BMW Convertable OR Nissan 200SX

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
Some of you may remember I started a thread about 4 months ago generally pissed that some arseholes had done over my car.....well they did it again on Sunday night.

Luckily its not as bad as last time, but the car was on my driveway and someone through brake fluid all over it, so the paintworks a mess, a real mess.

The bills going to be about £800 this time, which is about £2,000 less than last time, but my insurance paid for it last time, not me.

Im at the point where I am seriously, and I do mean seriously, considering changing the car as its done nothing but cause me problems in the 6 motnhs Ive owned it.

The car I have at the moment is a bmw 328i convertable. The garage that I bought it from will buy that car back from me for virtually what I paid for it.

They have a real nice Nissan 200sx on their forecourt for sale and im not sure what to do.

The spec on both is pretty similar:

BMW: - 2.8 injection engine - full black leather, power hood, climate and air con, auto, electric everything etc etc - I paid £12,500 6 months ago

NISSAN: 2.0ltre turbo engine - full cream leather, climate and air con, auto, electric everything etc. price is £7,500 on the forecourt, but a deal could be made :mr_t:

Both have their plusses and down sides and I really dont know what to do as i cant afford to fix the bmw if this happens again :crying:

Ive taken the SX for a test drive and its really nice although not quite as powerful as the bmw, but certainly a really nice drive - the nissan is also £6k cheaper than the bmw, so I would have some cash in my pocket IF I changed.

What would you guys do :annoyed:

Last edited:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
if that 200sx is the european silvia, do that shit! if it's the crappy american 200sx which is really just a nissan sentra, hell no!

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
nissan seems cheaper to maintain. lower displacement, lower price, seems good enough for me. although i hate autos really :D

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
its a UK car apparantly - I dont know too much about them to be honest, just liked the look of it and thought it was good value for money.

Ive tried to do a direct link to the car company's website so you can see the nissan - I cant do a direct link to the car, but this is the companys site

http://www.gouldingscarsales.co.uk/

I went into "search" and typed "nissan" - they only have 2 nissans so its pretty easy to find - if someone else knows how to do a direct link or bring the pics up - go for it ;)

X

Y,
Get the 200sx and do a tranny swap. Very fun car to drive.

Robert

20 Year Member
It's two different worlds.

The BMW is a fine overall package. It has to be appreciated as a convertible but can be driven as a sport car. Inline 6 from BMW are always delightful to drive.

The 200SX will certainly lead you to the tuning route since there are so many parts available. Less fun as a whole than the BMW it can be quite efficient if well tuned.

Unless you want money now, just keep your BMW.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
why not move away?

it seems someone has a big vendetta against you to do it twice

or was it chavs

I mean brake fluid, thats nasty shit.

put a CCTV up too!

:)

skam

Super Spy Agent
DashK said:
if that 200sx is the european silvia, do that shit! if it's the crappy american 200sx which is really just a nissan sentra, hell no!

yeah, it's the Sylvia.

I'd say do it personally, that's right at the top end you want to pay for one though so it'd want to be a mint '01.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
skam said:
yeah, it's the Sylvia.

I'd say do it personally, that's right at the top end you want to pay for one though so it'd want to be a mint '01.

it's a 2001? that's def the european S15 then, hell yeah do that shit.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
get the renault clio, or that peugeot 106 much cooler in my oppinion. or go for a ford KA and drive it as fast as you can get to then try to stop and shit your pants as it has no ABS

Curt

apostate
My vote is the keep the BMW.

This is a real shame what these fucking shitheads keep doing to your car.

If I was you, I would just stay out the area. Your girlfriend can't drive to see you?

Fucking stupid idiots.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
word.

keep the BMW

only get a 200sx if you want to root some fit asian crack or a wasian poofta.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Dude did you mess over some bitch???

Seems like you have an enemy.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
nissan.

bmw won't be so fun when you shell out a grand for a simple part.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Nissan.

I love love love BMWs. But for one, it's a convertible. Bad news for a sports car as far as chassis rigidy goes. Then there's the upkeep issue. Anything you get done to the damn thing will cost you a lot.

God how I lust for a previous generation M3... in that weird yellow color. :drool_2:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
both are excellent cars I couldn't really say, but since you're asking for an answer I'd say keep the BMW since it's hard to top amazing german engineering.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
no one really drives those anymore. there's one in the neighborhood, but i've only seen 2 in kassel, so far.
it's been a somewhat ok car back then, but today i wouldn't want to go on vacation in a Trabant anymore.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
norton9478 said:
Dude did you mess over some bitch???

Seems like you have an enemy.

I havnt got a clue who's doing it, not a fucking clue and the police alos dont give a shit so im kinda on my own with it - hence this thread! :D

I wont get my car back until at least mid next week so ive got plenty of time to decide what to do. I have invested in a CCTV kit that i'll be installing over the garage this weekend so the next time any bastard comes on the drive, at least i'll know who's doing it :very_ang:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
supergoose79 said:
no one really drives those anymore. there's one in the neighborhood, but i've only seen 2 in kassel, so far.
it's been a somewhat ok car back then, but today i wouldn't want to go on vacation in a Trabant anymore.

I figured they had all broken down and went to the scrap heap.

I still want one.

Blue smoke trails are cool.

aria

Former Moderator
BMW, better resale and they're built a lot safer. BMW, Volvo and Subaru are probably the safest cars on the road and between them fit every price-point

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
BMW, better resale and they're built a lot safer. BMW, Volvo and Subaru are probably the safest cars on the road and between them fit every price-point

Forget the resale bullshit and buy a used Volvo. They depreciate faster than American cars.