20th Anniversary Boogerman Re-Make on Kickstarter

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Kidpanda's review of Boogerman:

I kinda liked it a little.

;)

Good for one level before you want to throw the controller.

Aero the Acrobat, Boogerman, Bubsy, all those platformers had massive control issues.

Thing is, I have a major platformer tilt. So, maybe solid was the wrong word considering, but I did like the game, coped fine with the controls and thought it had more potential (which they seem to be incorporating into the proposed remake).

Actually... kinda liked Aero too. :emb: And Ghost Manor on TG16 which has pretty frustrating controls TBH... :loco:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Too bad Boogerman was pure shit in every aspect except graphics and gross humor.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I liked playing as Boogerman in Clayfighter on the 64.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I backed, but I'm going to revoke my pledge (it's probably not going to get funded anyway, but that's not the point). I thought I was backing for the whole game, but as it turns out there's an extra game mode you have to pledge more for. It's the co-op mode with Earthworm Jim.

In concept it's essentially the Kickstarter version of on-disc DLC, and it's worse because it's an entire game mode that has been part of the game from conception. So I don't want my money supporting the practice.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
honestly who fucking cares.

Nostalgia baiting at its finest

Steve

The Wonder Years,
World Heroes 3? Hells to the motherfukken yea.
Boogerman? Meh. He was OK, in an OK game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's already a third of the way through and not even reaching 10% of the funding levels. Don't see this happening.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
honestly who fucking cares.

Nostalgia baiting at its finest

Yes, just another nostalgia cash-in attempt. We have already seen in with other games like General Chaos and James Pond. Both of those kickstarter campaigns failed and this will also.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yes, just another nostalgia cash-in attempt. We have already seen in with other games like General Chaos and James Pond. Both of those kickstarter campaigns failed and this will also.
I don't know whose nostalgia they are after, but it isn't one damn person I know. Now Earthworm Jim on the other hand might have a successful kickstarter.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Maybe they should have planned an Earthworm Jim game co-starring Boogerman for the kickstarter instead.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Maybe they should have planned an Earthworm Jim game co-starring Boogerman for the kickstarter instead.

Or remake EWJ & have Boogerman as an unlockable. EWJ obviously has a wider fan base & doesn't have as much to prove.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
EWJ is a classic platformer with western sensibilities.

Boogerman was just a product of the times, those of which are incredibly dated now.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

Something of that nature would have worked real well....since y'know....Earthworm Jim wasn't a piece of shit game.

Earthworm Jim 3d on the other hand...

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder

I would have to agree with you, Boogerman was a very obscure title for the Genesis and for that reason the kickstarter will fail.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Total fail... look at the trailer.. minutes and minutes talking about who will develop the game and their previous experience... and almost nothing about the game itself. No thanks