Neo-Geo.com successfully migrated to a new server

Shawn

, Grandmaster Elf , Overlord (GEO), , snkusa.com
Welcome! If you are viewing this thread then you are now accessing NG.com on the new server.

- Some users may require another 24 to 48 hours to pass before they will be directed to this new server, and during this time they will be posting (& PM’n) on the “old server” (this means that their posts & PM’s won’t be recorded on the new server and will be lost).

- Any posts and PMs you make from this point on will be safely recorded. No more Groundhog Day events are to be expected, until our next server migration (which probably won’t occur until at least 2009).

- Our new server is blazing fast when compared to our old clunker that was overloaded. No errors have been reported thus far and everything appears to be working as they should. Enjoy!

Neo-Geo.com new server specs:
DELL PowerEdge Server
MOTHERBOARD PowerEdge 1950
CPU Dual-Core Xeon 5130 Woodcrest Processor
MEMORY 4096 MB ECC Memory
STORAGE 160 GB SATA
STORAGE 160 GB SATA
STORAGE SATA RAID 1

NeoStore.com server specs:
CHASSIS 2U Chassis
STORAGE 36 GB Enhanced SCSI
STORAGE 36 GB Enhanced SCSI
STORAGE 36 GB Enhanced SCSI
STORAGE Enhanced SCSI RAID 5 Storage
MEMORY 4096 MB ECC Memory
CPU Dual Xeon 3.0 GHz
 

Takumaji

Kraut Mod
Staff member
So finally, ng.com found a new home, thanks a lot Shawn.

On to the next five years... :)
 

aria

Former Moderator
w00t!

Now the craptastic sludge filling the War Room will come at you lighting quick!
 

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Shawn said:
Welcome! If you are viewing this thread then you are now accessing NG.com on the new server.

- Some users may require another 24 to 48 hours to pass before they will be directed to this new server, and during this time they will be posting (& PM’n) on the “old server” (this means that their posts & PM’s won’t be recorded on the new server and will be lost).

- Any posts and PMs you make from this point on will be safely recorded. No more Groundhog Day events are to be expected, until our next server migration (which probably won’t occur until at least 2009).

- Our new server is blazing fast when compared to our old clunker that was overloaded. No errors have been reported thus far and everything appears to be working as they should. Enjoy!

Neo-Geo.com new server specs:
DELL PowerEdge Server
MOTHERBOARD PowerEdge 1950
CPU Dual-Core Xeon 5130 Woodcrest Processor
MEMORY 4096 MB ECC Memory
STORAGE 160 GB SATA
STORAGE 160 GB SATA
STORAGE SATA RAID 1

NeoStore.com server specs:
CHASSIS 2U Chassis
STORAGE 36 GB Enhanced SCSI
STORAGE 36 GB Enhanced SCSI
STORAGE 36 GB Enhanced SCSI
STORAGE Enhanced SCSI RAID 5 Storage
MEMORY 4096 MB ECC Memory
CPU Dual Xeon 3.0 GHz
Shawn,

I got a question for you about the upgrade...

Why?

Is the Neo Store still doing brisk biz? I just wonder since the actual Neo is dead and most of this board consists of people who don't really know or care about SNK or the system that put them on the map. I figured this place's days were numbered, I guess I was wrong. I'm not ungrateful by any means, just a little puzzled.

Rock on, N-G.com. Rock on.
 

Shawn

, Grandmaster Elf , Overlord (GEO), , snkusa.com
Loopz said:
Shawn,

I got a question for you about the upgrade...

Why?

Is the Neo Store still doing brisk biz? I just wonder since the actual Neo is dead and most of this board consists of people who don't really know or care about SNK or the system that put them on the map. I figured this place's days were numbered, I guess I was wrong. I'm not ungrateful by any means, just a little puzzled.

Rock on, N-G.com. Rock on.
The NeoStore’s server is already 2.5 years old. It was only NG.com that just migrated to a new server. It’s true that there are no new releases to look forward to and sales will probably never be as active as they once were. Yet NG.com is not about the NeoStore. Remember, NG.com came first with no plans of an actual store. The NeoStore evolved out of my personal trading page.

Regardless, the sites have been built, the NeoStore is decently stocked, and the forums remain active. The memories of SNK and the NeoGeo will always be around, as will the hardware & games, so I see no reason why this site shouldn’t remain as well. I can honestly say that the thought of closing NG.com has never been a consideration of mine.

P.S.: Besides, NG.com wouldn’t need to be shut down, there are others who would gladly step in and take over the reigns. If anything, I need to create a will to bequeath NG.com to the appropriate admin(s)/mod(s) so that this site will live on, as it should.

P.P.S.: Most people originally came here because of the NeoGeo, but if some wish to remain to discuss other topics then I think that's great too. Bring it on!
 

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Shawn said:
The NeoStore’s server is already 2.5 years old. It was only NG.com that just migrated to a new server. It’s true that there are no new releases to look forward to and sales will probably never be as active as they once were. Yet NG.com is not about the NeoStore. Remember, NG.com came first with no plans of an actual store. The NeoStore evolved out of my personal trading page.

Regardless, the sites have been built, the NeoStore is decently stocked, and the forums remain active. The memories of SNK and the NeoGeo will always be around, as will the hardware & games, so I see no reason why this site shouldn’t remain as well. I can honestly say that the thought of closing NG.com has never been a consideration of mine.

P.S.: Besides, NG.com wouldn’t need to be shut down, there are others who would gladly step in and take over the reigns. If anything, I need to create a will to bequeath NG.com to the appropriate admin(s)/mod(s) so that this site will live on, as it should.

P.P.S.: Most people originally came here because of the NeoGeo, but if some wish to remain to discuss other topics then I think that's great too. Bring it on!

Good enough for me. :mr_t:
 

max 330 mega

MAX POWA SURGE!,
Shawn said:
The NeoStore’s server is already 2.5 years old. It was only NG.com that just migrated to a new server. It’s true that there are no new releases to look forward to and sales will probably never be as active as they once were. Yet NG.com is not about the NeoStore. Remember, NG.com came first with no plans of an actual store. The NeoStore evolved out of my personal trading page.

Regardless, the sites have been built, the NeoStore is decently stocked, and the forums remain active. The memories of SNK and the NeoGeo will always be around, as will the hardware & games, so I see no reason why this site shouldn’t remain as well. I can honestly say that the thought of closing NG.com has never been a consideration of mine.

P.S.: Besides, NG.com wouldn’t need to be shut down, there are others who would gladly step in and take over the reigns. If anything, I need to create a will to bequeath NG.com to the appropriate admin(s)/mod(s) so that this site will live on, as it should.

P.P.S.: Most people originally came here because of the NeoGeo, but if some wish to remain to discuss other topics then I think that's great too. Bring it on!
hearing you say that just made my night. even though i dont post here all that much, it doesnt mean that i dont come here every single day waiting to read whats been posted and see who is whoring who in the war room. thanks for keeping the neo alive for those of us that still have a passion for the neo geo, just like others had back when the neo was still alive. ive grown very attached to this site, and without it i couldnt imagine being near as into the neo as i am. the stories and the community mean alot. thanks man. *feels gay after posting this :oh_no: *
 
Top