Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member

Game is released today.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
"90s arcade vibe" ?

Fucking stupid. Fuck off. It blows my mind how much effort goes into this garbage animation. You know what would be really "90s"? If it was sprite work instead of this stupid ass high-def mobile-game-looking garbage.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I might check it out if someone with good taste gives it a positive review, but the trailer does nothing for me.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Love the stupid vertical scanlines on the website. Lmao. So awful. And how about those Developer Diary entries that no one gives a fuck about.

@GregN maybe you should check this out and play it when you aren't jamming on your killer Arcade1Up setup

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Picked this up due to it being discounted on the Xbox store, I had previously dismissed it due to the art style being not my taste. It's surprisingly solid. The heavy-handed comic book atmosphere isn't my thing at all but the actual fight mechanics and minute-by-minute gameplay are very well done.

It plays like SoR4 but with a toned-down combo mechanic and the ability for all characters to run/hop. The melee weapons and guns are handled in a way where I actually wanted to use them. Crowd clearing specials have their own meter (rather than costing life). It also has a block button (ugh) but it's implemented in a way that can be a viable strategy and not just a waste.

It's worth checking out, although maybe not at full price depending on how much you like the genre. It's not as good as SoR4 or Shredder's Revenge, but far better than Final Vendetta or The Takeover.