MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
UPS took a slight detour on its way to me, but here we are!

hTyBIsl.jpg

The NeoSD team absolutely deserve the praise. It's easily exceeded my expectations. The first time setup was super smooth and faster than I thought it would be, having made zero prep before I went over to pick up neobuilder. Fantastic job, guys! Looking forward to trying out more of the library.

Offreenday

Not so MEGA, eh?

hTyBIsl.jpg

The NeoSD team absolutely deserve the praise. It's easily exceeded my expectations. The first time setup was super smooth and faster than I thought it would be, having made zero prep before I went over to pick up neobuilder. Fantastic job, guys! Looking forward to trying out more of the library.

Nice pics, i already bought a kingston microSD and installed all .neo roms , just waiting for my confirmation shipping email from neosdstore (order the 14th february), i'm so excited to test it :multi_co:

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Coincidentally I saw this video this weekend, it is really nice they made a NEOSD, it is cheaper than many games. I have for the Sega Genesis, SNES, BGC, 3DS and N64. This is really cool.

FikNaldo

n00b
Just got shipping notification! :) I think my heart is about to stop! I'm so very pant-wettingly excited!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Received my MVS version of the NEOSD a week ago but was away on business. Got back yesterday and bought an SD card and loaded the roms, TIME TO TEST THIS THING OUT!! Thanks NEOSD, you guys have been great and the shipping was very quick to Australia. Perfect!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

hTyBIsl.jpg

That label looks great. Is that the one that comes with the NeoSd or is it custom?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Set up my 1FS today and figured out the right way to insert the cartridge, great time to be alive.

It seems odd to me to have the label facing upwards, on a 1C that would mean the label faces away from you but it doesn't according to Yodd's pictures. Are the horizontal cartridge slots different? seems strange or the wine is having an effect here....

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Set up my 1FS today and figured out the right way to insert the cartridge, great time to be alive.

It seems odd to me to have the label facing upwards, on a 1C that would mean the label faces away from you but it doesn't according to Yodd's pictures. Are the horizontal cartridge slots different? seems strange or the wine is having an effect here....

On the neosd mvs , the insertion arrow is on the opposite side of the sticker on the shell .

neosd

Neosd Developer
On the neosd mvs , the insertion arrow is on the opposite side of the sticker on the shell .

Hello,

SNK never planed to have front or back for MVS, so yes, 1slot boards have the sticker looking to the back of the board (asuming the front is the jamma connector, cause you can move the board so the jamma connector is on the back ....)

Thanks

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

I never realised this. Not that I have an Omega, but this would really bother me if I did. I would imagine it will also be an issue for anyone with a CMVS that has a vertical slot. It seems a pity not to be able to use the nice case and sticker and resort back to a standard shell.

Could someone post a picture of the NeoSD in either an omega or a CMVS MV-1C?

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
The orientation is the opposite of every other MVS cart.
So anyone with an Omega, Analog, JNX or similar will have to make use of a mirror to see the label :crying:

At least it'll give Darksoft something to giggle about.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I never realised this. Not that I have an Omega, but this would really bother me if I did. I would imagine it will also be an issue for anyone with a CMVS that has a vertical slot. It seems a pity not to be able to use the nice case and sticker and resort back to a standard shell.

Could someone post a picture of the NeoSD in either an omega or a CMVS MV-1C?

Hello,

An issue would be to have the sticker looking back on 1 slot horizontal boards, there are much more than vertical 1 slots.
Omega is not a licensed product and is a limited product, not that we took this decision cause that, but there wasn´t another way, the shell is already MVS and AES.

Thanks

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hello,

An issue would be to have the sticker looking back on 1 slot horizontal boards, there are much more than vertical 1 slots.
Omega is not a licensed product and is a limited product, not that we took this decision cause that, but there wasn´t another way, the shell is already MVS and AES.

Thanks
I don't mean to be negative but..

I'm not sure I see the sense in that to be honest other than to save $$ on the tooling, and not having to have two completely different shells.
A normal MVS label would be readable and the correct orientation when placed into a vertical slot board or a horizontal slot. So I can't understand why you decided to reverse it for the NeoSD MVS shells. Especially when you went to so much effort designing a nice label.
There are a lot of cmvs, omega, jnx, neotropolis owners which this will affect. It would also be the same for a horizontal board user as the label would be facing down. It wouldn't bother me in my MVS cabinet of course bit I can see how it would be in issue for anyone with a 1 slot.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
It would also be the same for a horizontal board user as the label would be facing down. It wouldn't bother me in my Mvs cabinet of course bit I can see how it would be in issue for anyone with a 1 slot.

with horizontal single slot the label would face up, so I guess neosd logic is that the label orientation makes sense for the majority of the boards out there. (Personally I'm not a big fan of AES-like shells in an MVS context anyway)

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
with horizontal single slot the label would face up, so I guess neosd logic is that the label orientation makes sense for the majority of the boards out there. (Personally I'm not a big fan of AES-like shells in an MVS context anyway)

Hi Massimiliano,

I agree with the AES style shell in an MVS so I'm with you on that. but how terrible would an aes style cart look in any vertical slot board with its back to you?. I'd rather have a normal MVS cart and label, at least the lettering is facing the correct way and readable. One man's meat is another man's poison I guess, but personally I think this may have been a mistake.
The NeoSD is a great product of course so I'm not for one second trying to take anything away from that. I just know how important the aesthetics are to people.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
I don't mean to be negative but..

I'm not sure I see the sense in that to be honest other than to save $$ on the tooling, and not having to have two completely different shells.
A normal MVS label would be readable and the correct orientation when placed into a vertical slot board or a horizontal slot. So I can't understand why you decided to reverse it for the NeoSD MVS shells. Especially when you went to so much effort designing a nice label.
There are a lot of cmvs, omega, jnx, neotropolis owners which this will affect. It would also be the same for a horizontal board user as the label would be facing down. It wouldn't bother me in my MVS cabinet of course bit I can see how it would be in issue for anyone with a 1 slot.

This would rise the project costs in 10.000 euros.

You would need to sell 1.000 shells at 10 euros each, or 100 shells at 100 euros each.
Do we have 100 Omega customers ?
Would those customers pay 100 euros extra for the shell ?

Do your maths and take your conclusions, but hey, its easy to speak when its not your investment .

Thanks

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd just like to say that I am not bothered by it but I thought it was worth a mention. :keke: Some sure are concerned!

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

You would need to sell 1.000 shells at 10 euros each, or 100 shells at 100 euros each.

Do your maths and take your conclusions, but hey, its easy to speak when its not your investment .

Thanks
Hey I get your point completely regarding costs NeoSD, but the idea of these forums is that we discuss these things openly. It will bother some users and others won't care.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder

Thanks

It's not just the Omega, the majority of consolized units that are made today use the 1C board.
Nobody is trying to disparage your work, dude.
The NEOSD is a phenomenal achievement.
This has just taken people by surprise I think.

I wonder if the shells can be user modified to face the other way?

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It's not just the Omega, the majority of consolized units that are made today use the 1C board.
Nobody is trying to disparage your work, dude.
The NEOSD is a phenomenal achievement.
This has just taken people by surprise I think.

I wonder if the shells can be user modified to face the other way?
Which was exactly my point. Almost all cmvs users will have this issue.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hey I get your point completely regarding costs NeoSD, but the idea of these forums is that we discuss these things openly. It will bother some users and others won't care.

Yes,

And i am explaining open WHY, thats much more than others would do.

I understand that people loves to criticize, most of the times without a clue about what they are talking about.

Let me tell you that with other words : blame SNK for not ever consider they would do carts with front labels so they didn´t care to swap the logical order betwen horizontal and vertiral MVS boards. Or blame OMEGA manufactured to not produce a connector that would swap the direction on the connector so carts with front labels would be pointed on the same direction as horizontal MVS boards do.

Critics will allways criticize, customers deserve an explanation about WHY. We care about customers.

Thanks