• Special! Heh!

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • New Commers! Bitch!

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Help! I'm looking to buy a Real Bout Fatal Fury to donate to the Arcade UFO Neo-Geo collection. So, I'm trying to figure out which one has the best gameplay of all of them. The criteria is purely gameplay, I don't give a crap which one has more or coolest characters, etc. I want to later host tournaments at UFO for the game, so I really want the deepest, most tourney worthy one of them.:vik:

Realbout Special hold a highly regarded place in my heart, but I don't want that to get in the way of my decision, this is why I need y'all's(lol) help! :help:

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Real Bout 2 for gameplay. Perfect for tournaments. Best fighter on the NeoGeo...

(p.s. no poll to be seen)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Real Bout 2 for gameplay. Perfect for tournaments. Best fighter on the NeoGeo...

(p.s. no poll to be seen)

Agree it's the best Real Bout, disagree that it's the best fighter on the system. I'd take Mark of the Wolves, KOF 98, or Waku Waku 7.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I actually prefer playing Real Bout and RBS, but the Ninja is right. From a pure gameplay perspective RB2 is best, I just like the presentation of the other games more for single play.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
The original RB was a big improvement over the tepid Fatal Fury 3, but someone should have told SNK that ringouts only work in 3D fighters. The same mechanics were in place for Special, but they only dizzied you instead of costing you the entire round.

RB2 was the pinnacle of the series until Garou. Rick Strowd and Xiangfei were an amazing pair of newcomers (screw the Xiangfei haters). Only problem I have with it is that for whatever reason, some stages allow plane switching and some don't.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
My favorite is Real Bout Special.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Special was the best one in both the original Fatal Fury series and in the Real Bout games.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Real Bout 2 is the better gameplay wise. Great for tournament play. But like its been said, RBS is the best in the RB series.

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Sorry about the poll fiasco. I thought I had set it right.:annoyed:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
tough call. I guess I would go with RB2 because of the gameplay and speed. You don't have the usual pause between rounds and matches, which can make the tournament matches more exiting, but it could also be demanding on the players concentration and depending on the crowd take away some of the "retro feel" folks go for today. So IMHO it might depend a little on the players and audience - if you want a more "classical" RBFF go with special.

Here's two other threads full of opinions: 1 (esp. page two), 2.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
RBS is the better game if it's for casual players of the series. RB2 is better for the hardcore audience. Depends on who you are inviting to play it. RBS had better specials and supers (overall), but RB2 was better balanced.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Hard call, but if anything, RBS gets my top spot, followed by the original RB. No hate for RB2, but the presentation for the previous two were just great, and to be honest, the ring outs were fun for me in RB.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sorry about the poll fiasco.
Regarding that poll: RB2=The Newcommers...
rb2title.gif

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
2 tickles my fancy the most but, I honestly never go back and play these things. I always end up just playing mark instead.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Real Bout 2 was the best Real Bout. But Mark of the Wolves is easily better than any of the Fatal Fury's.
You could have had Fatal Fury 3 on your list, that was a Real Bout game (as far as it's graphics and gameplay).