Firearm enthusiast thread

I just prefer the AK platform to AR’s personally. Tactical efficiency and customization/flexibility be damed. I just want that bad guy in a hi-lux swagger. They do inspire me to practice with them constantly.

I think more than anything its the M14/M1A that has my loyalty and fandom as far as American rifles. But I shoot AK’s five times as often. So maybe Im just a fan of the under dogs.

I have owned one AR, fired a handful regurlarly, Im sure I’ll get a military clone of this or that at one point, but its the AK I want to be super skilled at.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I just prefer the AK platform to AR’s personally. Tactical efficiency and customization/flexibility be damed. I just want that bad guy in a hi-lux swagger. They do inspire me to practice with them constantly.

I think more than anything its the M14/M1A that has my loyalty and fandom as far as American rifles. But I shoot AK’s five times as often. So maybe Im just a fan of the under dogs.

I have owned one AR, fired a handful regurlarly, Im sure I’ll get a military clone of this or that at one point, but its the AK I want to be super skilled at.
ARs are honestly rather boring to shoot as well, truth be told. They’re super functional but all in all they’re not very fun either.

Given the choice between the two, I just prefer AR’s to AK 47s. I do appreciate the rough brutality of an AK though, they’re not bad to shoot just not my cup of tea.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
ARs are honestly rather boring to shoot as well, truth be told. They’re super functional but all in all they’re not very fun either.

Given the choice between the two, I just prefer AR’s to AK 47s. I do appreciate the rough brutality of an AK though, they’re not bad to shoot just not my cup of tea.
Oh my, Ice Cube gonna be heart broken to hear that

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Oh my, Ice Cube gonna be heart broken to hear that
I totally respect the functionality of the things, to say they’re effective would be an understatement. Plenty of people met their end due to them, that’s for sure.

My brother won a barrel of bourbon from buffalo trace, so he is flying out and flying some friends out for the tasting and picking of his barrel.

But he is flying in a few days early to hang out with me first and of course we are going to the range. Never shot with him before, never had a reason to have a big blowout range day with all the firearms before. Going to be a fun week this week of working on a few guns last minute and getting everything loaded and prepped.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My brother won a barrel of bourbon from buffalo trace, so he is flying out and flying some friends out for the tasting and picking of his barrel.

But he is flying in a few days early to hang out with me first and of course we are going to the range. Never shot with him before, never had a reason to have a big blowout range day with all the firearms before. Going to be a fun week this week of working on a few guns last minute and getting everything loaded and prepped.
Holy shit…an entire barrel? Of straight Buffalo Trace? That’s amazing!

If you want to, take some pics of the shoot…should be a good time.

Yeah its an interesting prize to win. I havent asked if its just the normal BT or if he gets anything more special. But part of the prize is a big tasting and selection process for I think he said up to six people. Its totally up to him to get it bottled and labeled and taxes paid and imported to his state, so you are spending some good money out of pocket, I think a barrel is just over 220 bottles.

Being a kentucky resident I was trying to talk him into just picking up the barrel in my el camino, fire ak’s in the air to celebrate as we pull away, drive directly to the closest trailer park, and sell $10 solo cups all night. Trailer park boys style party till the liquor runs out.

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
How goes it guys? You all prepared for the ATF brace rule change and the legal shit storm that is stopping/not stopping it? I have a few buddies that have applied for the Amnesty Form 1 option to wave the $200. But I see all of this is a bureaucratic nightmare for the people and those who are trying to enforce it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well…here in Illinois, you can’t have a SBR, so it doesn’t matter what you do with it, it’s not legal at all.

My guess, most people with the things will take them off.

The ATF flip-flop-flip-flop shut is annoying.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Vastly more people will be completely unaware of the brace “ban.”

Especially if they aren’t terminally online like us morons, why would they have any reason to suspect their legally purchased braced pistol (that they bought from a gun store!) was no longer legal.

Especially without the mainstream media hootin and hollerin about it like they did with the bump stock thing.

I saw a gun owner on Reddit of all places, just in the past few days, who was unaware of the brace issue.

As for my guns? I just wish I could retrieve them from the bottom of the lake they’re in :emb:

Thats definitely the most upsetting thing, the government making millions and millions of people felons without some kind/any kind of drive to notify its citizens of a common use item being banned.

Im pretty excited about the second firearm I snuck in last minute for the free sbr, pile of parts waiting for it, curious to the wait time on one turned in that late, I’ll take ya’ll a few pics when its time

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Please go buy a firearm before shit talking in this thread.

We are waiting on duffs reaction to between 2,750,000 and 39,750,000 americans that just became felons overnight. Serious bidnez.
what shit talking, lol? i'm not shit talking your guns. relax.

im just saying, this thread is pretty shit talking free. You arent into firearms. Why come in here just to shit on smoke?

Sure I pop into the political threads to shit talk wyo, but those are war room threads.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
im just saying, this thread is pretty shit talking free. You arent into firearms. Why come in here just to shit on smoke?

Sure I pop into the political threads to shit talk wyo, but those are war room threads.
fair enough. but if he says dumb stuff later, i don't care. he's fair game anywhere.