Favorite Neo Stick?

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
Hey, just curious what your favorite Neo Sticks are. Has anyone ever used the Hori stick? Is it worth $100? How does it compare to the MAS Stick?

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I can vouch for the Hori sticks.. they're my preferred stick. You shouldn't have to pay more than $60 for one(mint, CIB).

Never used a MAS... can't help you there.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hori is nice, but thats about it. You want the best? Make your own or get someone to do it for you, that is the best, however you'll be spending more money than most care for.:emb:

e894fffb.jpg

a3a24f3d.jpg

Everything else is second rate compared to a custom stick with good parts be it Happs or Sanwa/Seimitsu. It's all a matter of prefference, so do some research before you buy.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
electricgrave said:
Hori is nice, but thats about it. You want the best? Make your own or get someone to do it for you, that is the best, however you'll be spending more money than most care for.:emb:

e894fffb.jpg

a3a24f3d.jpg

Everything else is second rate compared to a custom stick with good parts be it Happs or Sanwa/Seimitsu. It's all a matter of prefference, so do some research before you buy.

The great man has spoken, heed his advice. Those sticks are fucking top notch. Excuse my bad french but they just are. :buttrock:

NEO AVENGERS OUT

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've never used the Hori neo stick, but I have used Hori sticks from other systems. In my humble opinion, Hori is great for home gaming, but for the best arcade experience is a custom Happ or MAS stick all the way.

For mine I picked up a used worn out MAS stick from ebay and replaced it with a Happ competition stick and some competition buttons. Awesome. I'd still like to have a Hori stick for non-hardcore playing.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Hori Neo is the best over the counter stick.

Of course custom is best.

Use a modded Hori Neo stick and you may change your mind.

Electric Cake

Kula's Candy
electricgrave said:

e894fffb.jpg

a3a24f3d.jpg

WOW! They are looking awesome! :drool:

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Electric Cake said:
WOW! They are looking awesome! :drool:

Seconded Chris, that bottom stick is teh sechs. Honestly, I think that's probably the baddest stick I've ever laid eyes on. Is that your handiwork?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
tony_starks said:
The great man has spoken, heed his advice. Those sticks are fucking top notch. Excuse my bad french but they just are. :buttrock:

NEO AVENGERS OUT

Verily Iron Man! For the iron is hot and the die has been cast, by the grizzly bear of Odin custom sticks are like the uru mallet!

zapatistab said:
Hori Neo is the best over the counter stick.

Of course custom is best.

Use a modded Hori Neo stick and you may change your mind.

I will try that, but I dunno zap this is a heavy claim you bring here.

DeadPixels said:
Seconded Chris, that bottom stick is teh sechs. Honestly, I think that's probably the baddest stick I've ever laid eyes on. Is that your handiwork?

Yeah I made the red one for one of our fellow members here, so I made 2 at the same time, then I posted pics and within 30 mins in the chat room someone bought the second one. I was like..."but-but-I haven't even played with it much!:crying: " but hey, I can allways make more, so no big deal.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Fish_Monger said:
Hey, just curious what your favorite Neo Sticks are. Has anyone ever used the Hori stick? Is it worth $100? How does it compare to the MAS Stick?

I own both the original neo stick along with the aes console which I keep boxed away. I use the Mini Mas stick with my MVS Console and It does give u a great arcade feel. The only thing I don't like about the mas stick is the bulkiness. I ordered 2 Hori Neo2 Sticks recently will let u know how that goes when they arrive.

http://www.shutter7.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/12789/normal_IMG_0239.JPG

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
usb stick?

Has anyone tried this one out on any PS2 ports?

2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Knatty Dreadnok

Crossed Swords Squire
I always preferred the traditional AES stick myself. I owned two Hori sticks in the 90's and both of them malfucntioned. Response/movement was sluggish at best... eventually non existent, buttons soon followed stopped working altogether. Hori is crap in my opinion.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I either went original or custom MAS. For serious fighter matches I would use MAS any give day.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I just received my Hori Sticks and I have to say that I prefer them over my mas and original neo sticks.