Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Metal Slug 2 full MVS kit.. 15 minutes to go and still only at 31 pounds.. this should be interesting.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281087957015?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edit: just noticed the serials are mismatching.. are matching serials really that big of a thing?

ENDED: 56.12 (GBP) ..really?

Judging by your post you seem a little surprised how much the kit went for? And yes I think mismatching serial numbers mean a lot to a collector.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Judging by your post you seem a little surprised how much the kit went for? And yes I think mismatching serial numbers mean a lot to a collector.

Yes a bit surprised.. but I'm only going by the price guide :p that suggests 155-270 usd for the complete kit.. so quite a difference there!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Without matching serials it's not really a kit for a collector.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Without matching serials it's not really a kit for a collector.

Well that sums it up then. I'm just trying to get my head around prices as a new MVS collector. I guess it does make all the difference when a game comes in it's own unique box.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Yes a bit surprised.. but I'm only going by the price guide :p that suggests 155-270 usd for the complete kit.. so quite a difference there!

I would say it want for that price for the very reason that the kit did not have matching serial numbers, still not a bad price at the end of the day.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well that sums it up then. I'm just trying to get my head around prices as a new MVS collector. I guess it does make all the difference when a game comes in it's own unique box.

When the serials don't match you are basically buying a loose cart, $20 box and artwork($10-30) so for the price it ended at, it was about right.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I hope that seller put the decimal point in the wrong place on that auction. Otherwise, maybe they're fishing for someone to not read too close and just click buy it now.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Does ebay even allow that kind of listing? Putting one price in the buy-it-now, then specifying a different price in the description.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Does ebay even allow that kind of listing? Putting one price in the buy-it-now, then specifying a different price in the description.

....That never occurred to me! I doubt it'd go through, even if he was held to it by Ebay.

Also, I keep going over the list of games he's indicated, and I keep reading this part of the details;

" I have already been offered £4,000 for one game on this list and £3,000 for a few other"

..... and I'm at more of a loss than usual looking at ebay cart prices. What could possibly be worth that much out of this selection?

Last edited:

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
It's a very suspicious collection across the board, lots of conversions in it, so is TSS a conversion or real? Metal Slug? Ultimate 11?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
I'm gonna go with "no". The seller is clearly trying to avoid paying the costs his 14,000 GBP sale would rack up. Regardless of the asinine fees they charge, it's a direct policy violation.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
By "rare", the seller probably meant bootleg or conversion.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Also, I keep going over the list of games he's indicated, and I keep reading this part of the details;

" I have already been offered £4,000 for one game on this list and £3,000 for a few other"

..... and I'm at more of a loss than usual looking at ebay cart prices. What could possibly be worth that much out of this selection?

Quiz Chibi & Big Tournament Golf at a guess.