Norm MacDonald dead at 61

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Holy shit, damn. That came out of nowhere.

Was my #1 favorite comedian, hands down. RIP. Loved his podcast, too bad he was so spotty with episodes

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Man, that sucks. RIP.

Saw him do stand up probably about 7 years ago. One of the funniest shows I've ever been to. Really glad I saw him when I had the chance.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
my mind straight to cocaine... but it was the other C....
sad

I have randomly been watching his videos recently too.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Loved his appearances on Conan. He will be missed.

I saw that he was looking super old lately, just thought it was a bad diet and/or alcoholism. Sucks he was battling cancer for the past 9 years.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Fuck. Norm was the best. One of my favorite things he did was on one of those shitty Comedy Central Roasts. The dude sat there on the dais READING A FUCKING NEWS PAPER lol.

And then he went up and did nothing but shit jokes intended to bomb. And it was one of the funniest things Ive ever seen him do.

Looks like I'm watching Dirty Work tonite after work. RIP Norm. You were the man.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Dirty Work was the first DVD I ever bought. Very sad news. RIP

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Not usually one for noting celebrity passings but rest easy you hilarious son of a bitch.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
It's a trite cliche but Norm truly was one of a kind. A little odd and his style wasn't necessarily for everyone but the man had giant stones and was respected pretty much universally in the comedy community.

It's a fucking shame nobody knew this was coming but it fits in perfectly with who Norm was. Never made a big deal of himself. I'm really gonna miss his appearances on late night shows. He would've made a great regular guest on a show as he got older and crankier. Ugh. Dammit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Agreed. His Conan appearances were gold. I loved his Netflix talk show too. When he first came on SNL I was like what is this dude's problem, he keeps laughing at his own jokes.

Well, it was because the jokes were that damn hilarious. I also remember that Chevy Chase said he felt Norm was the only other SNL alum that did Weekend Update justice.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He was an inspiration to people everywhere with only a high school level education.

His run on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, where he got to the million dollar question only to secondguess himself thanks to Regis was legendary.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
One of my favorites on weekend update. More currently, his Netflix interview show was great. R.I.P.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Well poo.
Lost an Aunt and an Uncle to cancer.
What a miserable disease.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
One of my favorites on weekend update. More currently, his Netflix interview show was great. R.I.P.
His youtube interview show that preceeded it was even better. I hope whoever holds the rights to it re-uploads at some point. It deserves to be seen by everyone.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

It's a sign of his talent and originality that he could make jokes work in a way that you couldn't imagine another comedian pulling off.