Analogue Pocket

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
i wonder if they scanned the actual foil with the graphics that sits below the LCDs graphics or if they recreated them from scratch?
I don't know but it's beautiful.
I think it's recreate, from scan :LOL:

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I'm not clicking it or linking it, but I about lost it when I saw that guy making the disappointed face in my yt feed again.

20230828-161812.jpg

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I've found your problem.
I could have sworn I clicked "do not recommend channel" a long time ago. Ha
He's probably a nice guy, Idk, but it's just that every piece of cheap Chinese chud that comes down the pike, he makes a video about it. Analogue stuff is one thing, but he makes videos about crap from Five Below. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
I waited over a year for my Analogue Pocket to arrive. I also owed my niece a Switch for getting straight A's in school. After playing with it she said she'd take the Analogue Pocket instead of a Switch and I agreed.

I went back a few days later to order another Pocket, but it wasn't available. Now I see this glow in the dark version is coming and with quick release/delivery date.

I want a Pocket, but not this silly glow in the dark version.

How long before the glow in the dark shell eventually stops glowing?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
IMG_7263.jpeg

Did they ever increase the durability of these, or is it still the case you drop it more than 1 meter the screen cracks into $250 worth of broken goob dreams?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's gorilla glass, if you manage to break it I'd say it's your own damn fault.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I finally got my Analgoob Pocket yesterday. It's pretty neat, but in some ways it still feels like its in beta. The hardware is great, the controls feel good, the screen is so good it's kinda wasted on a fancy Gameboy. Although it's fairly large with a little heft to it the system is surprisingly comfortable in your hands. GB and GBC games look massive on the screen, GBA is about the same size as a real GBA.

The software doesn't feel like it's quite finished, and needs at least one more good firmware update. There are a few options that are normal on modded Gameboys and emu handhelds that are surprisingly missing here. GBA and GBC are amazing on this thing, B&W games are still really good but I think I still prefer playing them on my modded original Gameboy better. That said, if I had the Pocket first, I probably wouldn't have built any modded Gameboys to begin with.

Loading cores is really where this thing shines. SNES and Genesis are great on it and they look fucking amazing on this screen. CPS1 is on there too and it's pretty similar to the Mister core where it looks and plays great but the audio sounds a little off compared to a real PCB.

I got a dock too. Physically, it's really nice. Unlike most docks they actually put some weight to it so it stays in place. The Pocket is really solid when it's in place too. The firmware though really feels unfinished. None of the great video options you'd find on the other Analogue systems or a Mister are present here. You also can't change many of the settings like color palettes or controls like you can on the handheld. If you want to change them you need to pull the system off the dock, change the settings on the handheld, then put it back on the dock. Overall, it works, the image doesn't look bad, it's just lacking in options, which is disappointing since something like the Mega SG has so many goob options you can spend hours adjusting to your autistic heart's content. Still, it's not a terrible way to play real GB games on the TV with a good controller. I'll probably use it over pulling out the Gamecube or something.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Anyone get a unit?
I missed it, I couldn't check out.

Sold out.

I'll have to wait forever for the regular unit to once again be available for order and for it to eventually ship.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Fuckers just did a money grab. These are shipping on Tuesday. They probably needed cash for a Labor Day trip to Vegas.

More power to 'em...but the people that buy into their hype? 🤦‍♂️

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
Nice shitshow, every pre-order are on eBay right now, I would like to have one but as usual only Ebay resellers have got one

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Nice shitshow, every pre-order are on eBay right now, I would like to have one but as usual only Ebay resellers have got one
They do make shiny, cool, new things that I like as well. But there are very good, if not better alternatives to their stuff now. So, the FOMO is a choice.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
glow in the dark seems neat at first, but i think that would be distracting under certain circumstances.