How long will this amiibo craze last?

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Tried my luck at the amiibo card lottery and bought a pack, my rare was Harriet. Also found Olimar sitting at gamestop and picked him up.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
yet another Nintendo gimmick aimed at fan boys.....sigh.

You're about 6 pages late with this kind of post. Luckily, you're free to spend your money as you see fit, as are we.

On topic, setting up a trade thread or would be a good idea.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Which ones are you guys missing? I still have a few here.

(I'm not looking to trade, I don't really care about Amiibos all that much, just trying to help here)

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

(I'm not looking to trade, I don't really care about Amiibos all that much, just trying to help here)

I'm missing a bunch. I'll compile a list, plus... I saw packs when I was out today. I bought two, but there were tons and tons of packs around as I was doing errands. STOP TEMPTING ME.

Anyway, first pack, all but one card was a dupe. Totally struck out. Even got a second Lottie as my SP card :(

Sad, sad panda. Opened the second pack, and all new cards for me... Including a Tom Nook. Scored on that pack. Totally made up for the first pack, and glad I opened it second.

Anyway, I'll stick a list together but for the SPs I have Isabelle, Tom Nook, DJ KK, Resetti, Sable and 2x Lottie. Luckily I got Sable with my HHD, and not another freaking Lottie. Anyone need a Lottie? ;)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Here's what I've got:

Code:
Number	Name	Qty
1	Isabelle 1
2	Tom Nook 1
3	DJ KK	1
4	Sable	1
6	Resetti	1
17	Lottie	2
19	Fauna	2
20	Curt	1
24	Kyle	1
25	Al	1
35	Deli	2
41	Quillson 1
43	Puck	1
46	Winnie	2
51	Opal	1
52	Poppy	1
53	Limberg	1
54	Deena	1
64	Pudge	1
66	Gruff	1
69	Bella	1
75	Amelia	1
76	Jermiah	1
80	Eugene	1
84	Benjamin 1
87	Bunnie	1
90	Axel	1
91	Muffy	1
94	Cyrano	1
96	Cole	1
99	Molly	2
100	Walker	1

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
My list so far.

# Name Card Type Qty
3 DJ KK Special 1
5 Kapp'n Special 1
7 Joan Special 1
9 Digby Special 2
11 Harriet Special 1
15 Tortimer Special 3
16 Lyle Special 2

17 Lottie Special 1
18 Bob Normal 2
22 Leonardo Normal 1
23 Cheri Normal 2
24 Kyle Normal 1
27 Lopez Normal 1
29 Rasher Normal 2
31 Sheldon Normal 1
35 Deli Normal 1
38 Patty Normal 1
41 Quillson Normal 1
42 Marcie Normal 1
43 Puck Normal 2
45 Octavian Normal 2

48 Sterling Normal 1
49 Bonbon Normal 1
51 Opal Normal 1
53 Limberg Normal 1
54 Deena Normal 2
55 Snake Normal 1
57 Phil Normal 1
59 Nate Normal 1
60 Samson Normal 1
61 Tutu Normal 1
62 T-Bone Normal 2
68 Clyde Normal 2

70 Biff Normal 1
71 Yuka Normal 1
72 Lionel Normal 2
74 Cobb Normal 1
79 Truffles Normal 2
80 Eugene Normal 2

82 Goose Normal 1
86 Chief Normal 1
87 Bunnie Normal 1
88 Clay Normal 1
89 Diana Normal 2
90 Axel Normal 2

91 Muffy Normal 1
94 Cyrano Normal 2
98 Roald Normal 2

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey Ren, what do you think is fair? A couple commons for a SP? I have an extra Fauna, 19, and Molly, 99, I'd swap for your Digby or Tortimer double :D

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Hey Ren, what do you think is fair? A couple commons for a SP? I have an extra Fauna, 19, and Molly, 99, I'd swap for your Digby or Tortimer double :D

If I can get 19, 46, and 99 from you, how about a Tortimer and 2 other commons of your choice from me?

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I wasn't expecting to find any AC cards at all this weekend but some GameStops had them in stock as did an out of the way Wal-Mart that was near the flea market we went to today. I splurged a bit and picked up 9 packs total and surprisingly only ended up with 7 duplicate cards (6 regular and 1 rare). My cousin picked up 8 or so and his cousin who was with us as well went crazy and picked up like 16 or 17 packs. :eek:

Cory, you referring to the cards or the figures? You wouldn't happen to have the Modern 8-Bit Mario handy would you?

Speaking of spares, I have a Sonic and Wario available. I still need Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Robin, Lucina, Lucario, Greninja, Pit, and Dark Pit yet. :emb:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
OK, cool, you've got a lot I don't have :D I'll take:

15 - Tortimer
18 - Bob
72 - Lionel

for my
19 - Fauna
46 - Winnie
99 - Molly

I'll shot you a PM.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Oh god I resisted the temptation of getting into the Animal Crossing cards…lets see how long that lasts...

Oh, but a trading thread for figures would be rad. I made a thread about this in the selling forum, but if anyone wants to trade commons I have a Toad and Toon Link I want to get rid of. Ideally I would like a Smash Bros Luigi but would be open to any other commons I don't have.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Cory, you referring to the cards or the figures?

Wait, they're doing Amiibos cards now? For Christ's sake, as if a freaking hundred of amiibos wasn't enough already :lolz:

I was talking about the figures or course. About Mario, let me see what I can do for you bro.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Got my 3 pack of Game + Watch, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B. today.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Got my 3 pack of Game + Watch, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B. today.

I got that pack on Friday when they came out and very much impressed with the quality. All 3 looked great but ROB really stood out and I loved the addition of the extra poses for Mr. Game & Watch. This Friday during my lunch break I am going to look for Olimar, Classic Mario (either color), and any of the Splatoon ones though I feel that may be futile. Will also probably grab a few packs of the cards as they are cheap and getting to use them in Amiibo Tap will be nice until the Wii U Animal Crossing comes out.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
He Ren, sent you a couple more scatter-brained PMs, before writing a succinct one. I've got a few more dupes for you. Let's smooth out these collections :D

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I went ahead and created a FT thread in Everything Else with my want list/extras list. But maybe we need a dedicated trading thread?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Satiated my hoarding ways by picking up ROB and Mr. Game & Watch today. I think I only have about ten or so to get which would put me at a complete SMB Brawl collection. I'm such a sucker for collecting these things. When there is a break between releases I start telling myself enough is enough and I'm not interested, but then they just pull me back in.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I went ahead and created a FT thread in Everything Else with my want list/extras list. But maybe we need a dedicated trading thread?

I'll take a look and see if you're missing any of the dupes I have. I'm really only after tracking down the SP cards, but... To do that means I'm buying 17 packs to get 17 SPs to trade... and getting 102 cards total, so... At that point, fuck me, might as well trade and complete the set. At least I'm actually playing HHD, so, they're sort of useful. I designed the hell out of K.K.'s house. He has a dope pad in my game, now.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I went to Toys R Us today and they had a restock of some amiibos:
Lucario
Gregninja
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Fox
There may have been others as well, but I don't recall.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Lucario
Gregninja
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Fox

Nice. Good to see Nintendo is finally getting some of the older figures back into stores. I'd probably grab a Captain Falcon if I saw him in the wild.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'll take a look and see if you're missing any of the dupes I have. I'm really only after tracking down the SP cards, but... To do that means I'm buying 17 packs to get 17 SPs to trade... and getting 102 cards total, so... At that point, fuck me, might as well trade and complete the set. At least I'm actually playing HHD, so, they're sort of useful. I designed the hell out of K.K.'s house. He has a dope pad in my game, now.

Nintendo has really made it next to impossible to get a full set without trading. I've bought 29 packs and am still missing 2 dozen cards.

Compare this to Japan, and you could just buy a full box and have the entire set.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Lucario
Gregninja
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Fox

Lucky. The TRU near my parents house and my house didn't get any restocks.