confusion either, less than the MVS, well.. yeah because the guy literally destroyed it when he made this. Why the hell should it go for more? Should anyway.

Well he destroyed an MVS cart and an AES cart to make a bootleg that he sold for less then the price of that MVS and AES cart .
I don't think he made it himself. Because this is one of those bootlegs typically sold in Japan. (Don't know who makes them).

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I finished Ghosts of Tsushima recently. I love the combat but the game did a feel a bit long for what it had to offer.

Picked up Ni No Kuni for $25 CAD and Gravity Rush 2 for $23 CAD from amazon.ca

A buddy gave me his Days Gone which he never tried out. I think it will be next.

ps4daysgone.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I don't remember this one but the YouTube vid I watched makes it seem pretty cool.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Well he destroyed an MVS cart and an AES cart to make a bootleg that he sold for less then the price of that MVS and AES cart .
I don't think he made it himself. Because this is one of those bootlegs typically sold in Japan. (Don't know who makes them).

It's not a bootleg, it's a conversion. Everything else is fake but at least you got legit roms. This game is pretty much stuck in purgatory. Most people who buy Neo-Geo shoot for either legit mvs or aes games and usually don't touch these because it is not collectible. Makes sense why he accepted your offer.

Last edited:

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Well this is a weird acquisition but here it is

Just to sit on the floor with back support and play comfy. Main problem is that it has become my kid's favourite spot to sit and paint, so I now have to ask for permission from my wife to play and from my kid to sit down. Where did my life start spiralling down?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I finally swapped out the open dif for a lsd in the MX-5. Next thing is swapping out the motor (2.0-2.5) and trans (5-6spd) then turbo the mofo.

Two years of planning will soon happen.