Recent content by Skips

1. Skips

Famicom N8 is the weakest Everdrive. (A mini review.)

When I used to have it mine came working fine out of the box, never had an issue with it however the Famicom audio channels do suck shit pretty hard. As for the power supply that's not really the everdrive's fault, most third party power supplies are utter shit. I've been using RGB mods for the...
  2. Skips

CRT Fetish Thread

Try using Luma. I have seen no difference between using it on a playstation compared with just pulling sync off the DAC.
  3. Skips

More ebay bitching

My big problem with the fees is they double dip. They own Paypal yet both eBay AND Paypal take a cut of the money. That is horseshit.
  4. Skips

More ebay bitching

Whoops sorry I missed this. The biggest thing I can think of off the top of my head as an example is the expanded audio channels with Famicom games on the Everdrive N8. Some games sound pretty bad compared to the real cartridges.
  5. Skips

CRT Fetish Thread

The XM29 plus simply has buttons on it and the the XM29 does not meaning you need the remote. They both do not support component.
  6. Skips

Viletim's NESRGB board

Yes it is the result of the adapter board. The problem is pin 21 needs to be right on the kit (cant have distance between it and the NESRGB) otherwise it creates a good deal of noise on start up. This extra noise causes the pixel clock to not sync correctly about 50% of the time when using an...
  7. Skips

CRT Fetish Thread

lol almost 500 bones now. Its a good monitor but it is not nearly 500 bucks good.
  8. Skips

Post Your Recent Purchases!

I have pictures of it posted up in my review of it here
  9. Skips

Scanlines are smaller than the larger models that is true but depending on the model/resolution of the monitor they can still be quite thick. Mine is an 800 line BVM so the scanlines are still very thick.
  10. Skips

Its a BVM-14F5E so yup 14 inches. When its only a foot or so from your face 14 inches is perfect.
  11. Skips

Viletim's NESRGB board

FDS has no problems with it but if done in a Famicom the ejection mechanism must be removed. If you plan to use the better audio circuit included with the kit on the Famicom the mic on player two also wont work anymore.
  12. Skips

Viletim's NESRGB board

yes its real, its been out since 2013. There is even a thread on the site for it. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?250165-RGB-NES-Thread and here is the official thread for it. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47617
  13. Skips

You are thinking of PVM's/CRT's, and no I don't buy actual computer monitors often. As for CRT's I finally found the perfect one and am not buying them anymore (Unless I can get one hell of a ridiculous deal on one to give to a friend or sell).
  14. Skips

honestly i only plan to record me drawing penises in mario paint.
  15. Skips

Got a new monitor today (ASUS MX279H) and am finally getting my desk setup how I like it. Also got a PEXHDCAP for capturing RGB video today. Now I just need the sync strike to come in to finish the whole setup.