DavidG: Facts, Speculation, and Possible Conclusions

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
What do you do when you're sitting on a fair amount of information?

We have decided to share it.

As the stories and facts around DavidG and his products have developed over the past year or so, we here at NG.com have been provided with various bits of information provided by various members. The quality of this information has varied, as have the motivations of those providing it. As this story refuses to disappear and continues to get attention we decided to take some time and start following up on the information and leads provided to us.

What we have done below is compile those points that we found both (1) interesting and (2) researched using public information that can be sourced by any party. We have no interest in invading reasonable expectations of privacy. As such, information is cited where possible.

We have attempted to avoid making any sweeping accusations, instead we would like the facts to speak for themselves wherever possible. Still, this information does include speculation using the known facts and tying together what we feel are (at the very least) interesting coincidences. We encourage you to not simply come to your own conclusions, but also decide whether there is sufficient information for you to make any conclusion.

Please note: There is no inference or assumption that the companies or persons named outside of Jason Young, alias David Garrett, knowingly or willingly participated in any sort of criminal or tortious activity. NG.com is obviously not a court of law, but we do feel a responsibility to provide information in a sense closer to journalism. Ultimately, we feel there's more to lose for the community by sitting on this info than sharing it.

What's needed for a scam like what we believe took place with Aero Fighters 3 and Power Spikes 2:

If you were going to counterfeit rare videogames, what kinds of resources would you need?

1. Engineer
2. Graphic designer
3. Means to produce the artwork, PCBs, and plastics

If you had to take payments and you were using a fake name as part of a confidence scam, how would you get the funds out to a legally registered party?

Find someone you could trust with the money. Make sure they are legitimate enough to take the money and use a legally established identity. A family member or spouse would be ideal.

How would someone know their name became attached to a scam and why would they start scrubbing all of their public data suddenly unless you were onto their identity?

They are scared and not an accomplished fraudster, if they were even aware of it to begin with. They are afraid of legal action.

Two new characters unlocked:

What do a Nigerian Masseuse and a Romanian Graphic Designer have in common?

If you said "A mutual adoration for a poor volleyball game 20 years out of print on a dead Japanese video game system." You would only be half right.

The present facts began coming together with posts by Neotropolis.

Post #1:

KPJ said:
You most definitely purchased at least (2) copies of the 'mystery' titles from me; one kit & one cart. It's also a coincidence that someone in your specific area also bought another 'key' cart from me at roughly the exact same time. I've attached a map of the area to show the vicinity of the two differing addresses.

h6Szu7I.jpg

Post #2:

KPJ said:
You must be forgetting about the Aero Fighters 3 MVS cartridge then.....

I'm stating all facts. No, I cannot prove 'LN' is you, nor do I NEED to. The situation, as a whole, looks mighty suspicious when you assemble all of the tidbits of information that have been exposed. I simply mentioned the odds of two people within the same vicinity buying the same cart at almost the same time while all of this other stuff is going down is mighty slim. I've stated from the start that things surrounding these releases (AF3 & PS2) look fishy.

As for the PS2 kit; you are of course free to do as you please with it, it's your property. I'm not doubting for a second that you still have it in your possession; I have kit boxes/artwork from over a decade ago. But nothing could have stopped you from pulling the game boards out of the cartridge shell for a certain project and replacing them later with another copy of the game. We all know the boards/chips themselves are not unique/serialized, so your stance is moot.

So who are these buyers?

Important information:

1. LN, assumed to be Liviu Nita, and David/Jason/Judith purchased Power Spikes 2 and/or AF3 from Neotropolis at some point.
  2. KPJ never states the address, but posts up the Google Maps pin drops with addresses he mailed the carts to. One to the town of Stoney Creek, the other to Mississauga.
  3. The carts were sold within a short time frame.
  4. All of the addresses associated with the moving parts in this operation lie on the main road between Mississauga and Stoney Creek or within a short distance of these two points: the mailbox store used for destination and receiving addresses, the plastics company, and the people involved in the fact pattern.

Judith H Sule

Judith Sule accepts payments via paypal for David Garrett. David Garrett produces the Daedalus converter.
7eyWGG3.png

We have Judith's phone and email (posting that here doesn't seem immediately relevant). Sule is a masseuse. She works as a wellness consultant for Truestar and as a masseuse for Revive Renew Restore in the Toronto area. She attended the Humber Institute of Business and Technology and owns Pure Vixen Cosmetics with her twin sister Julia Sule aka Julia Ess. Rhoda Sule was also present at the signing of the affidavit.

Judith H Sule is married to Jason Young.

Jason Young and David Garrett both used the same car picture: David showed it off via email, Jason via Facebook profile.
nlsQTgW.jpg

Using Google Maps, Street View, and this picture, you can place this car in the driveway at a specific address in Stoney Creek, ON.

Judith Sule and Rhoda Sule both signed an affidavit along with David Garrett regarding the sale of the AF3 cart.
Kiwu4og.jpg

Reasonable Conclusion: Jason Young and David Garrett are the same person and married to Judith H Sule

What about Liviu Nita?

Liviu Nita is a graphic designer and computer technician from Romania. [Source]

Liviu Nita has the requisite knowledge to produce digital renders of artwork. [Source]

He has received payments for "DavidG" from members.

Let's get back to Neotropolis

Liviu Nita purchased a copy of Power Spikes 2 from Neotropolis in April of 2012.
Power Spikes 2 MVS Cart sold to Liviu Nita through ebay: Item # 390272912897 [Source]

lnitty ebay profile shows that he lives in CANADA.

Neotropolis left feedback on the lnitty ebay profile. lnitty is assumed to be an alias for Liviu Nita. [Source]

Do some searching and you'll find that alias lnitty comments on and has an interest in home improvement and Toronto area homes. [Source]

Two months earlier another person bought Power Spikes 2 from Neotropolis. [Source]

Immediate payment; thanks again for your business!
Buyer: Member id choco_mochachinni (private)
Feb-15-12 11:49 Power Spikes 2 US MVS Kit • Neo Geo Volleyball • SNK (#220393585712) --
choco_mocachinni also lives in CANADA. This person also enjoys the Toronto nightlife and is a Nigerian woman.

where does this all start coming together?

Refer back to the map KPJ posted. We know that Jason Young, alias David Garrett, resides at a particular address in Stoney Creek ON. The other address is in Mississauga.

A search for last name Nita in Mississauga, ON lists an “I Nita” and that a block away lives “J Sule”. These two addresses are separated by a creek. They are for all intents and purposes, next to each other.

Also of note: a search for Nita in Stoney Creek shows there are two in Stoney Creek, both are within several kilometres of the home address of Jason Young, alias David Garrett.

What questions arise?

• What are the odds that a Romanian Graphic Designer and a Nigerian Immigrant share a love of the NEO GEO?
  • What are the odds that they happen to know the same guy?
  • What are the odds they possess the requisite skills to produce a fake video game?
  • What are the odds they order the same rare, unpopular MVS carts within weeks of each other?
  • What are the odds these carts are the same game "released" by Jason as SNK originals?
  • What are the odds these people live practically next to each other?

Name the players.

JRW DESIGNS took payment for DavidG according to Tonk. They perform plastic vacuum forming and vinyl work. http://www.jrwdesignsgroup.com

Their address:
JRW Designs
1935 Drew Road, Unit 25
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada L5S 1M7

The Lawyer/Notary used for the affidavit:
Subhash Joshi Law Office
1530 Drew Rd,
Mississauga, ON
[Source]

David Garrett Jason Young has the technical ability to produce custom PCB's with machine soldering. Just look at the pictures for Jockey Grandprix English in the NeoStore.
1324-5T.jpg

Liviu Nita is an experienced graphic designer, as stated in his resume, with experience in all the relevant programs necessary to create or recreate artwork. [Source]

Putting Together What We Know

Jason/David has engineering skills and ability to produce factory machine level work and designs. Liviu Nita has access and knowledge of advance graphic design tools and software. Judith H Sule ties them all together and takes payments on their behalf.

Jason Young, Judith H Sule and Liviu Nita all have addresses in Mississauga and Stoney Creek, have the required knowledge and access to produce PCBs, Shells, Artwork. They have ties to all other parties involved.

JRW possibly produced the cases and snaplocks. Subhash Joshi notarized the affidavits.

A Possible Conclusion

The games are fake, the means to produce them have been demonstrated, and they all reside in the same towns, short distances from each other. They were produced well enough to fool even the most advanced collectors, including BRANDI, CHAMANE, TONK, GEDDON_JT, SUPERGUN, 8MAN and WOLF. All you need at that point is an unwitting middleman with a reputation to sell your games. If you can convince the salesperson your game is legitimate then you know you did a good job.

TL;DR: Reading is Fundamental.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
substance, it's what this debacle has been lacking from the start.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Dredd is easily the best member of this forum.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
There are a couple of questions I feel needs to be answered regarding the production of the PCB's.

Where is Jason Young actually producing these?

Is Ray Young dead or alive? I've not been able to find any obituary (not to say one does not exist) regarding his demise which was claimed by the Ambiguously Gay Duo.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Good summary of all the information. Pretty damning evidence in my eyes.

P.S.- What's up with Nigerians and scams. Is it in the blood?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
There are a couple of questions I feel needs to be answered regarding the production of the PCB's.

Where is Jason Young actually producing these?

Yeah, this is probably the #1 thing I'm most curious about too.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Interesting read. The evidence is compelling that they were boots, but my gut told me they were anyways.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I await DavidG's response...if he even attempts it.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
excellent summary

i think the only other piece of information that may be connected is the article geddon found - http://www.crimereductioncanada.com/Documents/Identity_Theft/IDT_5_Types.pdf

DRIVER’S LICENSE: The car that Jason Young has never owned, a 2001 Audi A4, can be found today under lock-and-chain
in an OPP compound north of Toronto, having been seized following its abandonment in a still unsolved hit-and-run. The last
name and address on the ownership, however, is Jason Young’s name and his Mississauga address. And therein lies the problem.
Identify theft is too easy. Det. Bruce Lemcke of the Peel Regional Police fraud squad was convinced Jason Young fell victim to
a sophisticated fraud. So, too, was the Scotiabank, who had a lien on the now-impounded car due to unpaid financing obtained
with a photocopy of Jason’s driver’s license. —Toronto Sun, May 18, 2008

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Wow! Two nigerian princesses and a russian in on the same scam?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? This one is untouchable boys.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Good job putting everything in one place for those that haven't been following the scams/couldn't connect the dots themselves.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Posting in legendary thread, thus living forever.

Dredd is clearly a lawyer. ;)

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
They were produced well enough to fool even the most advanced collectors, including BRANDI, CHAMANE, TONK, GEDDON_JT, SUPERGUN, 8MAN and WOLF.
I would change the order and add Waku to the list. Afterall, he too inspected the game.

8MAN, BRANDI, CHAMANE, GEDDON_JT, SUPERGUN, WOLF, WAKU and TONK. Waku and Tonk last, because at least Tonk doesn't seem to be a collector and Waku didn't buy the game for himself.

Also, I think Rhoda Sule (the older sister?) deserves a few more words. People should know about the field she seems to work in. I'm sure she played a role in getting that piece of paper stamped and all official looking and no one would have ever noticed, if it wasn't for Jason's Facebook profile and the picture of that car. That signature obviously doesn't say Joshi.

da66en

Zero's Secretary
[*]What are the odds they order the same rare, unpopular MVS carts within weeks of each other?

This item has to be a coincidence - are there are parts in the MVS board that can be sacced onto an AES board? Are the ROMs the same?

David Garrett Jason Young has the technical ability to produce custom PCB's with machine soldering.

This isn't hard. For proof google "PCB prototype" or "PCB fabrication" - there are hundreds of companies that do this.

All this being said, it still seems clear that DavidG made AF3 and PS3.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Is there any reason why the carts could not be just straight up original japanese Sonic Wings 3 carts?

I thought these carts had all the languages and they activate based on which region console you play them in, is that right? (I have never had an AES so I have no idea but MVS games work with the language of the motherboard bios no matter what it says in the label)

I still haven´t seen any convincing reason why anything other than the arts (label, insert, manual) would have to have been reproduced. Please enlighten me, I have been pondering and wondering this for a while :)

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Is there any reason why the carts could not be just straight up original japanese Sonic Wings 3 carts?
Yes. 3, actually:

- Too expensive. I've seen them go for 500€+ and I wanted to win that auction for no more than 300€.
- Too hart to find, if you need 6 carts at once.
- You will probably not even find one that looks as if it was brand new, so you'd have to sac carts anyway.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
TBH, not a lot of new information here, just a good (possibly great) summary of stuff that has already been posted. The Nigerian connection between his wife and her family is new...as is the reason why DavidG decided to respond to that one offhand post Kennyboy made.

I just wonder if this will sway Shawn's mind any on selling DavidG's crap in his store. I'm going to assume that this info has already been posted in the moderator forum...and, that Shawn has already seen it days ago. In that case, I've answered my own question; and the answer is yes, he's still going to be selling Jockey GP in the Neo Store.

Jon