Do you ever feel depressed that your life is going nowhere ?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Afaik, life is not a contest. It's a gift, albeit a fleeting, agonizing moment in time. Whatever someone chooses to do with it is their own choice, or perhaps not if they were born without the faculties to do so.
Further, what is this obsession with virginity? Is that a prerequisite for enjoying video games? Or is that some sort of machismo bragging cliche?

Jesus... if your takeaway from what I wrote was an obsession with virginity, perhaps you need to do some serious self-reflection.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Dumb 2AM wall of text redacted...

anyway smokey my dude I think your first step is just mass deleting all your youtube videos. I trust it will bring you clarity about what to do next.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Afaik, life is not a contest. It's a gift, albeit a fleeting, agonizing moment in time. Whatever someone chooses to do with it is their own choice, or perhaps not if they were born without the faculties to do so.
Further, what is this obsession with virginity? Is that a prerequisite for enjoying video games? Or is that some sort of machismo bragging cliche?
You're getting defensive because what he said hit too close to home for you.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
You're getting defensive because what he said hit too close to home for you.
Yes and no. I've spent the majority of my life trying to chase an unattainable dream, to end up poor, in debt and mentally ill.
It's no fault of 100poof's at all. I was just wondering why he associates video games with sex....

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I was just wondering why he associates video games with sex....

yVIwqMu.jpg

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Go hiking or for a walk outside or something. I think a disconnection from nature is part of the reason so many people are depressed in modern times. You don’t need to sell your games but make sure you’re keeping them in perspective. Also, quit doing the YouTube shit unless you actually enjoy the process of making the videos.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Maybe channeling your energy and time to something else. Besides videogames what else are you interested in? I think its important to have multiple/balance hobbies. I was really into collecting things too but got more obsess in making a ton of money. So i put all my energy in making as much money as possible for years.

This year though, had several friends that died weeks apart. Changes your perception in life.

I think exercising/working out is a good for your mental state. Learning to cook different foods is endless. Have another hobby to fall back on besides videogames/hoarding.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yes and no. I've spent the majority of my life trying to chase an unattainable dream, to end up poor, in debt and mentally ill.
It's no fault of 100poof's at all. I was just wondering why he associates video games with sex....

It doesn't take a phD in Psychology to know that people who have obsessive behavioral disorders (including hoarding) often have poor social skills and, since we were talking about men, don't get laid as a result. The fact that I have to spell that out to you like a fifth grader when you just as easily could've quietly disagreed is indicative of a number of things but I'll let you figure that out on your own.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
It doesn't take a phD in Psychology to know that people who have obsessive behavioral disorders (including hoarding) often have poor social skills and, since we were talking about men, don't get laid as a result. The fact that I have to spell that out to you like a fifth grader when you just as easily could've quietly disagreed is indicative of a number of things but I'll let you figure that out on your own.
You must've had to do a few day's research to come up with that rebuttal. I applaud your tenacity, though.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I can't tell if you're clueless, sarcastic or just mildly retarded.
I can't tell who you are repying to...

Just sayin'... concise and accurate... plz...

You are assuming people can read your mind numbnuts...

xROTx

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Seems redundant to quote the post directly above instead of just replying. People do it all the time here.

It's not like I was replying to a post from the previous page.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Big Dick Energy. Some guys you meet in life exude the confidence that comes with having one.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I was not as fond of that movie "Labyrinth" as some people, but the one scene that did stay with me was the one where the MC is placed in a room with her dust gathering fantasy toys, and eventually wakes up and realizes "Wait, this is all just junk!" Always remembered that scene, since I was a kid. It somehow seemed instructive.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
No, no, she just realized that all her stuff was bootlegs, if it was authentic, professionally-graded shit, she would have ditched Hoggle and Ludo, told David Bowie to keep her shitty little brother, joined NG.com, and started posting about talking worms and perpetually sharting bogs in the War Room.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I was gonna say " Go out and get laid"...

But then I saw you are married.
Doesn't mean you always get laid. Wife is 7 month's pregnant and has a lot of back pain, you can guess the rest.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Doesn't mean you always get laid. Wife is 7 month's pregnant and has a lot of back pain, you can guess the rest.
Real dolls?

xROTx

PS. I can't really advise you on how to proceed here.... all I know is that this thread is like a tinderbox...

I know what the lads and lassies are thinking...

Long term member with some issues... how far does it get before we decide to say... "FUCK'IT... slow day at work..."

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Thanks for all the replies dudes. Most of you seem to think I'm so basic basement dweller. But that is actually not the case. I'm married, have a son and a second one on the way. I have a decent job (IT) and my wife is a career lady. So we have no money issues. I've been to all continents except Australia and Antarctica. So my life is not that bad.
If it was just videogames it wouldn't be that bad. But its also toys, comics, vinyl, movies,... I love it all. I can't just part with it I need to collect it all.
I have got rid of almost all my Laserdiscs and vintage mac computers but something always quickly takes its place.
Even things I got for free I can't throw away.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Seek professional help if you feel you need to.
Alternatively, spend your money on real estate.