KOF XII Retail Copy acquired before street date? Well yes....according to this guy.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
Some guy on our forums is trying pass that his Gamestop broke street date on KOF XII and that he got his copy a week before everyone else...

Molotov said:
I just got my copy-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The game looks way way way better in my HD TV...like 100% better than what it look back at the arcade Planet Zero-!

The manager at the game stop by my house was able to get the pre-oder copies and since he is my friend from High Schoo, he hook me up-!

Now his claim sort of held water...until he said this:

Molotov said:
I got my copy yerterday at around 4 Pm. My friend (manager at gamestop) had told me before that it was possible to get some copies of KOF XII by the date it was first programed to be released (july 7 - July 20th).,,,so that's what happend. He got the copies since friday but he wasn't able to contact me cuz of my busy weekend.

Now let me tell you. K is on it too. I did not know that. Did ya' knew about this?

Um...what?

Now he does sort of have a language barrier so I was assuming that he might have mistaken K' for someone else...I was hoping that was the case at least....until he reiterated it with an even more convincing tone...

Molotov said:
OK guys I am sorry for not posting any pictures. I have been working all day until now I just got off and now I am peacefully at home.

OK, I for no reason would buy KOF XII for the 360, I got mine for the PS3, which is the only console for which the game was avialable at the store. (they did not get any for the 360 and only 3 copies for hte PS3 arrived) One of my friends got one of the other two copies remaining.

Now K' is on the game but I do not know how to unlock him. During the middle of the game K would appear and challenge you. I beat him and finish the game, however I though that would be enough to unlock him, but still hi is not avialable at the character screen. I have not been following the news ya' have been talking about in the forums. I imagined one of ya' would know how to unlock him. It was a surprice for me to see K' since I had no clue he was in the game. Whenever I played the arcade at Planet Zero he was not there. So is K a surpirce for most of ya?

I am going to eat something and play some more, BRB with pictures.

And no, I am not lieing, and I am not a Big Fat Lier. I am just a gamer like you-all PEOPLE_!~

BRB with pictures he says! I guess he's pretty damn confident about his claim! And of course, if he has pictures, it would remove all doubt...right?

Right...?

Needless to say, the anticipation was building, everyone was pretty much waiting at the edge of their seats to see these proof pics...it would be damn sweet if K' was indeed in the game; it would make many many fans of that character happy.

About a day later, this is what he posts...the post we've all been waiting for:

Molotov said:
I'm sorry to take too long but I have I life as ya may know. However It took me too long to figure out how to set up my PS3 with my PC so I could try to snap a video and screenshots. I finaly was able to unllock K' and Mai too. ( got ot recognize mai's bubs look awsome with this HD graphics and HD bobs motion).

I've most of done something to unlock k', the courious thing is that Mai got unlocked at the same time because both of them appered at the end of the credits after beating the last boss. I was playing with Ralph, Kyo, and Andy when I finished the arcade mode. I was using the software "honestech VHS to DVD 4.0 Deluxe".

The videos are captured in very large size of memory and you tube does not hold the size of my videos. I was able to snap a shot at the part of the credits when k and mai show up.

...that picture above....was his proof pic.

The reactions to this are of course, nothing short of amazing.

Link to thread: http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29965&page=262

The hilarity starts at post 3921...

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
So not only K' and Mai, but also a boss :tickled:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So have the extra characters been announced though?
*EDIT - nvm - this is all were getting extra.
image72.png

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
SNK-capcom forums are terrible.
definitely makes me try not to take these forums for granted.

Marek

Banned
( got ot recognize mai's bubs look awsome with this HD graphics and HD bobs motion).

hahahaha if I didn't know any better I would assume this is leslie making jokes.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I actually just got a call from gamestop saying that KOFXII will be in tomorrow... Isn't the release date 7/28?? Here's hoping it's not a lie.

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
I actually just got a call from gamestop saying that KOFXII will be in tomorrow... Isn't the release date 7/28?? Here's hoping it's not a lie.

Gamestop.com as of this morning listed the ship date as 7/23/09. Usually, they'll change this to "Now Shipping". They didn't. It now reads "Pre-order ships 7/27/2009" :(