Post Your Recent Purchases!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yeah, generally speaking AMD cards of the same class are more powerful than Nvidia, but sometimes the Nvidia performs better due to driver support. The result is that if you were to compare cards in the same class (say, the RX580 vs a 1060) some games will run a little better on one, others will do better on the other. I like AMD right now mostly because Freesync monitors are cheaper than G sync, although I have neither at the moment.

Ah, gotcha. Good info.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Are ATI chips not good for gaming these days? They're actually great for video production - at least with apps that use OpenCL, which is everything Adobe makes.

I think they're good for the 1080p/1440p space but if you want to play at 4K a 1080/1080ti or the new 2080/2080ti cards blows away anything ATI has to offer by a large margin but lets not talk about price ;)

I've been buying the 'Ti' card every 3 years now and while it's an expensive card for sure it guarantee's maximum settings with room to breathe.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I think they're good for the 1080p/1440p space but if you want to play at 4K a 1080/1080ti or the new 2080/2080ti cards blows away anything ATI has to offer by a large margin but lets not talk about price ;)

I've been buying the 'Ti' card every 3 years now and while it's an expensive card for sure it guarantee's maximum settings with room to breathe.

Real talk.

That said, I have no problem with Radeon, I put one in my son’s PC. I just prefer nVidia.

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Just taken the plunge into the world of Neo Geo, this arrived today. And yes, I already know I bought the wrong one :lolz:

Enjoying it so far, the loading times on the games I have tried (Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Fatal Fury 3) aren't really much worse than I'm used to on the Sega Saturn.

IMG_6843.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just taken the plunge into the world of Neo Geo, this arrived today. And yes, I already know I bought the wrong one :lolz:

Enjoying it so far, the loading times on the games I have tried (Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Fatal Fury 3) aren't really much worse than I'm used to on the Sega Saturn.

View attachment 52143

Nice Pick Up. Congrats

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Super Scope 6 W/Cart S-N-E-S
Battleclash- S-N-E-S
Soul Calibur VI PS4
Red Dead 2 PS4

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug

View attachment 52143

Nice! Load times equal money saved. But I bet you’ll end up with a home cart set...just reading the forums here before I joined sent me down the rabbit hole.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nice! Load times equal money saved. But I bet you’ll end up with a home cart set...just reading the forums here before I joined sent me down the rabbit hole.

Good luck getting the MS extras and NTM extra course on cart.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Dont listen to MM. You're making the right choice. Play the NeoCd Emu on a modded OG xbox for the extra course on NTM. It loads alot faster too. Or pick up a pricey CDZ for slightly faster load times lol.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Dont listen to MM. You're making the right choice. Play the NeoCd Emu on a modded OG xbox for the extra course on NTM. It loads alot faster too. Or pick up a pricey CDZ for slightly faster load times lol.

Why not just play everything on a modded xbox in that case? Skip the neosd and MVS. Your logic is flawless.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Why not just play everything on a modded xbox in that case? Skip the neosd and MVS. Your logic is flawless.

Because playing on a original NeoCd with those ridiculous load times kills the Neo experience. It's Aes/Mvs or nothing. Playing a NeoCd on a Xbox emulator with much faster load times is the preferred way if you want to play the NCD platform.

I personally would just stick to Aes/Mvs and bypass the NCD all together but you already know that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Super Scope 6 W/Cart S-N-E-S
Battleclash- S-N-E-S
Soul Calibur VI PS4
Red Dead 2 PS4
Battleclash is criminally underrated. Probably the best Super Scope game. If you can beat it on hard you OG as fuck.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I got a NGCD myself and i can see where razo is coming from, playing neo games on an ogxbox is quicker and they play fine, rom box's got there place if you ain't got deep pockets.
We do need a decent jag emulator though.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug

I can’t speak from direct experience, but based on videos I’ve watched, CDZ still pretty slow.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Which NGCD games do you own and play?

Haven’t ever owned a NGCD, only played a friends, but it was one of the Fatal Fury games that loaded and intro to the fight, then loaded again before the actual fight. And I’m guessing that wasn’t the only one, but it was enough for me not to do it quite a few years ago. Nowadays, I’d still likely purchase for collection purposes. But, educate me then, is there a lot of extra content worth it?