AES Clear Protective Cases

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Cool, that's 450 so far!

Minimum order is 1000, I'll do the measurements ASAP and then assuming we hit 1000 units find out from sentinel64 what the next steps are.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
today i got my cases from saveyourgames.it and i have to say they do a pretty good job , shipping from italy to germany is realy fast , shipped on monday arrived at wednsday , i will post some pics later ,

but dont forget iam still in for the uk cases ;D

Cool, that's 450 so far!

Minimum order is 1000, I'll do the measurements ASAP and then assuming we hit 1000 units find out from sentinel64 what the next steps are.

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but was there ever an estimated per piece cost provided for these units?
Thanks.

<Lord Wan Fu>

DeusVult

Another Striker
the ones from saveyourgames.it fit the 3 different cases carton,soft and snap, cartons are a close fit but there is just enough room to easily remove it

Attachments

• snapcasepro.jpg
    snapcasepro.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 196
  • allcasepro.jpg
    allcasepro.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 194
  • softcasepro.jpg
    softcasepro.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 195

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Here my SS5 special in a plastic case
Make the whole thing look mint and that little bit special,,

I've got 4 to 5 of the clear cases which i've not used let me know if anybody interested.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
hm this ebay store is somewhat intresting , maybe i order some for testing purppse , some for snes and gb ,

push for better finding

Last edited:

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Anyone try out the ones listed above for the AES carts and compare those to the ones listed by the OP? I missed the boat for the ones that the OP listed, and I am looking to get some for my collection.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I painted the windows of my game room. I hate fading on anything.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My god people, sun fading? Are you more worried about the game or the value? Go buy gold for Christ's sake.

Fakk2

Can someone please tell me which ones are better? I am getting ready to purchase a few of these... perhaps 100 or 200 of them, but I really loved the ones that were sold in the OPs thread, and those are sold out. I managed to get lucky, and I asked that guy for a smaple, and he sent me 4 of them as samples, and I was not able to check them out until I came back from my vacation in Cebu, approx a year or 2 after he sent them to me. By the time I got back to America, and tried them out, I found them to be damn nice compared to what I WAS using on my carts to keep them in good condition, (large Ziplocks). They seem to fit VERY snugly around my AES carts, and the quality is pretty good. I would like to know of the two mentioned above, which one of them is the closest to the one in the OP thread? I want the case the fit as tightly around my AES cart as possible.

I WISH we could actually create hard clear plastic cases made ONLY for the AES carts that fit them perfectly, like the hard plastic protective cases that go around the PS3 games at Walmart. If we could make those, I think that would be the best bet to keep our awesome gaming collection protected, and even if some dickhead picks the game up by the top or bottom of the AES case, it won't bend and damage the damn insert.

I still wish I knew what the fuck SNK was thinking when making those holes in the AES cases, as it should be obvious to anyone that they would damage a damn insert over time. The same thing goes for that awesome looking SNK logo inside the snaplock cases. It should have been obvious that the SNK logo would damage the AES carts backs over time, thankfully I remedied that shit ages ago, using special made AES case liners. I have 100 of my old AES collection back finally, from when I sold my entire complete collection back in 1999 to GameDude, and every single one of them are 100% in new condition, and I plan to keep them that way.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
If you're looking to buy 100-200 new protective cases and are not sure about the quality, it might be a good idea to ask this new source for samles - but don't let 2 years pass after you received them before you decide...

I still wish I knew what the fuck SNK was thinking when making those holes in the AES cases, as it should be obvious to anyone that they would damage a damn insert over time.
They never imagined collectards? They wanted to sell their games and therefore the packaging did not need to look crisp forever but only for the initial sale?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Cool, that's 450 so far!

I'd be up for 50 if you go through with this.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't think there is enough interest to make this happen... The ones on ebay are okay, check those out.

Oh, wow, I didn't realise the original conversation was last April, sorry about that.

Yeah, I will check out eBay. Thanks.

Fakk2

If you're looking to buy 100-200 new protective cases and are not sure about the quality, it might be a good idea to ask this new source for samles - but don't let 2 years pass after you received them before you decide...

They never imagined collectards? They wanted to sell their games and therefore the packaging did not need to look crisp forever but only for the initial sale?

As long as I don't go on another 2 and 1/2 year vacation, then I should be all set! :D Also, seriously, "collectards"? Fucking jealous much? I guess your on welfare, or just hate anyone with enough money to collect shit? Calling people names just because they buy things, and collect them, is just pathetic, and childish. Time to grow up.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
As long as I don't go on another 2 and 1/2 year vacation, then I should be all set! :D Also, seriously, "collectards"? Fucking jealous much? I guess your on welfare, or just hate anyone with enough money to collect shit? Calling people names just because they buy things, and collect them, is just pathetic, and childish. Time to grow up.

There's a significant difference between people who collect things, and 'collectards'. Also, it's not jealousy. It is sadness and disappointment (at best).

Fakk2

There's a significant difference between people who collect things, and 'collectards'. Also, it's not jealousy. It is sadness and disappointment (at best).

Damn all those "collectards" that have a nice array of fine automobiles, and those that have a massive collection of extremely awesome guns. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, likes to have something, something that is "their special thing" in life. If you seriously have no desire to collect something nice, it is my opinion that your the one that is "sad", and that brings "disappointment". Like I said before, grow up and accept the fact that many people, and I would dare to say the majority of people, like collecting something. I have never met a person that didn't love their "thing".

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
It's fine to collect things you enjoy. But owning just to own (or brag) instead of owning to enjoy (even if it "wears" the item) is something I consider a waste. This especially goes for videogames. They could bring so much more fun to someone actually playing them before they die because of bitrot or sth.

My jab at people complaining about the inlays was aimed at the excessive will to "conserve" something that is by its nature not meant to last forever. Play your damn games, who seriously cares about insertion marks?

Sure, if it brings someone joy to only stare at his Homecarts - who am I to judge, I just don't get it.