Firearm enthusiast thread

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
they can't ship to your house is all. it has to go to a FFL where you do your transfer paperwork and get your federal nics check done http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics . at least in my state...

https://www.impactguns.com/ has alot of models? not sure their prices are the best. I'm pretty new to it but they seem to have lots, find what you want then try to find a better price?

don't do anything weird like putting a stock on a pistol or vertical foregrips on stuff before you know the laws applicable and you should be fine?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Gunbroker, Buds Guns, Atlantic Firearms are all decent places to look at buying firearms online.

If it's legal to purchase a rifle face-to-face (private party transaction) in your state I'd start hitting up some firearm forums. Lots of good deals to be had there.

I'd avoid craigslist, but you might want to check out armslist. Just don't be stupid about where you have your transaction if you do a face to face deal: Do it in a well lit area in public, preferably maybe even in the parking lot of your favorite gun shop so you can buy some ammo afterwards.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

Bottom one is my latest build.
I'll eventually swap out the lower on it as that one is earmarked for a 20" someday, But for now it resides here.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Bottom one is my latest build.
I'll eventually swap out the lower on it as that one is earmarked for a 20" someday, But for now it resides here.

What's with the middle one? Is it a .22? That looks like a M&P 15-22 mag stuck inside there all sneaky-like...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
$1500 is pricey but it's an actual licensed copy of the MP5. Semi-automatic, of course.

It's my understanding that it'll cost you A LOT more to get an older HK94. Don't sub-standard copies of this go for more and then nice copies sell for even more?

If it sells well hopefully the price will drop.

I know a lot of guys who grew up watching 80s flicks and the HK lovers will be all over this.

I'm not a potential buyer on this, but I look forward to seeing pictures of people's SBR builds.

Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member
What's with the middle one? Is it a .22? That looks like a M&P 15-22 mag stuck inside there all sneaky-like...

Yes, dedicated .22.
Barrel, bolt head, & pressure plug came from Taccom.
Stainless CMMG conversion kit.
Redi-mag makes the "better mag adapter" so I can use the M&P 15/22 mags with it. The BMA also reliably activates the standard bolt catch on a normal lower receiver.
Then of course a pile of 15/22 mags to feed the thing.
Added bonus is I can remove the BMA & pressure plug, pop on any standard upper, & shoot it.
Very slick setup.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yes, dedicated .22.
Barrel, bolt head, & pressure plug came from Taccom.
Stainless CMMG conversion kit.
Redi-mag makes the "better mag adapter" so I can use the M&P 15/22 mags with it. The BMA also reliably activates the standard bolt catch on a normal lower receiver.
Then of course a pile of 15/22 mags to feed the thing.
Added bonus is I can remove the BMA & pressure plug, pop on any standard upper, & shoot it.
Very slick setup.

Not a bad setup…

I pussed out and went with the M&P…possibly my favorite firearm of all time before this bullshit .22 MADNEZZZZZ started. I've easily ran 20+K rounds though that thing before all of this "can't find .22" bullshit started...

HellioN

20 Year Member
I came seriously close to buying a 15/22.
Sure would have been a bit cheaper.
I get a bit more versatility out of this setup tho.
The .22 craze is annoying as Hell.
Fortunately I had a pretty healthy stock of it since '08.
Now I just need more time to shoot & a place that's
Outside, most of the ranges around here are indoor
& either stupid expensive or have ridiculous rules.

HellioN

20 Year Member
So much bad ass!!!

Vector, Original owner bought it back in '07.
Hebrew markings on the selector if it means anything.
Came with everything you see plus a nice case for it all.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
you gonna sbr?

HellioN

20 Year Member
Of course the thought crossed my mind but as of right now i'm not sure.
I may just enjoy having it for a while then sell it, have a better idea after I go shoot it Saturday.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I came seriously close to buying a 15/22.
Sure would have been a bit cheaper.
I get a bit more versatility out of this setup tho.
The .22 craze is annoying as Hell.
Fortunately I had a pretty healthy stock of it since '08.
Now I just need more time to shoot & a place that's
Outside, most of the ranges around here are indoor
& either stupid expensive or have ridiculous rules.

The problem is the strange series of events that led to where we are now concerning .22LR. Go back 10-15 years ago and there really wasn't a market for "replica" .22 firearms. the common plinking ammo (9mm, .45 auto, .40 S&W, .223, 7.62x39) was easy to get and common. Why bother with a .22 AR when bulk .223 was so damn cheap?

Com the first Obama election morons freaked out and caused the market to skyrocket...demand for replical .22 firearms became a real thing and the industry listened. Before that time there was always the Marlin/Ruger semi auto rifels and the Buckmark/MK III but a "real" looking .22? Not really. Now we have an ocean of .22 choices from 1911 replicas to realistic looking AR replicas like the M&P 15-22. Around 2009/10 this became the next big thing. 500rds of quality .22 could be found for <$20 so you could blast away all day with something like the M&P 15-22 for $45 rather than $300+ for the same amount of ammo through a real AR.

Then we have that idiot and his school shooting late 2012 and shit hit the fan...

A once ignored round suddenly because a hot commodity. By what I've read...sites allowed insane amounts of backordered ammo in a very short period of time. If I remember correctly, sites like Midway USA got some years worth of backordered 5000rd cases of .22 in week until they put an end to it. These are orders they're still fulfilling to this day. So with a "good stuff" like CCI Blazer bulk or Federal bulk...its literally coming in...and then going out. It never even hits the sites. Good .22 has been listed on Midway as "out of stock, no backorder" for well over a year now...actually, pushing 18 months at least.

Combine that with the morons gouging online and the even bigger morons buying it at 4 times the retail price and I don't see an end in sight.

I think the only thing that will stop this train is places online finally fulfilling their backorders and people simply refusing to pay $45-60 for a $18 500rd brick of .22. Until then...it's not going to stop, period.

HellioN

20 Year Member
I will agree with the majority of that.
Add in the fact that .22 is not considered a money
Maker for the manufacturer so it doesn't get made 24/7 like say 9mm.
Couple that with even running at capacity they can't keep up with demand
And you end up with backorders & empty shelves For years.
It sucks. At least prices on 9mm & 5.56 have come back to normal & its easy to find.
Its almost affordable to shoot.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Vector, Original owner bought it back in '07.
Hebrew markings on the selector if it means anything.
Came with everything you see plus a nice case for it all.

Please SBR.

But if not that's still a pretty wicked cool toy.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I can just imagine pulling that out of my suit and extending the stock like secret service

WVBxB.jpg

Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've definitely looked into that. Truth is, unless you make it so you need tools to remove it, it makes the gun illegal because the overall length is under 26" when its removed.
But the permanently attached folding stock, which makes it just as short, is just fine...

I meant when you SBR it, get the detachable stock. That'll help cut down the weight even more :D

Marek

Banned
Just bought my first gun.

Mossberg m500 no stock pistol grip short barrel

Its a bear gun since imma be in deep bear county all summer