Every anime opening ever made

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
this prolly carries over to jRPG's, hence their decline.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
RUNNING RUNNING RUNNINGGGGGG!!!!!
EEYYYEEEEE ZOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!

edit: I just realized I have the CD that has that song playing in Deuce's video :crying:

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
yeah very true and amusing. However, cookie cutter patterns can be found in virtually everything.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
god.
The music in that.
How can people listen to that and not stab their ear drums with sharp metal objects.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
sheesh 10 years ago I was so into anime I could never imagine losing interest. Now I almost hate it, it's kinda a weird feeling. I can never fully hate it as I still like most of what I liked back in the day, but yeah anime and the whole culture around it bugs the shit outa me nowdays.

kinda sucks as I don't like super heroes either, so really have no more awesome cel animation to enjoy.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
god.
The music in that.
How can people listen to that and not stab their ear drums with sharp metal objects.

Don't ever come to my house then, I probably have roughly 30 eurobeat CDs. I fucking LOVE it.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Good video. That took quite a bit of dedication and prolly watching more anime than you can shake a stick, both the good and the bad ones.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
sheesh 10 years ago I was so into anime I could never imagine losing interest. Now I almost hate it, it's kinda a weird feeling. I can never fully hate it as I still like most of what I liked back in the day, but yeah anime and the whole culture around it bugs the shit outa me nowdays.

kinda sucks as I don't like super heroes either, so really have no more awesome cel animation to enjoy.

agree 100% That was me too

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Watching this reminded me of the first time I peered behind the curtain of anime and the disillusionment I felt when I realized: it's not as magical or special as I held it up to be in more naive days.

I still like a lot of the style anime brings to storytelling, but this video reminds me that its cliches are, perhaps, more insufferable to me than any other storytelling medium.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
It's all unintelligible to me now.
There's some really great stand alone series that I dig,
but then like someone said here, all anime is a parody on itself now.
It's kind of nice to see the genre from an outsiders perspective now.
It's easier to appreciate the real stellar stuff from the pretty standard filler series out there.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I usually skip all intros after watching them once. If I want to hear deranged takes on shitty 80's metal I can always listen to a local bar band. But qouting one of the most baffling songs from an anime intro I have heard I will leave with :

Mysterious Tokyo, pick me up foxy night game. :)

P.S. The first person to identify that anime wins one Shrute Buck.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Watching this reminded me of the first time I peered behind the curtain of anime and the disillusionment I felt when I realized: it's not as magical or special as I held it up to be in more naive days.

Never was an anime nerd, but going through Sartana spinoffs today, I realized that I've probably already seen very nearly all of the good spaghetti westerns ever made. It's depressing. Who was it who went on a jrpg binge after FFIV? In the other thread? Same shit. I remember being really amazed by crossgenre "Mashup" music three years ago, not so much anymore. It's the exhaustion of culture in general. There is less room for novelty in all media, and new veins are mined to death very quickly. If we're lucky this is a cycle of exhaustion and replenishment instead of a path to monoculture and entropy.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
And that guy killing his bride and shit. I mean, some people will do anything to seem interesting.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Ding Ding Ding Poison Sama wins one shrute buck or one billion stanley nickles.

But seriously I think the only anime song that I have liked is the opening to excel saga or the audio menu for gantz. Oh yeah, when I am drunk about the first 20 seconds of Baki the grappler.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
How many tower defense games were there a year after the first came out?

aria

Former Moderator
Great editing job in that video.

It made me sort of glad I never tried to get into this stuff. I have too many hobbies and not enough free time anyway.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The last good years for anime were 2004/2005... Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, Speed Grapher.

Then it was all downhill.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
reductive and completely not unique to anime. you could make an entire series of videos like this for american tv dramas, blockbuster movie trailers, and 80s sitcoms.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I used to be one of those people who rented a lot of stuff and would haunt the anime aisle at Suncoast, back when those tapes were really exorbitantly expensive. This is, of course, almost 20 years ago. I grew up on the likes of Macross, Area 88, Dominion Tank Police, Akira, Wings of Honneamise, etc. Every once in a while, I'll come across a series that looks interesting, something along the likes of Cowboy Bebop comes to mind, but beyond this...the stories and character designs just don't do a thing for me these days.
Too frilly, too many episodes, too many characters, etc.

It neatly dovetailed with my interests in import gaming back in the day.