Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
other than being an official product, I don't see the appeal.
There are so many better options.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
First of all, $60 =/= "fat wallet". It's called "having some fuckin' around money". If I could just waltz into Target and buy one of these, I'd do it just for the few days of fun that it would provide. I'm not buying it because this is the same standard Nintendo false-scarcity bullshit that made it hard to get the AAA NES cartridges back in '87. They never fucking change. Fuck 'em.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Dude...why? It's cool but it's not "stand in line for hours" cool.

Nah, screw that. I got the insider tip from the Target chick yesterday over the phone - get in early, secure a place and I'll be fine.

I did just that. The dude from Target was handing out tickets that secured a console. I was number 5. I got there about 45mins before opening, so I sat down, had a coffee and waited. It got to a point when he was having to break the news and turn people away though. They told me they received 18 in total, all sold out obviously.

34644z9.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
other than being an official product, I don't see the appeal.
There are so many better options.

Are there better options for true casual gamers looking for a nostalgia gift for their kids? "Hey kiddos look at this shit we used to play?"

That's what this strikes me as.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
$99? What the fuck?

I was waiting for it.

You do realise our dollar is not 1:1.

Jibs is right though. Actually, we get screwed over price wise for everything.

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Are there better options for true casual gamers looking for a nostalgia gift for their kids? "Hey kiddos look at this shit we used to play?"

That's what this strikes me as.

Nintendo makes people lose their minds.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Actually, we get screwed over price wise for everything.

I know that feel bro.

vZKAeoD.gif

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You guys have poutine, though.

Ahh touché. Poutine is taking off big time down under too.

Australians and Canadians are actually very similar in many ways, especially our sarcastic sense of humour.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Ahh touché. Poutine is taking off big time down under too.

Seriously? Fuck. Why can't we get summa dat shit where I live? I want to come visit Australia, but it's too far. Would be cool to meet Ozzy Man though. You know that guy? "HAVE A LOOK AT THIS CHEEKY FAT RAT WANKER."

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Got an email this evening from Amazon about the NES mini. Limited to one per customer, one click ordering is disabled, and going live at 2pm PT on Friday. Get your mouse clicker fingers ready!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
If you don't mind naming it, what's the site? I'd kind of like to steer clear of a business that's willing to pull that shit.

thegamecollection.net. It's a UK site, so probably not relevant to most here. They still have them listed at £99.00 ($123) today. I've never had a problem with them before, but this whole thing was pretty sneaky. The email said my order was cancelled because my card had expired, but my card doesn't expire until 2019 so I guess they used the same excuse for every preorder. Still no shipping notification either :(

Edit: Just had my dispatch notification!

Last edited:

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Amazon.com just emailed this to me:

Thank you for your interest in ordering the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic! Read on for information on how to get your very own NES Classic at Amazon.com.

The NES Classic will be available for sale at 2:00 p.m. PT on Friday, November 11. Purchases are limited to one per customer, and 1-Click Ordering will be disabled for this item. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process. We have very limited quantities of this item, however we will be receiving additional quantities over the coming weeks. Please act quickly at 2:00 p.m. PT on Friday for your best chance at buying an NES Classic.

Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long. We will make similar announcements when additional inventory becomes available.

Thank you for shopping with us. Amazon.com Video Games

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
lol this is like the Neo Geo X all over again.

Subpar garbage hardware and you guys are running out to buy this shit to.

No wonder Nintendo never innovates anymore. They have a built in group of people who would buy a Turd Amiibo if it was released by Nintendo.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
lol this is like the Neo Geo X all over again.

Subpar garbage hardware and you guys are running out to buy this shit to.

No wonder Nintendo never innovates anymore. They have a built in group of people who would buy a Turd Amiibo if it was released by Nintendo.

Fuck that.

I'm flippin this muhfugga

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was waiting for it.

You do realise our dollar is not 1:1.

Jibs is right though. Actually, we get screwed over price wise for everything.

I forgot you were on the other side of the world. Frankly, I'm surprised it's not more since you guys get assraped on electronics most of the time.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm going to say this again...

To an old NES fan who literally hasn't seen or played one in 20+ years...I can 100% see why they'd want one, who wouldn't?

For ANYONE that currently has a NES, or ROM carts, or the actual games...or even emulators...AKA game collectors and people who never left the scene...why even bother with all of this horse shit?