### Post your PIC - Official Thread ###

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
18334237.jpg

Mike26

McWow,
Yeah, frost bite, goddamn dude. Tell us more, make a thread even!

i mentioned it back in march of last year in a thread in off topic, someone made a thread about being sad and unhappy. I replied with what i just got back doing (the kili climb/backpacking thru africa) after being depressed for a few years i finally got off my ass by packing a bag and going to africa to climb. Just a one day decision where i picked up and left that sad depression behind. I was replied with a sarcastic "cool story bro" and kinda made fun of... Figured it probably sounded presumptuous and made up so never brought it up again. Figured it wasn't meant for this community.

If you are interested and would like to hear about my climb more I would be glad to make a thread. I just don't want to come across the wrong way and push any beliefs or "better than thou" type shit on anyone, because frankly i'm better than nobody, just different.

aria

Former Moderator
i mentioned it back in march of last year in a thread in off topic, someone made a thread about being sad and unhappy. I replied with what i just got back doing (the kili climb/backpacking thru africa) after being depressed for a few years i finally got off my ass by packing a bag and going to africa to climb. Just a one day decision where i picked up and left that sad depression behind. I was replied with a sarcastic "cool story bro" and kinda made fun of... Figured it probably sounded presumptuous and made up so never brought it up again. Figured it wasn't meant for this community.

If you are interested and would like to hear about my climb more I would be glad to make a thread. I just don't want to come across the wrong way and push any beliefs or "better than thou" type shit on anyone, because frankly i'm better than nobody, just different.

DO IT, FOO!

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
DSCN3871.jpg

Pop in the movie "Flight of the Navigator" pause the movie at 1:20:16 and then look at this picture again!

Last edited:

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
it's been a loooooong time.

me and one of my friends in vernon bc. you can't really tell, but that lake is really far below us.

541197_10151675297350445_862440444_24203891_1119298945_n.jpg

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
578942_989224948561_45003951_36203125_1987093303_n.jpg

Taken right before my community symphonic band's John Phillips Sousa Spring Concert last Sunday.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
oh look, da has degenerated so that he's incapable of posting a pic.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I tried using the normal tag that works at forums, that didn't do it, so I did it with the image button but now it shows nothing. Oh well.

Or maybe I should try again.

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/csmsgyr

There we go.

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I tried using the normal tag that works at forums, that didn't do it, so I did it with the image button but now it shows nothing. Oh well.

There we go.

If you pm me your phonenumber, I will :)

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl

There we go.

Wow. Just....wow.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Nice! A Master's hood. Based on the color, was your degree was related to Education?

Academic dress is fascinating and the Wikipedia article on it has been built into something pretty good with plenty of pics and sub-articles (US dress).

Mine had the traditional purple with hood and sleeve stripes. You'll get those the next time'round eh? :D

Yes education, and with the goofy dangly sleeves to boot. Funny story, I had no clue what color it was supposed to be, so when I picked up my cap and gown it was yellow and the gown was super short. So last second right before the ceremony I had to get it changed (fortunately they had a "something is fucked up" booth). So I approach the lady and explain the tassel and hood are the wrong color and the gown is about a foot too short. She decided to give me some snappy answer like "Well when you picked it up did you not think it was odd that they said the wrong name" which I replied "You are right I would have, if that were the case, it was actually just wrong thanks"

She wasn't too pleased with my reply, I also then accidentally broke my cap when the button that holds the tassel popped off. It was kind of a mess.

I'm excited for my big wizards robe next time. Some of the faculty had some truly wild doctoral robes from their schools. One guy had a purple silkesque robe with green and gold accents with a brimmed hat. It was probably the greatest thing ever
529px-DOCTOR_OF_PHILOSOPHY.jpg

not exactly, but similar to this.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Yes education, and with the goofy dangly sleeves to boot. Funny story, I had no clue what color it was supposed to be, so when I picked up my cap and gown it was yellow and the gown was super short. So last second right before the ceremony I had to get it changed (fortunately they had a "something is fucked up" booth). So I approach the lady and explain the tassel and hood are the wrong color and the gown is about a foot too short. She decided to give me some snappy answer like "Well when you picked it up did you not think it was odd that they said the wrong name" which I replied "You are right I would have, if that were the case, it was actually just wrong thanks"

She wasn't too pleased with my reply, I also then accidentally broke my cap when the button that holds the tassel popped off. It was kind of a mess.

I'm excited for my big wizards robe next time. Some of the faculty had some truly wild doctoral robes from their schools. One guy had a purple silkesque robe with green and gold accents with a brimmed hat. It was probably the greatest thing ever
529px-DOCTOR_OF_PHILOSOPHY.jpg

not exactly, but similar to this.

I think full-time faculty buy robes that are higher quality than the rented stuff most students wear at graduation. I know if I ever became full time faculty I would probably buy one (cost effective? no. fun? yes.)

This was what I wore at mine. I kind of which we went with tams (the soft, fabric hats which can be used with a J.D.). Purple's the traditional color for law in the US:

0DR39.png

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
4453763b-52e6-5fdf.jpg

With my buddy's new baby. The smell of the crown, on a 1 month old is one of the greatest.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I think full-time faculty buy robes that are higher quality than the rented stuff most students wear at graduation. I know if I ever became full time faculty I would probably buy one (cost effective? no. fun? yes.)

This was what I wore at mine. I kind of which we went with tams (the soft, fabric hats which can be used with a J.D.). Purple's the traditional color for law in the US:

0DR39.png

Needs more finger bling.