[It's back!] "I can't edit my post!" -- UPDATE: see post 109

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I like dash k. hes actually a pretty cool guy.

You don't tell anybody what you think. You act hard cause you're using the internet.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I like dash k. hes actually a pretty cool guy.

You don't tell anybody what you think. You act hard cause you're using the internet.

There's nothing hard in what I am saying. You're a whiner. You champion causes that are ridiculous. I still love you as a gamer. If you fear the need to edit, be more diligent in posting. It's not like you're error prone.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
So what I did above is the problem they're addressing. I just said some random bullshit that would start a shitstorm with you, lets say enough of one to get the staff's attention. Because of the table not being setup and the option not enabled, they can't see what the fuck I said.

This causes an issue right now if someone gets super scammed. Shit gets deleted and no one has a fucking clue what is actually going on and who's telling the truth. Do you see why it's been removed now?

I agree with Charles, you're an awesome gamer but goddamn you're being a drama queen right now.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
ironic to say all of that with a double post, haha

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
FUCK

I was editing the post, and forgot the rule, i clicked cancel, assuming it'd take me back to the text I wrote. Instead, it got rid of all of it.

vBulletin Message

1. The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 5 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.

scammers run the show, now we get this crap all the time.
Its hard to get used to this change, because i'm so used to how conveinant it was.

I hate how its just spoiled because a few fuckers wanna steal. There's no base more gullible to this shit then ng either.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I'll throw in and say that I agree with LWK, and I hope the boards get updated properly soon.

aria

Former Moderator
Dumb question, do you have Post Edit History turned on in the vboptions? It's under Message Posting and Editing Options and is a default for 4.1.3. :snack:

You also need a postedithistory table in the db

Yes, Post Edit History is turned on.

We also have a separate option, under table menu Threads & Posts, titled "Prune Post Edit History Manager" which is set to no limits (so no post histories, if they were there, are being deleted).

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Hm, that's odd. Should work then. Only thing I can think of is that the table itself needs to be added. Can you get Shawn to check that?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
wow, thats so witty. is that one of those one liners you use for your cheap dates?

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I'm not saying that it doesn't suck, but at the same time you're having a hilarious meltdown over something so trivial. If you plan on making a TL;DR thread, type the fuck up in word pad then read over it and fix anything before you actually post it.

So how many veins are popping from your forehead right now LWK?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
But seriously, Dave, you win. You're right. We're wrong. For years people complain about how we don't do things to help stop scammers. When we do, the once king of spammers sheds tears or olive oil. The tears run thick with discontent.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Why do you keep bringing the greek shit into everything? Seriously.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why do you keep bringing the greek shit into everything? Seriously.

Why do you bring up the cheap dates? Why do you keep whining about trivial things that mean nothing to you?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm not saying that it doesn't suck, but at the same time you're having a hilarious meltdown over something so trivial. If you plan on making a TL;DR thread, type the fuck up in word pad then read over it and fix anything before you actually post it.

So how many veins are popping from your forehead right now LWK?

All my points are totally valid. The fact you advocate going to all that stupid work for a ng.com reply is laughable. Sorry, but that proves my point even further. Its a stupid change that will just increase everyone's workload. You aren't protecting anyone from getting scammed. People will just get scammed in PM. You can't prevent that shit. Just use your brain and reduce risk by only dealing with high feedback sellers. It takes no intellect to see that.

I'm tired of these idiotic members who do zero research, then get scammed by someone with zero feedback. The fact is, to many people are gullible. If it happens with some long time reputed seller, its totally different. That is what made those german scams so f'd up.

Also, this assumption im exploding is a joke also. You don't really get me to understand how I write or even discuss situations. I'm not passive aggressive like most people, if I don't like something I'll speak up. It doesn't mean I hate charlie or bobak or anyone, its just something I disagree with. I've backed many changes, its unfair to lay all this label definition on me for having a view I have the right to have.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Why do you bring up the cheap dates? Why do you keep whining about trivial things that mean nothing to you?

I don't keep whining about anything trivial that means nothing to me. If it meant nothing, I wouldn't be writing about it. You just don't listen, or like to change meanings to look like some 'in charge' type person, when the fact is, you can't handle dissension of any kind without resorting to childish crap like attacking someone's heritage or really straw man level retorts. The fact is, many times for good reason, I disagree with you, and it hurts you emotionally or something, so you jump back at me by attacking me personally.

This change is garbage, but whatever, you can clean up the constant double postings.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
It has nothing to do with ignorance. You're the one who's ignorant for implenting a unnecessarily extreme measure over nonsense.

You're looking down on people to much with that quote. Also, the benefit is CONVEINANCE. There is a clear benefit, thats why there replies on the first page about that exact issue.
The benefit is not having a mess go down with the thread. You now have to check the end of every selling thread as opposed to checking the top post which is frequently edited and pm'ing the seller. More annoying, this makes sellers, who are lazy as shit a lot of the time with posting have to post a lot more. This feature also makes people give up a lot easier, so a seller will sell stuff, and a buyer like me will be excited that x game is for sale, I pm the seller and its been gone.

Scammers have won over all, because our experience has to change because of them. Rather then just do whats right and leave everything alone, and punish those assholes.

You're only thinking about one section of the member base, because you're into faster replies, people like merc, me taiso and etc. with grandfather syndrome get a raw deal with this.

now its like, 'oh deal with it or fuck off'

lwk this forum is now dying because it has ignorant loudmouthed pussy hole simon cowell wanabees acting like keyboard warriors and putting in shitty things like the troll noticeboard and this shitty edit thing to show off their powers. fine ive been here since before day one....i come here maybe a few times evey 2 years . from what i can see the mods and administrators here are beyond weird and sick. what was that yugoslavia forum thing about do any of these retards know there was a genocide in the former yugoslavia back in the 90s and it isnt a trivial thing to joke about. and as some members have pointed out to me cunts like wasabi act like troll mods and lash out at persons for no reason.a kind of fuck u and dont post here if u dont like me saying fuck u attitude. a far cry from 10 years ago when this place started and valued its members. no doubt ill get told to fuck off too. i dont care i wont be around to read it. i stopped posting here or reading here beyond the occasional look at the sales pages a long time ago.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't keep whining about anything trivial that means nothing to me. If it meant nothing, I wouldn't be writing about it. You just don't listen, or like to change meanings to look like some 'in charge' type person, when the fact is, you can't handle dissension of any kind without resorting to childish crap like attacking someone's heritage or really straw man level retorts. The fact is, many times for good reason, I disagree with you, and it hurts you emotionally or something, so you jump back at me by attacking me personally.

This change is garbage, but whatever, you can clean up the constant double postings.

One day you'll look at back at every post you wrote in this thread and laugh at what a whiney child you used to be. I'm done arguing with you, David. It was truly a waste of your time and yet you continued relentlessly. Maybe next time, you will look for a viable solution to your problem, like Seta Souji did, in trying to bring back our ability to maintain edit histories, rather than pointless bickering and finger pointing, smashing your keyboard with long winded ignorant diatribes about how you think things work, with your limited cache of factual data. Bye, David. You and rugal2000 can talk now, about me, or his hitler avatar, or pakistan, whatever.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
... People will just get scammed in PM. You can't prevent that shit...
aren't PM's logged? & if not, how hard could it possibly be to implement?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Why would I look back? Maybe you should look back at how badly you disrespect and attack people personally for just not agreeing with you. Even on a respectable level, you flip. You pulled that same crap with the Uncharted 2 thread, where you actually legitimately did piss me off. That ignorance was disgusting.

You constantly do this like you're crystal clear to be judging anyone. When did you become so damn self important? I'm not some mod claiming my ways are godlike, or telling everyone I'm the best at anything. Why don't you address why you keep bringing my greek heritage into discussions like a total ass? You know how stupid you look to people when you take the issue at hand, dive off into something entirely different and straw man the rest of the discussion?

I stand by my views on this change. Nobody has to agree and can talk as much shit as they want.

Me and rugal? Are you a child? I'm not colluding with people or asking for them to post for me. I stand on my own two feet, so stop acting like a damn teenager and assuming everything.
He posted entirely separate of me totally out of the blue. You talk to him about it.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
And no, there is no clue as to how this forum works. I am aware by now you can't specifically customize features to segregated sections, but why not wait till you can and then implement that? The final authority lies with you dudes, you're the bosses, I'm nothing. If you don't like me, you can ban me or ignore me. Nobody owe's me shit. I just voiced my views.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
hey sorry for being overly critical or difficult, even though this change pissed me off. i'm having some real bad personal shit go down, and I shouldnt be posting until i clear my mind.
my apologies if I came off entitled or hateful. =//