How many slots is your MVS/what games are in yours?

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey, i am just interested in what size slot your MVS is and what games you have in yours most of the time? why is such and such game in first slot.. etc

i have a MVS 6 slot, got it because no MVS machines have popped up close enough for me to buy and that was the first one so i figured id buy it, was 450.00 - had a monitor fault and a chassis that needed repair but got them working.

the games i have in it are

Slot 1: King of fighters '98 ( i love the starting of this game and the song to it lol, so when i turn it on with no credits inserted i get to see this play first, its sweet :P)

Slot 2: Samurai Shodown 2.... what can i say - gotta love the funny intro (the text isnt said properly lol) oh and its a fantastic fighting game!!!!

Slot 3: Metal Slug 1 - I just love Metal Slug and have to have this game in my MVS all the time! - if i had metal slug 3 i'd probably put that one in though lol

Slot 4: Magical Drop 2 - Gotta have some sort of Puzzle game in the MVS! and because this is my only puzzle game, this one stays in there, its great fun as well! (is puzzle bobble better?)

Slot 5: Magician Lord - Fantastic game, i really like it i guess and its a nice change of pace for an arcade game, although it is essentialy sidescrolling shooting it feels and is different to me compared to metal slug.

Slot 6: World Heroes 2: gotta love the start up of this game as well as the 100 Mega Shock!! Its an o.k fighter, i dont mind it!

Of course this set up will change as i have ordered Garou Mark of the wolves and Cyber Lip - they should be here soon! probably swap out world heroes 2 and samurai shodown 2 when these come and put them in.

Some other games i'd really like are shock troopers, ninja commando, crossed swords, top hunter, windjammers, bang bead and blazing star.. a bit of different genres in a 6 slot gives a nice change of pace!

Whats your set up? why?

Thanks! - i'd love to know what games are in your MVS and why!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
two 4 slots:

1:

-Ironclad
-Blazing Star
-1945 Plus
-Twinkle Star Sprites

2:

-Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
-Neo Turf Masters
-Metal Slug X
-Super Dode Ball

but again, they change all of the time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
two 4 slots:

1:

-Ironclad
-Blazing Star
-1945 Plus
-Twinkle Star Sprites

2:

-Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
-Neo Turf Masters
-Metal Slug X
-Super Dode Ball

but again, they change all of the time.

That setup sounds like a party.

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Haha nice set up! isnt twinkle star sprites a really rare game? ... actually i just looked and its cheap compared to the AES version lol - nice to have a motherboard filled with shmups!

Hey Xian, having a 1 slot, does it become anoying turning the mvs on and off all the time to change the game?

One other question, is it bad to turn off and on a arcade machine every so often (due to changing a game etc) ... i mean these machines were built to be played in a store and be powered on half the day!

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I have a 2 slot and it's usually Neo Turf Masters and w/e I want in the last one. If I'm in the mood for a fighter, shooter, etc, that goes into the other slot. I rarely move the NTM cart, because that game is always on my must play list at any time.

Hard to keep a constant set of games in a cab with anything that isn't either 4 or 6 slot, because what you want to play will change more than you can keep for games in the system.

Fett

Camel Slug
1 slot, 100 games
20090804110706_new.JPG
FTW

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have a 2 slot and it's usually Neo Turf Masters and w/e I want in the last one. If I'm in the mood for a fighter, shooter, etc, that goes into the other slot. I rarely move the NTM cart, because that game is always on my must play list at any time.

Hard to keep a constant set of games in a cab with anything that isn't either 4 or 6 slot, because what you want to play will change more than you can keep for games in the system.

Neo Turf Masters is apparently a really good golf game eh? i might have to buy it some day and check it out, the only sports games i have is football frenzy and street hoops lol

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
NTM is great. DO NOT get Top Players Golf. Top Players never play that game.

kasemase

New Challenger
Consolized 2 slot:
-Ghostlop
-Twinkle Star Sprites

1 Slot via SuperGun
-Samurai Shodown 5 Special

Another 1 Slot:
-Last Solider (Korean Ver of Last Blade)

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
6-slot cab

1 Blazing Star
2 Captain Tomaday
3 Last resort
4 Prehistoric Isle 2
5 Shocktroopers
6 Zupapa

In my 1-slot cmvs
NAM '75

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Puzzle Bobble/BAM is a different style of game than MD2. Not really an apples to apples comparison other than to say they're both puzzlers. Puzzle Bobble is instantly playable by anyone. MD2, not quite as much so. I used to always have it in my 4 slot until I got Bust A Move Again and now that is always in there. As is MS1 or MSX. The other 2 slots I rotate, but Neo Turf Masters has been in there almost since I got it.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
4 slot : nothing not got it working via my supergun yet
4x 1 slot: see above
2xcmvs 2 slot: blew up the power supply on one so nothing in that, the other one is my main one but everything comes out blue on my lcd tv so not alot.
cmvs 1 slot: cant get it working yet.
I have tech issues but no real time to fix them :oh_no:

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Puzzle Bobble/BAM is a different style of game than MD2. Not really an apples to apples comparison other than to say they're both puzzlers. Puzzle Bobble is instantly playable by anyone. MD2, not quite as much so. I used to always have it in my 4 slot until I got Bust A Move Again and now that is always in there. As is MS1 or MSX. The other 2 slots I rotate, but Neo Turf Masters has been in there almost since I got it.

Yeah your right, MD2 i really love though with its fast pace action! Some of my friends cant get the jist of it though, puzzle bobble your right about, anyone can play it, different levels make it playable till a certain part where you must get better and better!

It seems alot of people have Neo Turf Masters kept in their motherboard! interesting! i shall buy it one day and give it a shot!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
4 slots:

Art of Fighting 2

Samurai Shodown 3

Fatal Fury 3

World Heroes Perfect

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I have a 2-slot CMVS and an AES. Some of the games I play the most:

Shock Troopers
Samurai Shodown 1, 2
Aero Fighters 2

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
4 slot in a big red (I never swap these out)
1: Samurai Shodown II
2: The Last Blade 2
3: Garou: Mark of the Wolves
4: The King of Fighters 2003

6 slot in a super neo 29 candy
1: Money Puzzle Exchanger
2: Ninja Master's
3: Metal Slug X
4: Magical Drop III
5: Ghostlop
6: Samurai Shodown V Special

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I switch things up on a weekly basis depending on what I'm playing but some games I haven't switch in months 'cause they get more play time than the others.

4 slot
Neo Turf Masters
Magical Drop 3
Breakers Revenge
Strikers 1945 +

Another 4 slot
Kizuna Encounter
Garou MOTW
KOF 2001
Matrimelee

yet another 4 slot
Balzing Star
Last Resort
Nightmare in the Dark
Zupapa

2 Slot
Nam '75
Twinkle Star Sprites

Another 2 slot
Karnov's Revenge
Fatal Fury Special

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Currently, got a Neo 25 candy cab and a red woodie converted from Jamma. Got a 6-slot in the Neo 25 and a Hyper 64 in the woodie.

6-slot seems to change on a daily basis, but at this point:
KOF 2003 (my favorite KOF)
Zupapa (been playing NitD lately; wanted something similar but not the same)
Sengoku 2 (been meaning to play through it since I got it. finally about to buck the distractions)
Metal Slug 4 (unfortunately. had to see if it was as bad as everyone said, after having played through 1, 2, and X so far this weekend. Let's just say I can't wait for my copy of 3 to get here)
Sam Sho 5 (I like this game quite a bit, too. probably my 2nd favorite Sam Sho title, maybe my fav. If you don't like it, you can eat my short dick.)
Prehistoric Isle 2 (this needs no excuse)

Hyper 64 cab: Samurai Spirits: Warriors Rage
I'd had Fatal Fury Wild Ambition in the Hyper 64 for a while, and that's probably my favorite Hyper game, but I figured it was time to change that up. . .

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
4 slots in mine.

Slot 1: Top Hunter. It's in slot 1 because I like the 100 Mega Shock logo when I turn it on. The only place I ever saw it in the wild was a system in Deer Park, TX right after Fatal Fury 2 came out and it brings back memories. It's also a lot of fun to play. :)

Slot 2: Sengoku 3

Slot 3: Ghostlop

Slot 4: Blazing Star

I usually like to have a fighter in there but there aren't many people around here to play with so I just loaded it up with games that work sell 1p.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Hyper 64 cab: Samurai Spirits: Warriors Rage
I'd had Fatal Fury Wild Ambition in the Hyper 64 for a while, and that's probably my favorite Hyper game, but I figured it was time to change that up. . .

I have a hyper64 dual'd in my neo candy with a mike's arcade board. FFWA is my fav h64 game too. I sold the rest because well, with a 4 slot sitting on top of the hyper mobo, it's too hard to change games, lol....and I'm ok wih that.

As for the guy who's friends can't play MD2, don't give them MPE then, lol.

chazbc24

Cheng's Errand Boy
Baseball stars 2
Last Blade
Magical drop 3
Metal slug 3

yeah im proud.