Does everyone have that one Facebook friend?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Who constantly complains about FB "drama", and makes vague passive-aggressive posts about other people, but constantly whines about exactly those things without being able to see that they are exactly that person?

Like they're constantly projecting, and no one ever holds them accountable?

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Its almost as bad as the 'look how good our relationship is' posters that are always fighting or are always the first to break up / divorce...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've started a folder of screen captures of people bitching about vaguely specific people.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Just a quick sample:

FLZpF5a.png

DbPZQq3.png

NHYSel8.png

JHRpJhk.png

Tqq9Ize.png

I swear, every day when I wake up, it's like this:

HHGUjuZ.jpg

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
That's a brilliant idea. Imma swipe that!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Chick is way into BDSM. She actually lives the lifestyle.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Chick is way into BDSM. She actually lives the lifestyle.

lmao What a fucking loser. I love how this sad piece of property is lashing out with all this sass, indignation and rage as if she's worth a fuck.
Like shut the fuck up, you human toilet.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's actually sad to watch. I first met her almost 10 years ago, and she was normal. Since then, she's had two kids (and lost two kids to DHS), hops around from job-to-job, house-to-house, city-to-city, and has been on a further downward spiral (if that was possible) since her parents have died. This BDSM lifestyle is a completely new thing, and she's shocked that farmers in Oklahoma give her second looks. There was just a post today about how she just got out of county jail. I swear, I can't make this stuff up.

Any time I want to feel better about my life, or if I think my life is going bad (or, hell, if I just want to be entertained), I just open up that news feed. Facebook is the Jerry Springer of 2013.

EDIT -- Qube still makes me feel terrible when I come across his running posts and I have a mouth full of gummy bears.

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Who constantly complains about FB "drama", and makes vague passive-aggressive posts about other people, but constantly whines about exactly those things without being able to see that they are exactly that person?

No, the most annoying facebook friends I have are ones who use it as a channel to promote their work-related stuff. It's kind of lame to get spam emails advertising some bullshit seminar from a childhood friend.

*ninja*

I also hate when people who keep unofficial fan pages for bands, etc... use them to spread their own political agendas, i.e a metal band's fan page has been spamming stuff about the protests in Turkey all week.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Im really starting to hate this fuckin facebook shit. I might just delete my account off and register a some random person just so I can follow fan pages, bands I like etc.

You know what I really hate on there, companies that post pointless crap about the weather or a public holiday or something. Bloody stupid, I don't follow any companies like that but I follow the facebook pages of other business' I compete against and they are constantly doing it.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member

You've just perfectly described my 41 yr old sister.

Unfriending family member... so awkward. :D

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
it's pretty annoying when people post once an hour and just spam the news feed with shit no one cares about, but maybe some people feel the same about me when i post pictures, so meh

i finally unfriended the girl who posted nothing but conspiracies and shit like 'fluoride in water is poison'. bitch had to go.

i've been unfriending a lot of people recently, though. soon enough it's gonna be only people from neo-geo, and that's kinda sad

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Im really starting to hate this fuckin facebook shit. I might just delete my account off...
Oh no. You can't 'delete' your account my friend. Your connective data is too important too them (who you know, where you live, where they live). No... but you can 'deactivate' it, just in case you fancy rejoining at a later point. Or, unless like me, some fuck hacks your account and reactivates it for you 7 years after it was deactivated. Fun.

Indeed, Facebook own 'you'. Forever...

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Or the one that posts stupid ass quotes and is annoying as all hell.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
yea half the people on face book do

I usually "hide/unsubscribe" streams on the first post like that

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
At the end of the day, I still have more in common with a larger number of people here than I do with people anywhere else.

Someone should do a study on the type of personality it takes to survive on this forum long-term, and also on the value of the relationships that are formed here (HS/Resoglas anyone?).

It takes grit to last on this forum, but it's worth it, and I still seek refuge from stupidity here. Natural selection weeds the dumb ones out of n-g.com.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
unfriend them or hide them. My fb feed to pretty clean these days.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Nope... but then again I'm not on Facebook.

aria

Former Moderator
LOL facebook users. How's everyone's elderly aunts doing?