Manga! Read any?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
My less idiosyncratic list of favorites :
Chobits
Magic Knight Rayearth
Card Captor Sakura
Have all those (of course I have CCS! DUH! :loco: )

Have many of CLAMP's works as well as Rurouni Kenshin and Bleach (ongoing).

Neogeofan12

Banned
When I was reading manga I was reading:

2001 Nights (I should seriously finish reading it, good stuff).
JoJo Bizarre Adventures
Baoh
Gunsmith Cats (I should read the new series)

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I'm not a huge manga fan (that would be the wife), but I've got two series since I liked the animes so much: Escaflowne and Planetes.

I haven't read Planetes yeat :emb: but Escaflowne is great since it's such a different take on the Escaflowne story.

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
the only ones i've ever bothered reading:

Appleseed
Battle Angel Alita (almost the entire series up to the original ending...not the revised one that lead to a new book callled Last Order)
Blade the Immortal (i read a rumor that it's nearing it's end...saw the first episode of the anime series of it, and it's not very good)
and Naruto (entirely from onemanga)

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Have all those (of course I have CCS! DUH! :loco: )

Have many of CLAMP's works as well as Rurouni Kenshin and Bleach (ongoing).

I also have Angelic Layer, XXXholic, and Clover. I enjoy them, but not as much as the ones I listed.

And then there's Tsubasa RC, which I cannot get into. It's quite possibly my least favorite CLAMP series so far. Seeing all those different CLAMP characters in the same universe was a nice novelty, but it wore off quickly.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I thought this thread said Magna.

No Magna=thoroughly disappointed.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Ever read any Kazuo Umezu?

I know the work but never read any.

Author doesn't seem to be too torrent friendly...

Have to wait until I'm employed before I pick up some of the work (seems to be readily available in tangible form.)

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I keep up with a handful myself:

Bleach
Keroro Gunsou
Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run
Detroit Metal City

And I JUST started Kuroshitsuji.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Ever read any Kazuo Umezu? He's considered to be the originator of Japanese horror manga. His art is a little rough around the edges, but he's the master of the twist ending.

The last page of one of his stories is usually a real mind-bender. Moreso than Ito's (although I still love Ito).

Ito's the much better artist, but Umezu's the better writer IMHO.

I like both, but Ito definitely has the wider appeal, very intellectual, whereas Umezu sometimes just go for pure gross-out.

Just finished Trigun Maximum, been an awesome rollercoaster ride over the years. Currently reading Full Metal Alchemist, probably the only manga in the North American market that handles the subject of warfare and its dehumanizing consequences with the microscopic examination it deserves.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Sanctuary
Strain
Lady Snowblood
Crying Freeman
Lone Wolf & Cub
Lupin

Keep it old school

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I've never actually read Golgo, played the games though.

shrug.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
yeah, shit, me too

but I loved The Professional back in middle school. got obsessed with Duke Togo for a while.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Has anyone read...Trinity Blood? The manga went in a different direction than the anime and it's more interesting.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Where should I start if I wanted to read some of Kazuo Umezu's work?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I guess I first got into manga when I was in Japan back in 2000. I was browsing a shelf mindlessly, and one series happened to have very striking art, so I bought a few, although I was pretty embarrassed to bring some books to the counter with a name like "Love Hina". Imagine my surprise to see that Ken Akamatsu's stuff became popular overseas a few years later.

I usually gravitate towards series that have very clean, nice art styles. Even if they have great stories, I can't take stuff that have really sketchy, crude looks.

Battle Royale is probably the best overall series I've read. Each time a new volume would come out, I couldn't put it down all the way to the end. Although it is a little silly to think that these are supposed to be 9th graders doing these things...

Gunsmith Cats is good too.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
Currently the only one I am reading is Hidamari Sketch. Funny slice of life comedy about art students.

I have fully collected:

Hana-Kimi
Chobits

and a many others where I have grabbed a few volumes

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Where should I start if I wanted to read some of Kazuo Umezu's work?

I'd go for some of his short-story anthologies first - the only book of his I own right now is "Negai", and it's pretty damn good.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Naruto and Bleach

Shippuden is becoming more and more awesome with every passing week. It's terrific that Viz uploads the translated anime over at naruto.com the day after it airs over in Japan; I catch it every thursday.

The manga is back into storytelling mode after the epic Pain Invades Konoha arc (it was almost eights months long, chapter 419-449, oi!), and as per the usual Kishimoto is throwing us readers more curveballs than answers; it's all very exciting.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Rarely read it, but if I do I just read Golgo 13.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Has anyone read...Trinity Blood? The manga went in a different direction than the anime and it's more interesting.
I have the first 8 books and it's much better than the anime...though that's not saying much.

Also have the s-CRY-ed manga series and it's defintely different than the anime...in a good way ;)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My small collection (I'm still moving in, and looking for a box that has more in it.. so not everything is shown):

IMG_0499.jpg