Omega MVS Cartridge Shells: Kickstarter Now Live!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Pledged!
It's so cool to see this progress. I hope the Kickstarter reaches the needed amount fast, I'm actually quite surprised it didn't already.

How about including a short note with every order shipped reminding the buyers to always keep the shells their games came in and watch out not to damage the labels when they switch the boards over? I know a lot of the bakers will be neo collectors and know about this already, but it might be a good idea to prevent original shells and labels from ending up in dumpsters.

I suppose this could be included, but I hardly think that it merits the level of importance you are attaching to it. While I will most definitely be holding on to the original shells, I (and quite a few others, I would imagine) really couldn't care less about the labels. Do the boards work? Check. Are they protected from casual use damage via a shell? Check. Can I play the game? Check. These should be the considerations covered. It's an MVS video game for crying out loud, not a painting from one of the masters.

In short, if it is possible to include these 'notes' in the final product without driving the costs up, then sure, go for it. But if the endstate price point of the shells would be negatively affected by the need for OCD collector nonsense to prevail, then I vote that the idea be scrapped. Sorry...

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
What file formats would be pretty universal? I was thinking TIFF for non-photoshop users.

As far as original mvs label considerations are concerned, I'll have a pdf instruction sheet with some notes about it. There are some people who aren't familiar with the specifics of the two boards in mvs carts so a visual guide to board placement and orientation will accompany the shells.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Awesome project - these do look great!
I am glad I have looked in. I will defo pledge and support. Nice work.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
If it's just an outline, then an AI file would be nice. Also - what DPI should we be working at. 300?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'd like to shoot for 600 dpi or higher. 300 would be the absolute minimum in order to get decent prints.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
These look awesome! I'm down for one, pottentially more later. Good luck with the pledge drive!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Pledged!
It's so cool to see this progress. I hope the Kickstarter reaches the needed amount fast, I'm actually quite surprised it didn't already.

How about including a short note with every order shipped reminding the buyers to always keep the shells their games came in and watch out not to damage the labels when they switch the boards over? I know a lot of the bakers will be neo collectors and know about this already, but it might be a good idea to prevent original shells and labels from ending up in dumpsters.

If the buyers like the new cart shells over the originals, they probably won't bother to preserve the condition of the soon-to-be-replaced shells and labels.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
gotta get the sharing going. spread the word.

ScreenShot2013-04-27at122206AM_zpscf43a26b.png

ScreenShot2013-04-27at123147AM_zps330dacff.png

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
As far as original mvs label considerations are concerned, I'll have a pdf instruction sheet with some notes about it.
:buttrock:

If the buyers like the new cart shells over the originals, they probably won't bother to preserve the condition of the soon-to-be-replaced shells and labels.
Which is what worries me...

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
I might have missed something really obvious, but how does international shipping work?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I might have missed something really obvious, but how does international shipping work?
->
Shipping isn't included in the pledge. In some cases, $15 will all go towards shipping the shell. The cost will vary depending on destination but I will keep it fair. Priority mail is standard for domestic and EMS for international.

Last edited:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Great work!!! Pledged for the 10 pack. What's a way to get around the limitation? I wanted at least 20.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Pledge in multiples of the minimum pledge amount. So it would be $270 for 20 (2x $135).

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Pledge in multiples of the minimum pledge amount. So it would be $270 for 20 (2x $135).

Awesome, changed to $270. And I'll have to get that Metal Slug 3 back to you before these finish up and ship.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Are you still going ahead with these shadow even if the goal isnt met? Dont want to be a kill joy but its not even at 10% of the goal after 5 days...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
8bDcLzJ.jpg

awesome work

this can only be topped by a mv1c/omega memory card slot

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
Are you still going ahead with these shadow even if the goal isnt met? Dont want to be a kill joy but its not even at 10% of the goal after 5 days...

With this and your post on page 2, it's like you're professor Kickstarter!

theMot

10 Year Member
With this and your post on page 2, it's like you're professor Kickstarter!

Im an internet economist, its what i do. Go look up my posts on market forces and mvs magician lord for some more of my insights.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
Im an internet economist, its what i do. Go look up my posts on market forces and mvs magician lord for some more of my insights.

I don't doubt your credentials (mostly because I don't care), but, without any ideas for a solution to THIS situation, you are sort of just filling a captain obvious role by repeatedly saying it's looking grim.

theMot

10 Year Member
I do have a solution to this situation.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

Most likely not. I can't justify the cost and time involved for just a few hundred pieces. The only foreseeable way I can see this coming out without community support is if I somehow acquire the licensing rights to reprint titles in a compilation (i.e. legit multi-carts).