Firearm enthusiast thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
He stated in the video that it is a forced reset trigger. (They are NOT MGs)
Neat stuff for sure.
Everyone gets a gun, can't stop the signal.

I must have missed that, I was certain PSR had MGs on his channel in the past. Pretty damn impressive how fast he’s firing that.

Hard to believe it was only, what, 10 years ago that the liberator was released to the public - and now we have actual viable arms. Can’t stop the signal indeed.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Anyone else here get nervous when you have to decock a loaded revolver.

No, just absolutely practice the hell out of it. It helps that lowering the hammer on an empty chamber is how you load a single action, so I have a bit of practice doing it and have to do it every time I load the damn thing anyway. I could load 6 at the range but I always do 5 and lower the hammer on the empty chamber before I start shooting, just to stay in practice. Maybe one day I’ll be a cowboy and carry my single action…

Definitely was an intimidating proposition at first.

I trust myself a lot more to lower the hammer gently on a revolver than I trust the decocker button on a hammer fired auto, letting that hammer slap down full force and not fire makes my butt clench every time. I find myself letting that hammer down gently too instead of trusting the decocker button

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Whether you are manually lowering a hammer or using a decocking lever you still observe the safe direction rule.
Mechanical things break and mistakes are made.

Thanks dad.

Anyone else here find themselves buying slings for every rifle and never using them? And holsters for every handgun even though they will never ever be worn?

Example: Found out HK had a kydex holster made specifically for the P30L with that ridiculous railed compensator and suppressor height sights. Like im ever going to wear this robocop size combo on my belt in public or even the range. Suckered right in by the larper accessories.

Attachments

• IMG_3413.jpeg
    IMG_3413.jpeg
    935.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Thanks dad.

Anyone else here find themselves buying slings for every rifle and never using them? And holsters for every handgun even though they will never ever be worn?

Example: Found out HK had a kydex holster made specifically for the P30L with that ridiculous railed compensator and suppressor height sights. Like im ever going to wear this robocop size combo on my belt in public or even the range. Suckered right in by the larper accessories.
You're welcome son. :Messes up your hair:
Almost all my rifles have a sling.
It got so bad at one point I started making really basic ones just trying to save some money.
I'm also guilty somewhat of the holsters thing.
I have a box full of them, some barely used.
Digging through them I realized that a good chunk of them were purchased looking for one I liked for CCW.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
You're welcome son. :Messes up your hair:
Almost all my rifles have a sling.
It got so bad at one point I started making really basic ones just trying to save some money.
I'm also guilty somewhat of the holsters thing.
I have a box full of them, some barely used.
Digging through them I realized that a good chunk of them were purchased looking for one I liked for CCW.
Skin that smoke wagon and go to work

https://warhorseconcepts.com/

Guy makes amazing slings super cheap. Site is worth checking a few times a year as options are constantly coming and going. Functional art, dig deep and find some wild designs. Super cool to deal with, he will custom size them free, all are made to order.

Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Cool, more options are good.
If I need a better sling than my $3 special I usually get one from redi-mag.
They have a whole bunch of other options as well.

Early/interesting AK mag collection coming in nicely, just got the aluminum boy in the mail today. Ive got others but these are what I keep stored with my one unmodified old AK, aka grampa mikails loadout.IMG_3415.jpeg

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
49809F15-F120-432A-B57C-E45E287490A4.jpeg
Been looking for a proper pistol test for years, finally found one from Ransom. Before this, I’ve been using crappy plastic rests, they never work well.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What model is that red dot sight?
Ironically, a very basic Primary Arms. Thing takes a beating and continues to hum along.

My eyes are shit at close range, can’t focus on the front sights, so that red dot helps out. It’s good to 100yds or so, haven’t tested it out any farther with that pistol.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Ironically, a very basic Primary Arms. Thing takes a beating and continues to hum along.

My eyes are shit at close range, can’t focus on the front sights, so that red dot helps out. It’s good to 100yds or so, haven’t tested it out any farther with that pistol.
oi, welcome back