Post Your Recent Purchases!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Got a pair of Blast City cabs recently. Pretttttty stoked.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Can't believe my luck, got all carts for just 300$, all complete with manuals.View attachment 57537I probably got the world's record for cheapest Neo Geo Aes Carts sold.

LOL @ "world's record"... It's a decent deal in 2020 but you could easily replicate or beat it 3-5 years ago.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
LOL @ "world's record"... It's a decent deal in 2020 but you could easily replicate or beat it 3-5 years ago.

Hey don't be a dick wyo! You're talking to a world record holder.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I declare Debemus the world record holder in big tymer dealz for the month. If you can’t keep procuring the big tymer dealz every month then you’ll lose your title.

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
5093c115bff72d2522adfae47b06cd2f.jpg

Saw this for sale in retro games store in Essex. Thought why not add it to the collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
Nice, How much did that cost?

Little more than I wanted to pay but I’ve been after a copy for a little while. £240 but he gave me a couple old gameboy games as well which I’ll give to my nephew

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Unfortunately that's about the price you'd expect but honestly you would receive the same thing in better condition for the same price from Japan.

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
Unfortunately that's about the price you'd expect but honestly you would receive the same thing in better condition for the same price from Japan.

True but the customs charge in the U.K. is ridiculous

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Jeez. You could have gotten it for less in Japan and in better condition. Proxy companies let you declare a specific value for customs so you could set it to any value you wanted.

This is also why I don’t care for carton box titles. You’re paying good money for a beat up cardboard box that you can’t even use because you risk damaging it through normal use. The only one that stands out to me is The Super Spy carton because of the alternate (better) artwork done by Shinkiro.

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
I’ve argued with HMRC many times over the cost and it keeps going up. I used to buy my stuff through zenmarket place but the last load of games I got they took the piss. If anyone wants to tell me how to reduce the customs charge then I’m all ears???

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I’ve argued with HMRC many times over the cost and it keeps going up. I used to buy my stuff through zenmarket place but the last load of games I got they took the piss. If anyone wants to tell me how to reduce the customs charge then I’m all ears???

I use FromJapan. They’ve always let me declare whatever value I want for my games. If you wanted to import a game over and set the value to 5000 yen for customs, they let you do that.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
I use FromJapan. They’ve always let me declare whatever value I want for my games. If you wanted to import a game over and set the value to 5000 yen for customs, they let you do that.

Unfortunately that used to be the case for FromJapan but no longer.... You could set the value to whatever you wanted. Now they only allow a value which is around 75% of the actual cost. Unless of course they've applied that to my account for shipping £1000 items and marking them as Y300 gifts...

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Unfortunately that used to be the case for FromJapan but no longer.... You could set the value to whatever you wanted. Now they only allow a value which is around 75% of the actual cost. Unless of course they've applied that to my account for shipping £1000 items and marking them as Y300 gifts...

Interesting. Last time I checked you still could. On my next order I’ll have to confirm if it’s still the case.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Love ASO2! And carton box games in general!

Also I have to admit it is fun sometimes to find/buy a game in store and take it home that day...even knowing you overpaid. I’ve never found a Neo game in the wild, but i’ve definitely overpaid on games for other consoles just to get my grubby little hands on it fast. Sometimes we gotta splurge!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Also - just an FYI there are some decent box protectors for carton box games...pretty effective at helping minimize further wear on them. They are a snug fit but definitely fit without smooshing them. I usually keep my carts out of the box just to minimize the wear and tear on them as well.