If you could only Pick one Ahhnold Movie, what would it be?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I saw Last Action Hero when I was 6 and I thought it was kinda gay even back then。

Positives:
-Ian McKellan stealing the scene as Death
-Stallone Terminator stand
-Tywin Lannister
-legit creepy af dude wearing the yellow rain suit

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
The terminator is probably one of my top 5 favorite films so thats the one

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Literally the worst Arnold movie by a country mile, and that’s factoring in End Of Days too.

I take it you've never seen Hercules in New York.

This trailer is for the re-release though. The original they had Arnold's voice dubbed over with something more, heroic sounding.

Here is a short trailer from it when it was re-released as just Hercules, but it has the original voice over.

On a side note, I'm proud to have this movie in my laserdisc collection.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Would have to be Terminator or Commando. Predator is also great.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The Running Total Predator Man Recall

On a vacation to Mars, Ben Richards is kidnapped by Damon Killian's son Oliver and forced to compete again with Predators this time.

Last edited:

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
It’s too bad Arnold is in his 70’s now. I would love to get more classic action movies from him but those days are sadly over. Instead of making twins, Junior, or kindergarten cop. We could of had one or two more classic sci fi or action movies in the time he wasted making those sub par comedies.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
I must echo what so many others have said, Predator is the best, with Total Recall a close second. Total Recall's phenomenal with the tri-titty and Kuato but some of the special effects don't hold up like Predator's has. That scene where Arnold's pulling out a tracker boogie is hilarious but looks stupid.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
That scene where Arnold's pulling out a tracker boogie is hilarious but looks stupid.

I trimmed my nose hair for the first time in my life with a trimmer and I immediately thought, "this must have been how they got the idea for taking the thing out through Arnold's nose."

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am going with True Lies because of Arnold, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Bill Paxton.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
"Hey I thought you were gonna kill me last!"

"I LIED"

:lolz:
What's weird is I just showed my wife that scene about 2 weeks ago. That and the "He's dead tired" scene. And I hadn't seen the movie since the '80s. I had no idea that Sully was Jerry Horne from Twin Peaks.

Running Man, I could never get into because the original short story is so good that the movie fell flat for me. Other than watching the Family Feud guy swear and the scene with Arnold on the helicopter saying, "Dose are people dohwn dere!" which always cracks me up for some reason.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What's weird is I just showed my wife that scene about 2 weeks ago. That and the "He's dead tired" scene. And I hadn't seen the movie since the '80s. I had no idea that Sully was Jerry Horne from Twin Peaks.

Running Man, I could never get into because the original short story is so good that the movie fell flat for me. Other than watching the Family Feud guy swear and the scene with Arnold on the helicopter saying, "Dose are people dohwn dere!" which always cracks me up for some reason.

have you ever watched The Warriors?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
have you ever watched The Warriors?

Yeah, that one I know is him. Wah-i-yahhhhhs, come out to playEEaaaay
And he's been weird dudes in a bunch of other little parts. But I guess I didn't know who he was when I first saw Commando, and hadn't watched Commando again post-Twin Peaks, so I didn't remember his face or make the connection even though I remembered the "I let him go" dialogue.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, that one I know is him. Wah-i-yahhhhhs, come out to playEEaaaay
And he's been weird dudes in a bunch of other little parts. But I guess I didn't know who he was when I first saw Commando, and hadn't watched Commando again post-Twin Peaks, so I didn't remember his face or make the connection even though I remembered the "I let him go" dialogue.

I last saw Commando a couple of years ago again just to show my wife, and it's not really worth it. Fun for the 80s, but nostalgia isn't a strong fuel moving forward.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have to agree with Wasabi - I just watched Commando the other day on one of these streaming services and it doesn’t hold up great...not like Terminator, Predator or Total Recall.

I struggled to get through it tbh.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I have to agree with Wasabi - I just watched Commando the other day on one of these streaming services and it doesn’t hold up great...not like Terminator, Predator or Total Recall.

I struggled to get through it tbh.

Do you think it's because of the premise or maybe that steel drum music, but the entire mixture is totally bonkers when you look back. That's actually why I love it so much. This movie totally doesn't work now, but at that time, it fits right in. The fact that you can do drug deals in malls and rip a phone booth is just crazy.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Maybe I just like it because Bennett is a true blue Aussie and takes on zee Arnohld in a game of knifey spooney!

Bennett_2.jpg

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
T2 goes from badass to Paddington Bear.