Manga! Read any?

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Manga is pretty good stuff, I like to read manga from an anime I've seen, since they tend to go further into the story or in a different direction.

I've been reading Gantz, Bleach, Naruto, Skip Beat, Vampire Knight....and many others lol.

So who reads manga and which series?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
uzumaki and battle royale

actually just battle royale and naruto.

i read the latest naruto chapters on youtube.

naruto is cool guys

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Oh...I read Uzumaki, it was one of the first complete mangas I read. I read the whole thing in one go lol. Battle Royal is the one with the students takeng to an island to kill each other because of some show, right?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Been reading a ton thanks to Onemanga and Mangafox.

Liar Game has been my personal favorite.

Very interesting and intense psychological mind-games.

Series ended up surprising the hell out of me.

Fairy Tale, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi and Alive - The Final Evolution are the other three regulars along with Bleach, One Piece and Naruto (I'm forcing myself to care about Naruto at this point) that I read on a normal basis.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Been reading a ton thanks to Onemanga and Mangafox.

Liar Game has been my personal favorite.

Very interesting and intense psychological mind-games.

Series ended up surprising the hell out of me.

Fairy Tale, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi and Alive - The Final Evolution are the other three regulars along with Bleach, One Piece and Naruto (I'm forcing myself to care about Naruto at this point) that I read on a normal basis.

lol yeah, it's all onemanga and mangafoxs' fault! Mangahut has lots of stuff too, it's the only place where I could find Gantz and Hellsing, and stuff like that.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Yeah, OneManga, woot!

Berserk. That's my main series. I was reading Naruto but now I just watch it on Hulu. That's about it.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Right now i'm reading the following:

Gintama (I need to get back to it, haven't read it in almost a year. I stopped at 5)
School Rumble
Unbalance x2 (Korean manga)
Yokaiden

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
I've heard that Beserks pretty good! I stopped watching Naruto and Bleach because of all the fillers, since then I just stick to the manga, since there's a new chapter every week or so.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i can't believe berserk's still going on, what is it, like one chapter a month now

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, lots of mangas get a chapter a month, at least I noticed that in shoujo manga. Shounen manga is every week. Seinen...I dunno about seinen.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Brocken Blood, Oto x Maho, Boku x Kano, Shoujo Shounen, Yubisaki Milk Tea, Prunus Girl, and of course various hentai manga.

Last edited:

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Hmmmmm, I think Mangahut has hentai manga lol. That site seems to have all the adult stuff, maybe anything that's too violent or graphic goes there instead of onemanga and mangafox. XD

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Other series I enjoy/have enjoyed:

The Higurashi series
Manhole (don't mind the gay innuendo name)
Parasyte
Akumetsu
Baki (personal favorite)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Steel Ball Run... impatiently waiting)
D.Gray-Man
Riki-Oh (bit too Fist of the North Star at times but fun)

Don't want to forget Junji Ito.

That man is the single best thing to happen to any medium of Horror since Lovecraft.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Other series I enjoy/have enjoyed:

The Higurashi series
Manhole (don't mind the gay innuendo name)
Parasyte
Akumetsu
Baki (personal favorite)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Steel Ball Run... impatiently waiting)
D.Gray-Man
Riki-Oh (bit too Fist of the North Star at times but fun)

Don't want to forget Junji Ito.

That man is the single best thing to happen to any medium of Horror since Lovecraft.

Is Parasyte the one where this guy has his hand possessed/infected by an alien and can take lots of forms?

Other series I like....

Bakuman (kind of shows you what mangakas go through)
The One (shoujo...don't think anyones gonna be interested here XD)
7 Seeds
Hatenkou Yuugi

There were others but some of them got dropped :confused:

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Yeah, Baki. Definitely a classic series. I recommend the manga or anime if you like fighting games or fighting in general.

Has anybody read or heard of Horobi or Grey?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
My less idiosyncratic list of favorites :

BLAME!
Berserk
Souten no Ken
Guyver
Chobits
Magic Knight Rayearth
Card Captor Sakura
Rozen Maiden
Kashi Mashi

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Hmmmm, Onemanga had a bunch of series removed once, but you can find most of them at mangafox or even mangahut.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Is Parasyte the one where this guy has his hand possessed/infected by an alien and can take lots of forms?

Yes.

It's predictable and ends a bit too early but it's an enjoyable series.

Another vote for Junji Ito. Here's one of my favorite stories of his:

http://pics.livejournal.com/kc_anathema/gallery/00069fq1

This was my first venture into his work.

Still makes me feel uneasy.

I love Ito because he takes some of the silliest shit imaginable and somehow manages to twist it into something horrible enough to give you chills--guy has some serious talent for the macabre.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i've read some of shintaro kago's stories and really enjoyed those, if that counts.

also ok tsuka I will probably not do that I will probably just got to my barnes and noble and sit in the aisle and read the manga there with the rest of the nerds ok

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I love Ito because he takes some of the silliest shit imaginable and somehow manages to twist it into someone horrible enough to give you chills.

Ever read any Kazuo Umezu? He's considered to be the originator of Japanese horror manga. His art is a little rough around the edges, but he's the master of the twist ending.

The last page of one of his stories is usually a real mind-bender. Moreso than Ito's (although I still love Ito).

Ito's the much better artist, but Umezu's the better writer IMHO.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
also ok tsuka I will probably not do that I will probably just got to my barnes and noble and sit in the aisle and read the manga there with the rest of the nerds ok

FINE.

BUT DO IT QUICKLY, DO IT NOW!

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
well, one that was psychological and kind of messed up was Deadman, it made you think about humanity and stuff. I read what there was of it on mangafox but the series didn't get updated anymore.