Why people dislike Ghost Pilots?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I know it's not a great game compare to Last Resort/Pulstar/Blazing Star. But still it's a good SNK vertical shooting game!

I've heard people say it's too slow and background & stage design are boring. I think it's better than a lot of Genesis shooting games in that period.

:)

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Why people dislike Ghost Pilots?

They played SKY SHARK.

And, they hadn't played Alpha Mission II and Zed Blade yet. :eek_2:

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I bought the home cart, it literally put me to sleep. Hopefully it's in the hands of someone who actually likes it now.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I bought the home cart, it literally put me to sleep. Hopefully it's in the hands of someone who actually likes it now.

Really? Wow.....
I'm kind of like OST though.......just my 2 cents

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd still buy the CD if I found it cheap.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I enjoyed Ghost Pilots. My only knock on it is that it didn't warrant being on the Neo Geo platform.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I know it's not a great game compare to Last Resort/Pulstar/Blazing Star. But still it's a good SNK vertical shooting game!

I've heard people say it's too slow and background & stage design are boring. I think it's better than a lot of Genesis shooting games in that period.

You have to fly on the left or right side and kill enemies only on that side. Or else you're doing a second player's job too

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I don't dislike it per se, I'm not real wild about it tho. My grievances were with the looooooong ass stages, boring music, and the sound of your plane's guns, which is awful. If you take into account it's from 1990, then it's not too bad. As Gohan said, staying awake while playing can be difficult.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I enjoyed Ghost Pilots. My only knock on it is that it didn't warrant being on the Neo Geo platform.

I agree. I have the MVS cart, and I play it occasionally, but it feels like an early Genesis title. Like Fire Shark would be the sequel to this game.

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
It's just so mediocre. I barely have enough time to play all the stellar shooters that are out there, not gonna waste my time on a called in one.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's the best shooter on the Neo.

It wipes it's ass with Strikers.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The lack of speed ups is a problem. The hit detection is harsh. Aesthetics are generic and the soundtrack is forgettable. As far as vertical shumps go, there are far better options out there. Other than that, it's great!

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
It's the best shooter on the Neo.

It wipes it's ass with Strikers.

ilK6uDUOKdsn6.gif

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I like it mostly because the visuals remind me of old snk games like ikari warriors or iron tank. It's not the greatest, though. I'll take aero fighters 3 over gp any day.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Got a minty homecart for like 25 bucks figured that I might as well try it because it's so cheap. Then I found out the reason why it was so cheap. The previous owner probably didn't play it more than once.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Got a minty homecart for like 25 bucks figured that I might as well try it because it's so cheap. Then I found out the reason why it was so cheap. The previous owner probably didn't play it more than once.

It's the Riding Hero of Neo shmups.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

Just about all shooters on the Neo Geo are popular (and the MVS/AES carts sell for a lot on ebay), even older and more average ones like Ghost Pilots or Alpha Mission II.
Maybe it is because you only need one person to play them (and they are good for 1cc's) as opposed to fighting games, which are better with 2 players.

Last edited:

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
What does that mean?

I understand it as not showcasing the capabilities of the Neo Geo hardware - I would imagine that the game could easily be ported to Mega Drive / SNES / PCE without any drop in the quality of visuals / gameplay. The fact that for the price of the GP cart when new one could probably pick up a e.g. a PCE system + a quality shoot 'em up of choice doesn't help matters much either.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I understand it as not showcasing the capabilities of the Neo Geo hardware - I would imagine that the game could easily be ported to Mega Drive / SNES / PCE without any drop in the quality of visuals / gameplay. The fact that for the price of the GP cart when new one could probably pick up a e.g. a PCE system + a quality shoot 'em up of choice doesn't help matters much either.

Ding. You got it brother.