Not sure where else to put this. Video on the similarities of groups

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I’d love to hear more. Any notable comments or statements she made?

So one example is that she knew I was a "dog person," contribute to For Paws, and whatnot. And she didn't enjoy the idea of seeing eye dogs. Her argument was that for the cost to train one guide dog, you could create thousands of mosquito nets for people in Africa. So to her, it was clear that it would be most effective to put all that money toward the mosquito nets, since they would actually save lives and affect far more people...whereas a guide dog would only help one person who isn't at the same level of risk of death.

I also asked if I were stuck on one set of train tracks and two strangers were stuck on another, if she'd pull the lever to save me. She said no.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So one example is that she knew I was a "dog person," contribute to For Paws, and whatnot. And she didn't enjoy the idea of seeing eye dogs. Her argument was that for the cost to train one guide dog, you could create thousands of mosquito nets for people in Africa. So to her, it was clear that it would be most effective to put all that money toward the mosquito nets, since they would actually save lives and affect far more people...whereas a guide dog would only help one person who isn't at the same level of risk of death.

I also asked if I were stuck on one set of train tracks and two strangers were stuck on another, if she'd pull the lever to save me. She said no.

Well at least she had a code, lol.

People are fascinating.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Thanks for linking the actual article, I heard the news blurbs about this one.

I have no issue stating I would, push comes to shove, value the whole of the human species over another species. But that’s an unlikely scenario where the sole way to ensure the survival of our species would be to eliminate another wholesale.

I speak of known terrestrial species, of course.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Huge numbers of our population believe in a complete alternate reality. Alternate facts as it were. But just as intensely as I believe they are deluded, they think I am the one who is deluded. Maybe I am. So how can I be confident in my perception? It can be quite difficult. But, I have found that in times of political confusion, particularly when emotions are running high and creating tunnel vision, the presence of Nazis can be an extremely helpful indicator.

If I am attending a local demonstration or event and I see Nazis - neo-Nazis, casual Nazis, master race Nazis, or the latest-whatever-uber-mythology-Nazis, I figure out which side they are on. If they are on my side of the demonstration? I am on the wrong side. It is tough to argue moral equivalence when I am standing next to a Nazi.

Look to my right. Is there a guy wearing a 6MWE (6 million wasn’t enough) t-shirt? I am on the wrong side.

Look to my left. If that guy is wearing a Camp Auschwitz t-shirt? Wrong side.

Are speakers being applauded for referring to things that Hitler got right? Wrong side.

Team-spirit face paint and hat with animal horns? This is actually an unclear indicator that could mean anything, but safest to keep my distance from that guy anyway, even at a football game.

However, I can always, always, always rely on the presence of Nazis as a guiding light through a fog of disinformation. Some things are relative, and politics can absolutely have its opposing sides and grey areas, where it appears 'both sides are the same'. So, just look for the Nazis, and make your own decisions.

Solid post.

Anyone drawing comparisons between the capitol riot and BLM protests needs to reevaluate their moral compass.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
By you and Reagan.

Ouch.

And never said I felt that way. Only that an argument could be made.

We already recognize things like eminent domain in this country, social welfare etc, where we prop up the community as a whole over the (potential) protestations of the individual.

Zealots talks in absolutes, people who actually govern usually have to meet somewhere in the middle.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
people who actually govern usually have to meet somewhere in the middle.
That's the way it used to be, at least. Politics was everyone leaves the table unhappy because neither side got completely what they wanted, a middle ground was found and the country moved ahead slowly on a moderate path.

Then at some point in the last 12 years or so, career politicians figured out that "Look what I accomplished for you!" was a risky way to keep their job forever. Much safer and for infinitely less effort, they could shift to, "Look what I stopped the other side from doing!" Both sides now just shut each other down and the country goes nowhere. In that sense, I was able to enjoy the senators being made to feel fear from the people. The problem was that those nutjobs and bigots are not the people I want my government to fear.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Both sides now just shut each other down and the country goes nowhere

only one side is basically shutting down the senate, refusing to hold confirmation hearings for supreme court justices, and ramming through partisan hacks to said court once they win the election my dude

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
only one side is basically shutting down the senate, refusing to hold confirmation hearings for supreme court justices, and ramming through partisan hacks to said court once they win the election my dude
If you think it's only one side the past couple decades, you're not paying attention.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
this is why the vague 'both sides' rhetoric is so tiresome. it absolves you of looking more deeply into the issues, when you can just handwave everything away. you may dislike both sides. i am the furthest thing from a fan of democrats, but they're at least not actively breaking the democratic norms of the country whenever possible. what exact issues/events/laws etc. are you referring to that you seem to hate so much?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Kid is Neville, he just doesn't know it yet.

Democrats are Neville too.

Republicans say let's meet in the middle, Democrats take a step forward, Republicans take a step back.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Huge numbers of our population believe in a complete alternate reality. Alternate facts as it were. But just as intensely as I believe they are deluded, they think I am the one who is deluded. Maybe I am. So how can I be confident in my perception? It can be quite difficult. But, I have found that in times of political confusion, particularly when emotions are running high and creating tunnel vision, the presence of Nazis can be an extremely helpful indicator.

If I am attending a local demonstration or event and I see Nazis - neo-Nazis, casual Nazis, master race Nazis, or the latest-whatever-uber-mythology-Nazis, I figure out which side they are on. If they are on my side of the demonstration? I am on the wrong side. It is tough to argue moral equivalence when I am standing next to a Nazi.

Look to my right. Is there a guy wearing a 6MWE (6 million wasn’t enough) t-shirt? I am on the wrong side.

Look to my left. If that guy is wearing a Camp Auschwitz t-shirt? Wrong side.

Are speakers being applauded for referring to things that Hitler got right? Wrong side.

Team-spirit face paint and hat with animal horns? This is actually an unclear indicator that could mean anything, but safest to keep my distance from that guy anyway, even at a football game.

However, I can always, always, always rely on the presence of Nazis as a guiding light through a fog of disinformation. Some things are relative, and politics can absolutely have its opposing sides and grey areas, where it appears 'both sides are the same'. So, just look for the Nazis, and make your own decisions.

You talk a lot of dumb shit on here...

But this is post is solid and I agree 100%

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
the really troubling thing is people like you vote. thank you for your brilliant observations in this thread.
Likewise. Your simple minded certainty along with your hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness regarding hand-waving make you a much bigger problem.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I don't understand how some people whom I thought were intelligent and caring are nothing more than empty shells of hatred.

I've lost a ton of respect for friends, family, loved ones.

Some I won't engage again in my lifetime.

We gotta be worried about National Guardsmen turning on "us"?

What the actual fuck?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
If you think it's only one side the past couple decades, you're not paying attention.

Can you give some examples? Because here's how I see it, just off the top of my head...

R:
- Insurrection
- Voter disenfranchisement (USPS, ballot boxes, shutting down polling stations, etc.)
- Gerrymandering
- Refusing to hear SCJ nominee
- Quid pro quo at the presidential level
- Pardoning convicted racists and war criminals
- Massive COVID fuckup
- Separating kids from parents and putting them in cages
- Attempts to dismantle ACA / "repeal and replace"
- Countless emoluments violations
- Killing Dodd Frank
- Increased taxes for the non-rich
- Attempts to kill House Ethics Committee
- Constant conspiracy theories (e.g., Uranium One)
- Deflecting the correlation between intelligence and liberalism by creating a narrative that colleges are communist brain washing programs
- Middle East wars
- 2008 financial crisis

D:
- Her emails
- Benghazi
- Tan suit
- Blow job

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Can you give some examples? Because here's how I see it, just off the top of my head...

R:
- Insurrection
- Voter disenfranchisement (USPS, ballot boxes, shutting down polling stations, etc.)
- Gerrymandering
- Refusing to hear SCJ nominee
- Quid pro quo at the presidential level
- Pardoning convicted racists and war criminals
- Massive COVID fuckup
- Separating kids from parents and putting them in cages
- Attempts to dismantle ACA / "repeal and replace"
- Countless emoluments violations
- Killing Dodd Frank
- Increased taxes for the non-rich
- Attempts to kill House Ethics Committee
- Constant conspiracy theories (e.g., Uranium One)
- Deflecting the correlation between intelligence and liberalism by creating a narrative that colleges are communist brain washing programs
- Middle East wars
- 2008 financial crisis

D:
- Her emails
- Benghazi
- Tan suit
- Blow job

Listen...I get it, you don't like Republicans...but man, you really need to take a step back and look at that list of yours. Are you seriously implying that you "R" list are all Republican exclusives? Really?