Post Your Recent Purchases!

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Tried, but failed... ;). I'm impressed by the cover designs alone, even the wear works in favor of their old B-movie charm. Far better than GB's, too. Needless to say: Congrats!!!

These are really for me the kind of things that make collecting VHS tapes fun. There isn't much value to me in the big name releases. Every where you go you can find thrift shops, and junk stores with vhs copies of The Matrix or X-Men or stuff like. The shit that everyone had is everywhere still and But this kind of stuff is really fun to get a hold of. Great to watch again and just plan fun to have on the shelf with the art. Like you mentioned the condition can still be pretty rough and it doesn't really detract from the value of the item, to me at least.

The very low cost, of the hobby is an added bonus. I know the stuff is out there most of the time in a better format for watching, but there is just something cool about the old VHS boxes. It brings me back to the days of standing in the video store looking at all the b movies and trying to decide what to rent. If I ever get moved I'll be tempted to do up a wall of just videos like an old school rental shop.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
29533945716_143fb25d00_c.jpg

28944448283_1bec81d008_c.jpg

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
These are really for me the kind of things that make collecting VHS tapes fun. There isn't much value to me in the big name releases. Every where you go you can find thrift shops, and junk stores with vhs copies of The Matrix or X-Men or stuff like. The shit that everyone had is everywhere still and But this kind of stuff is really fun to get a hold of. Great to watch again and just plan fun to have on the shelf with the art. Like you mentioned the condition can still be pretty rough and it doesn't really detract from the value of the item, to me at least.

The very low cost, of the hobby is an added bonus. I know the stuff is out there most of the time in a better format for watching, but there is just something cool about the old VHS boxes. It brings me back to the days of standing in the video store looking at all the b movies and trying to decide what to rent. If I ever get moved I'll be tempted to do up a wall of just videos like an old school rental shop.

Well said! That's how I feel with boxed snes/genesis/aes games.
Kudos on getting those tapes though. Loved the fox kids show

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
Hey congrats! How much time between placing the order and the delivery?

Also, what's your video setup that you're using?

Using component right now - it looks ok on the small LCD it is hooked up to right now. I plan to get an XRGB mini in the next few months.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
When you get the mini make sure you use the rgb connection and not the component.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Using component right now - it looks ok on the small LCD it is hooked up to right now. I plan to get an XRGB mini in the next few months.

Yeah. That pretty much seems to be the way to go. I got a taste of RGB on my SNES but unfortunately, the upscalers for $50 just kept having stupid technical issues. I got 2. First one straight up didn't display. The second one cut out every so often. Fuck that. Just gonna get xrgb.

Randomsense

New Challenger
I've been on a bit of a Dreamcast kick as of late.
Grabbed The Typing of the Dead, Maken X, and Phantasy Star Online (v1) from a local shop today. All disc only but I still get to play them :)

20160909_175957-2.jpg

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
There ya go. I haven't actually played any of those when I had my DC. Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if it still exists. I gave it to my younger brothers when I moved out of my parents house like 13 years ago. They mostly play current gen stuff now but I can't imagine my youngest brother would have sold it. Even though it was before his time, he appreciates older stuff.

I know I had DOA, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (1 & 2?), Soul Caliber....shit, I can't remember what else.

Fuck! NFL 2K! Best fucking football game before everything was stupid ass Madden.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
This arrived yesterday from a member here, first Neo Geo purchase in over 10 years.

I ordered one of these a couple months ago, and the paypal updated to show a shipping label was printed for it. I've basically been checking the tracking status non-stop ever since, lol. I'm still trying to decide which game I'll play first: Neo Turf Masters, Windjammers, or Metal Slug.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
.... consolized MVS + full kit ambitions (including matching serials, orig labels, clean carts and what not of other junky paper/plastic debris)

...coming from someone who cums on cartbaggies and registercards...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...coming from someone who cums on cartbaggies and registercards...

Yes, this is NGH... nonconformity, freakishness and gamer hereticism -- it's all expected. Yet again, who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? Let's not fool ourselves.

"envy, a sure sign of fame, was already beginning to assail him"

But you know that already, in full disregard of the injunction to be read on the walls of English public lavatories -- 'Please adjust your dress before leaving.' Well, try it sometimes...

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Yes, this is NGH... nonconformity, freakishness and gamer hereticism -- it's all expected. Yet again, who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? Let's not fool ourselves.

"envy, a sure sign of fame, was already beginning to assail him"

But you know that already, in full disregard of the injunction to be read on the walls of English public lavatories -- 'Please adjust your dress before leaving.' Well, try it sometimes...

take it easy heinzruediger...

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
So I've mentioned before that I sold up my decent sized AES collection back in 2012, a fair bit of it here. I had really been missing Neo gaming so quietly started rebuilding a while back, but the thing is to rebuild the collection I once had, the prices have now gone insane on many of the games I owned. When you realise you can pick up pretty much a full Slug set on MVS as well as a CMVS to play it on for less than it would cost me to buy a Slug 3 on Home cart again, the Omega became a no brainier when given the chance of one recently to sit alongside my AES -

10bb4f5819d82749abf1844dd7298119_zpshpueewhb.jpg

It's about playing the games more than anything for me, but I still prefer original hardware over emulation. To be honest, I think I'll end up replacing all the AES stuff I have with their MVS counterparts. My little retro corner in the guest bedroom is pretty Neo-centric.

676ecf73301d2050e3d68f73932a9ca3_zpsifoompvm.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So I've mentioned before that I sold up my decent sized AES collection back in 2012, a fair bit of it here. I had really been missing Neo gaming so quietly started rebuilding a while back, but the thing is to rebuild the collection I once had, the prices have now gone insane on many of the games I owned. When you realise you can pick up pretty much a full Slug set on MVS as well as a CMVS to play it on for less than it would cost me to buy a Slug 3 on Home cart again, the Omega became a no brainier when given the chance of one recently to sit alongside my AES -

10bb4f5819d82749abf1844dd7298119_zpshpueewhb.jpg

It's about playing the games more than anything for me, but I still prefer original hardware over emulation. To be honest, I think I'll end up replacing all the AES stuff I have with their MVS counterparts. My little retro corner in the guest bedroom is pretty Neo-centric.

676ecf73301d2050e3d68f73932a9ca3_zpsifoompvm.jpg

Very clean setup. Looks awesome bro. Where did you get that omega box In the corner?

Last edited:

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Very clean setup. Looks awesome bro. Where did you get that omega box In the corner?

The system arrived in it, I just assumed they all did now, though admittedly when I bought one a few years ago it didn't.

Can you go into detail on the TV? It looks like a 4:3 LCD? What is the mount?

It's a 4:3 CRT, Bang & Olufsen Beovision 1. It's the only CRT I can think of that doesn't look out of place in modern homes, still looks very stylish. Mount is standard B&O.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
It's a 4:3 CRT, Bang & Olufsen Beovision 1. It's the only CRT I can think of that doesn't look out of place in modern homes, still looks very stylish. Mount is standard B&O.

Looks awesome - where did you get it from (or have you had it a while)?