Firearm enthusiast thread

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I haven't shot in a long time...ammo prices have me not wanting to shoot...which is bad.

I REALLY need to take out my AR...I haven't shot it in over a year.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I fear I may be too dumb to understand that sign. Is it a dare? Is it pro or anti-gun?

I edited some other stuff(gunsense and something else that were on there?..) off of it and added the moms demand action(a real anti gun group, which she was protesting for) logo in the corner. so it Was anti gun.

now shes just a member of moms demand action
suggesting you get some. get it?

screen_shot_2014-06-11_at_3.49.06_pm.jpg

their protests are pretty nonsensical though as they are usually just trying to restrict permit to carry holders somehow or another, and ptc havers are probably some of the safest (you have to go to classes after your application is approved by your sheriff or something like that? so even more of a hassle than[legally] buying a gun which is actually not as easy as just strolling through walmart like is suggested )people with guns to have around you(not going to shoot you for something to do or because they are having a bad day at work, but still gain you the chance that they will save you too if they are involved in a way that they Need to save themselves.)

all stuuf varies state to state so don't start that again please.

edit:sorry for rambling_there was just something about the layout or something that screamed fix this for me so it shows my subconscious's message? maybe I'm just getting old:p

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I haven't shot in a long time...ammo prices have me not wanting to shoot...which is bad.

I REALLY need to take out my AR...I haven't shot it in over a year.

I shot my new AR & UZI not too long ago. Not much tho, just enough to make sure they work.
I still need to go & shoot my new Kel-Tec .32 & my CZ82, just finding ammo for either of them locally has been a pain in the ass.
All the 9mm, .223/5.56, .40, & .45 ACP you could want. Even been getting lucky on .22 recently as well. (Two 1400 round buckets & &75 each)
Le Sigh, Still looking around for an outdoor place to shoot that isn't a 2+ hour drive from me.
Shooting rifles indoors kinda sucks.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I don't have the guts to own a real gun.

why? do you believe you are likely to kill yourself presented with the easy way out, have uncontrolled spawn, or think a bad guys going to want to use yours when he comes to visit? I guess being scared of the police station, which you probably need to visit to even buy a rifle where you live is another?

maybe you're scared that you couldn't handle all the that power and would go on a killing spree, just because?:lolz:

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There are some pretty powerful airguns out there.

Lewis and Clark used a sweet air gun to take game on their trek west.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
There are some pretty powerful airguns out there.

Lewis and Clark used a sweet air gun to take game on their trek west.

Sure!
I Still want to know what arch is scared of though.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I've been also looking at a Ruger SR40 that my local shop has, but I'm debating on that or the Sig P226.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
A Troy Arms representative was at the stop yesterday showing what's going to be demonstrated at the local rod and gun club. This is what he brought in:

TSR_4b1.jpg

It was odd to see this with the pump and without a charging handle assembly. It kinda felt alien to me.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
A Troy Arms representative was at the stop yesterday showing what's going to be demonstrated at the local rod and gun club. This is what he brought in:

View attachment 16708

It was odd to see this with the pump and without a charging handle assembly. It kinda felt alien to me.

Hey, guys behind the lines need something while they fight to make their state free again.
If it was cheap, I could almost be interested.
Personally, i'm waiting for this...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Looks like the import of Saiga/Izhmash rifles has been halted by executive order 13662

The order seems to target this particular brand of rifles, but it appears that there's a nationwide run on other AK's as well

Thoughts?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There are still other AK manufacturers but this is unfortunate. I think Kalashnikov is partially state owned by Russia.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
There are still other AK manufacturers but this is unfortunate. I think Kalashnikov is partially state owned by Russia.

Yeah, unfortunately this will likely cause a price spike for a while

I guess people have a tendency to panic buy first and only later take the time to figure out what's actually going on

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
With less options for AK platform rifles I still think it's going to cause a price hike regardless.

Doesn't arsenal out in NV build are their rifles from Saigas?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
With less options for AK platform rifles I still think it's going to cause a price hike regardless.

Doesn't arsenal out in NV build are their rifles from Saigas?

Yeah, there are lots of places that use Saigas as base rifles for conversions

Hopefully other manufacturers will step up and fill the void

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
So after waiting for over 6 months to get a CT pistol permit, I picked up an SCCY CPX-1 9mm. Picked one up since family members that are LE use it as a backup CCW pistol.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've been also looking at a Ruger SR40 that my local shop has, but I'm debating on that or the Sig P226.

I have a Ruger SR40c as my CHL weapon and LOVE it. However, the triggers on Sigs are FAR different than anything else so try it before you buy it.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I have a Ruger SR40c as my CHL weapon and LOVE it. However, the triggers on Sigs are FAR different than anything else so try it before you buy it.

I've fired the P226 and P229 before but I'm primarily used to DAO on semi autos. Have you noticed any issues with any temperamental ammo on your SR40c?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I plan on getting one of these bad boys in August. Which will be about time since I've had my carry permit since November.

Boberg-XR9-S-courtesy-mousegunaddict.blogspot.com_.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
For serious legal challenges SAF is the way to go. If DC is stupid they'll appeal and we'll get a SCOTUS case and then this decision can apply across the entire USA.