Post Your Recent Purchases!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I think I'm all set with snes/sfc carts, I'll just use the Everdrive for the rest.
View attachment 52059

I played the shit into snes doom back in the day, sure it was a blocky mess but it was the only system i could afford to play it on, no way i could buy a pc back in those day's.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
bf305009998c7f4f0a01320760551c45.jpg

Some more MVS carts, actually found locally at a shop for once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I've wanted to keep my Windows 98 build new parts only, but I figured I'd never find Roland speakers new. I ended up getting a really clean used pair for a great price (I posted them here earlier). I've been keeping my eyes out for a Roland Sound Canvas for another project I'm working on. While looking around for one I ended up randomly finding 3 NOS Roland MA-12Cs for 60 bucks a piece. Figured it had to be to good to be true, but gave it a shot. These arrived today. Hopefully my scooping luck continues.

Screenshot_20181027-094849~2.png

Screenshot_20181027-095011~2.png

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It's always fun receiving packages from ng.com members. Thanks madman! :D

DSC03390.JPG

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That is the kind of service one can expect when purchasing from madman's retro gaming emporium. wyo is a repeat customer and therefore received two custom dick drawings.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Damn Mike.

If you want any sound canvas help.... holler at ya boy ;)

Madman's emporium is HUGE. HUUUUUUUGE. trust me. Huge.

Last edited:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Damn Mike.

If you want any sound canvas help.... holler at ya boy ;)

Madman's emporium is HUGE. HUUUUUUUGE. trust me. Huge.

I definitely will. Still trying to locate some that are not ridiculous expensive. I'm not entirely mad about not finding any so far. Never hurts to give the wallet a break:-J

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I definitely will. Still trying to locate some that are not ridiculous expensive. I'm not entirely mad about not finding any so far. Never hurts to give the wallet a break:-J

I have a couple SC-55's, I could be talked to trading you one for a SC88 if you found one. Not sure how the sales price compares any more with the retro fads.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
For all you PC Gaming Master Race types:

krtnpuBl.jpg

Fuck yeah! I just got the XFX version of the 8 GB RX580. Fuck these other guys, this thing is awesome, and right now the pricing is much better than the Geforce equivalents.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Fuck yeah! I just got the XFX version of the 8 GB RX580. Fuck these other guys, this thing is awesome, and right now the pricing is much better than the Geforce equivalents.

I've only used Sapphire cards for a long time now. I think this is my 4th one from them. I have an XFX one also but it is prone to overheating. After 3dfx got bought by nVidia, I was using nVidia cards but I always had problems with bad memory and fans dying. They had their chance and they blew it!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Sell that garbage, get a PS4 or xbox. They're basically PCs you aren't forced to upgrade every few months.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I wasn't going to say it but yeah.. Eww Radeon!

Are ATI chips not good for gaming these days? They're actually great for video production - at least with apps that use OpenCL, which is everything Adobe makes.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sell that garbage, get a PS4 or xbox. They're basically PCs you aren't forced to upgrade every few months.

My computer beats the shit out of an Xbox One X, so I likely won't need an upgrade for a very long time as most games are still designed around the regular PS4/Xbone as the lowest common denominator.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Are ATI chips not good for gaming these days? They're actually great for video production - at least with apps that use OpenCL, which is everything Adobe makes.

Most games nowadays have that Nvidia splash on them, pretty sure Team Green pays a bit extra to make the engines run a bit better on their cards.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Most games nowadays have that Nvidia splash on them, pretty sure Team Green pays a bit extra to make the engines run a bit better on their cards.

Yeah, they have some proprietary pipeline and AFAIK, devs have to pay nVidia to license that tech, which is why production apps have been moving toward ATI / AMD.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
7d7217cf582d467135d8d1eb2b613773.jpg

Got 4 of these for my Wii, Nothing special but I found the “recommended for” list interesting :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Love how it says metal slug, you still have to shake the controller to throw a grenade. So dumb.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, they have some proprietary pipeline and AFAIK, devs have to pay nVidia to license that tech, which is why production apps have been moving toward ATI / AMD.

Yeah, generally speaking AMD cards of the same class are more powerful than Nvidia, but sometimes the Nvidia performs better due to driver support. The result is that if you were to compare cards in the same class (say, the RX580 vs a 1060) some games will run a little better on one, others will do better on the other. I like AMD right now mostly because Freesync monitors are cheaper than G sync, although I have neither at the moment.