NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
"metal slug kizuna kraut buster fatal fury"

that's some high praise :D

Catoblepa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
20 Year Member
It actually sold 😵
In other news I actually lost enough weight to rock the TEOT shirt #lyfegoals.
"Best offer accepted"...

Congrats for the weight loss, man! The original artist of that shirt should follow your example (guess it's time to do some stairs and eat less gelati)

Johnny16Bit

Mickey's Coach
Show us yer TEOTs!!

giphy.gif

CloudGamerX

Another Striker
Sorry for the necro bump, but is their still going to be a release of the final build on itch.io, or is it exclusively locked to the occasional pre-order?

CloudGamerX

Another Striker
Long time we haven’t posted an update, so here we go.

As said last month, the game is completed.

Consider that Beta 7, which has been up on the itch.io page for a while now, is identical to the final version, except for a few cosmetic exceptions (namely, the boot sequence + disclaimer, and the “Beta” mention at the bottom of the game screen). Otherwise it’s the exact same game as what we have sent to mount on AES/MVS carts.
That Final version will be made freely available for download next year.

Don’t wait till then to grab the Beta 7 rom for your NeoSD or emulator, as, once again, it is the same completed game ; you can even play it online on Fightcade.

So, here - you got a new neo geo game. Enjoy! :)

View attachment 59199

According to this post here, it would be made available in 2023. However, the itch.io page hasn't been updated since 2022. Was their perhaps a delay in that update, or a change of plans?

Johnny16Bit

Mickey's Coach
According to this post here, it would be made available in 2023. However, the itch.io page hasn't been updated since 2022. Was their perhaps a delay in that update, or a change of plans?

Hey there

No, no change of plans, we just moved on to something else and forgot about it entirely. Nobody ever requests the final rom, except to make their own buck out of it ; players just use Beta 7 :)

CloudGamerX

Another Striker
Is it possible for me to request the final ROM, even if only privately? I know the differences aren't major, I just like to play the latest build of games.

Johnny16Bit

Mickey's Coach
Is it possible for me to request the final ROM, even if only privately? I know the differences aren't major, I just like to play the latest build of games.

Nah, we'll either just make openly public or not. We'll scratch our head over it. :)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Nah, we'll either just make openly public or not. We'll scratch our head over it. :)
I've previously paid for the beta7 ROM and would also like the final version as well, please.

Will you be updating the itch.io page for everyone?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
From what I understand the publicly available one is exactly the same except for text in the corner and an intro demo at the beginning. You're paying a premium to buy a cart with them removed.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
From what I understand the publicly available one is exactly the same except for text in the corner and an intro demo at the beginning. You're paying a premium to buy a cart with them removed.
The cracktro is a bit annoying and superfluous, given, you know.... There was nothing to crack in the first place.

Homebrew reconstruction =/= copy protection crack

Would be nice to not have the constant beta7 disclaimer either.

Johnny16Bit

Mickey's Coach
The cracktro is a bit annoying and superfluous, given, you know.... There was nothing to crack in the first place.

Homebrew reconstruction =/= copy protection crack

Would be nice to not have the constant beta7 disclaimer either.

Heh, that cracktro was an April 1st troll for the guys who thought we had a special internet search engine that allowed us to get teh |2omz, that we hacked an existing neo geo game, or that we had a trans-CPU code copy-pasting tool that allowed us to grab the 3do & PC versions to shake them into a neo geo rom.

Anyway, we debated it with Ozzy and decided not to share that "non-beta" rom for the time being. We understand you guys would prefer it without the silly cracktro and the "beta" mention... But I'll say it again: the game content is otherwise 100% identical. We still regret we don't go the extra step for those who, like you, have kindly supported us (or just... those who have done us no harm!) - but those details that for you would be a little extra would be a big & easy bonus for leeches of all kinds. Those got, and will get enough from us this year already without us doing them that additional favour.

I know I said we'd share it, and it's never good to backpedal; I'm also well aware that from an ethics standpoint the whole issue is a grey area, and can be questioned. So we're not easy about it; we're counting on your understanding really :)

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Heh, that cracktro was an April 1st troll for the guys who thought we had a special internet search engine that allowed us to get teh |2omz, that we hacked an existing neo geo game, or that we had a trans-CPU code copy-pasting tool that allowed us to grab the 3do & PC versions to shake them into a neo geo rom.
That's why I love you guys. You just do things your way. You don't really care what the community supposedly says. Cracktro as a joke? Sure. Excessive swearing and toilet humor? Why not? Never stop staying true to yourselves.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
That's why I love you guys. You just do things your way. You don't really care what the community supposedly says. Cracktro as a joke? Sure. Excessive swearing and toilet humor? Why not? Never stop staying true to yourselves.
“Fuck all these bitches” basically what Neo Alec said.