panda-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

original.gif

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Admirable how he managed to pull such a scam so effortlessly, getting thousand of dollars from a bunch of manchildren/frogs with more money than common sense.
He deserves our respect, if anything.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Admirable how he managed to pull such a scam so effortlessly, getting thousand of dollars from a bunch of manchildren/frogs with more money than common sense.

My favorite dumb nazi faggot right there. Good point.

emIrX4r.gif

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Hitler was just misunderstood...must've been that rolling "r".

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
wow.
But if none of the buyers want to take legal action...
Where does it go from here?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
So is there anything that links Jason Young to Ray Young besides the name?

Lotta Youngs out there no?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Using a Japanese AES Sonic Wings 3 would have been the 'best' way as it would have already contained the boards/chips needed WITHOUT any need of alteration &/or tampering. The factory-soldered points alone would seal the deal if you were concerned with being exposed a fraud. While the cost of acquiring original SW3 AES carts is quite a bit more going this route, what's $300 to $500 when you're flipping them for 30 large? It's a small price to pay for convincing others of their authenticity. Also, think about the cartridge shell casings & the snap-lock case boxes.....they do vary in texture/color from release to release; this would further convince a potential buyer that the game was legit if they were to compare another game that was produced at the same timefame. While finding 6 near-perfect copies would be a challenge, I'm sure it's not impossible, especially when you take into account how long this 'supposed scam' has been in the works. Didn't Tonk say he had been conversing with David G for months? All he really needed at first was one perfect copy to send out to Tonk/Geddon for inspection; the others could have been sourced/created while this was all pending.

Getting back to the soldering technique: we haven't yet seen the back side of the JGP AES boards, but from viewing the few pictures hosted from the NeoStore, I would guess they are not done by hand. The few surface mounted chips I can see look perfect, but all of this doesn't matter anyways as JGP is being promoted & sold as a DGE conversion.

At the end of the day, I would speculate that David/Jason tried his best at covering his bases pertaining to the look of the hardware. After all, if he has access to PCB creation/manufacture & plastic molding/production, I'm sure machine soldering would be a prerequisite as well.

EDIT: More on the SAC cart theory: David has already revealed pics of AES cart stockpiles, so what's to say he didn't have multiple copies of Sonic Wings 3 JPN AES on hand....brand new just like the Samurai 2s & NAMs he showed us?
This :up:

When you get right down to it, these are just freaked carts. No PCB work and less speculations of it being factory machine made, because it is. New cart stickers and inserts. Polish and clean mint carts or swap the PCBs into a NOS cart shell. He said he has NOS Nam 75s. Got a beat to hell cart and a nice snap lock, just swap the cart shell. Cart sticker....it doesn't matter a new sticker will be applied and fuck the JPN AF3 sticker when you're selling these freaked copies for $30,000 dollars.

Didn't the Neo Store have some mint/NOS snap lock cases for sale at one time???

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
It kinda brings to light an age where when you think about it, DavidG could have really fucked the market hard by bootlegging legit SNK games like MotW, or even Blazing Star or Pulstar. The sad thing he could have floated all of that out there and none of us would have been the wiser.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Polish and clean mint carts or swap the PCBs into a NOS cart shell. He said he has NOS Nam 75s.

Someone smart mentioned earlier that cart shells (and even AES system shells) changed in texture and color over the years. Early carts like NAM-1975 are a lighter color with heavier texturing. A mid 95 game like Sonic Wings 3 will be a darker color and have a far smoother texture. Even an untrained eye can tell the difference easily. There's also the warning sticker that's required (but Jason probably made those too).

It's far more likely that Samurai Shodown 2 shells were used, if brand new ones were required. SS2 uses the right kind of cart shell.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Someone smart mentioned earlier that cart shells (and even AES system shells) changed in texture and color over the years. Early carts like NAM-1975 are a lighter color with heavier texturing. A mid 95 game like Sonic Wings 3 will be a darker color and have a far smoother texture. Even an untrained eye can tell the difference easily. There's also the warning sticker that's required (but Jason probably made those too).

It's far more likely that Samurai Shodown 2 shells were used, if brand new ones were required. SS2 uses the right kind of cart shell.

Correct. Nam...SS2...whatever. My main point was most of the time the first thing people want to see is the PCB. A clean machine made PCB from the JPN version and very well made high quality stickers and inserts, and you're 99% there when attempting to make a near perfect boot.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
What gets me is how someone who is apparently a professional with graphic design flubbed the AF3 cover so badly.

marvelus10

n00b

From what I've been reading it was Tonk and Geddon that convinced them, David was just the supplier/manufacturer. I would like to see a summery of Tonk and his association from all this. I'm sure it would just just as damaging.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Can he even be sued if he is in another country? Not sure what the laws are on that.

bryan

Geese's Thug
Some things that get me are:

In this quote DG claims Tonk kept asking for more money and upped the value of the games. Maybe Tonk knew or found out they were fake and went with it, why ealse would DG give Tonk more money unless Tonk was blackmailing DG?

In another post Tonk even brags about getting more money also.

And what stunt did John supposedly pull?

Just asking questions cause I have been following this since the beginning and still want to know the whole story and conclusion.
If some people have no problem wasting money, then wast some on a lawyer.

I found your post in the past few days to be quite amusing, Mike.

Let’s go over a few things the community may or may not know.

Firstly, Mike knew from day one that there were more than 3 Aero Fighter 3’s and at no time was 3 ever the limit. Mike, being Mike, ended up digging a hole for himself by saying only 3 copies were available.

Secondly, Mike also went out of his way to keep everyone on a very short leash in an attempt to keep total control over the buyers... and his cut of course!

For the first sale, I offered to have the buyer and Mike meet in Toronto (giving the buyer all the time he wanted to check out the game). However, Mike vehemently turned this down because he wanted total control of every present and future transactions and of course, Mike wanted the spot light (what’s new?).

When Mike first got his hands on AF3 he called me and said he didn’t like what he saw. Mike has purposely withheld the fact that I asked him to return the game to me and it goes back to the box. Mike refused to return the game and instead send it to John hoping for a more positive second opinion.

What only a few people know is that I was asked how much I wanted for the game, and my answer was $8000. Mike told me he could sell each one for $30,000+. Of course I had no problems with that number... if Mike believed he could do so, then why not leave everything in his hands?

Mike is very secretive about the fact that, in his quest to keep total control over everyone, he insisted that all monies pass through his hands. This means that the buyers pay Mike the entire amount and he simply took his cut... or... they paid his cut directly to him. This means that he is 100% on the hook for his entire cut as, at no given moment in time, did I handle Mike’s payment. The fact remains that there isn’t a court of law that will let this piece of information slide. If this should ever go to a court of law... then, Mike, You are 100% “liable”.

Also, whenever the buyers paid Mike the total lump sum for a sale, he would not only take his agreed percentage but would nickel and dime me to death with imaginary fees. Oh! and let’s not forget the many times he would call crying for a bonus to “help him sleep at night”. Did you ever buy that Mac Book Pro you said you wanted last time you stuck me for an additional $2,000 Mike?

Let me say this again... If this goes to court, Mike, and I show exactly how much money you really sent my way, then believe, you’re on the hook for every cent you took. Every cent Mike...even the hundreds you took for your “Steak Dinners”.

While we’re talking about facts, lets not forget that Mike talks a good game online. Everything went awry, where did he go? Mike all but disappeared. There is no need to even try and defend this one, Mike ol buddy, the proof is in the pudding.

Thirdly, Mike, You claim to be close friends with the buyers. The phone calls I had with them after you ran and hid under your bed says otherwise. Besides, if you were a true friend then you shouldn’t have a problem giving back everything you took from your “friends”. Let get this straight, You’re not a victim. Never have and will never be.

I took quite some time and worked out why you do what you do Mike. See, Mike here needs to be part of this community. Here on neo-geo.com he is (was) a big shot, a real somebody. Outside in the real world he’s a nobody, so, when the neo door was closed on him, he just couldn’t take it and resorted to pulling every stop.

This issue is between myself and the buyers... as well as Mike. If any buyer has a problem or concern they can reach me using the same method that has been made available to them from the beginning.

Oh! and Mike, just because you think you’re so clever. .. I’ll let you know that once John pulled that stunt with AF3 (you know what stunt I’m referring to) I proceeded to recorded all future conversations... and I just so happen to have one recording where I specifically informed you that I would be recording my calls going forward, and your exact response was: “That’s a good idea” (making my evidence admissible in a court of law... bet you forgot about that one.. lol. )

This will be my last post on these forums as I refuse to partake of this debacle. Going forward, I will only be communicating directly to the buyers.

Last edited:
It kinda brings to light an age where when you think about it, DavidG could have really fucked the market hard by bootlegging legit SNK games like MotW, or even Blazing Star or Pulstar. The sad thing he could have floated all of that out there and none of us would have been the wiser.

He probably did..

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
He probably did..

Yes. And many other around dishonest sellers did sell fake home carts,here in Europe,in US and Japan.

The big difference here is that DavidG managed to sell fake home carts for $30k each...thanks to Micheal Dicioccio and his financial problems.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I think it's hilarious that all this really boils down to
is that some high end collectors bought some high end bootlegs
for too much money.
The NGF 2000 US cart is more legitimate than these.
What a tough.