Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You can use either one. I prefer the Wii's classic controller pro for virtual console and the Wii U's 360 clone controller for anything that uses analog. It's a fantastic controller, I just don't like the dpad placement for digital only games.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
SNES fares a lot better, but VC on Wii > VC on the U. The only reason I even have any Wii U VC I'd so that I can play it on the gamepad.

This has been my experience in my limited Wii U VC experience, too. I got SNES F-Zero through Club Nintendo one year, and it's fine. I also got the N64 Sin and Punishment because I wanted the translation, and it's rather good, too.

It's shocking how badly they dropped the ball on Wii U's NES VC. It's downright awful.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
They cared more in the last year about cock teasing those 2 Mother/earthbound games than anything else. The WiiU has had no love as far as the VC goes while the Wii had it blown out for most of its life up until the last couple years when it moved to a trickle each month, but at least there was something. I do question what the hell they're up to in general with it as the New3DS/3DS VC isn't exactly mind blowing either. Sometimes when I remember it's there I think about snapping up of all things F-Zero and Pilotwings on there (New3DS) as they're perfect for quick portable play.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
They cared more in the last year about cock teasing those 2 Mother/earthbound games than anything else. The WiiU has had no love as far as the VC goes while the Wii had it blown out for most of its life up until the last couple years when it moved to a trickle each month, but at least there was something. I do question what the hell they're up to in general with it as the New3DS/3DS VC isn't exactly mind blowing either. Sometimes when I remember it's there I think about snapping up of all things F-Zero and Pilotwings on there (New3DS) as they're perfect for quick portable play.

Valid points, but I was talking about the performance of the Wii U VC emulation for the NES. It really is that bad.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I got shipping notification from Target today. I am now going to put it on eBay for $1k + Shipping.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'd like to get one of these but chances are slim. I missed the pre-order and select stores will have a handful - I don't like my chances.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm torn between getting one myself and waiting to see if someone gets it for me for Christmas. Argh.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Paying for a ROM box that you can't add more games to?

Good call guys.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I didn't get a notification but saw the charge hit my credit card.

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
Paying for a ROM box that you can't add more games to?

Good call guys.
Yep. I have an Android box with nicely sorted roms already connected to the TV with two SNES controllers. But I keep trying to convince myself I want one of these. I would probably find the slightest annoyance and put it back in the box.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I got shipping notification from Target today. I am now going to put it on eBay for $1k + Shipping.

Joking or not, if you did, I would not be surprised if someone paid given the idiocy we saw run for the first two holidays for the Wii years ago. I just wanted Amazon to preorder the damn things as I have $50 in credit and I won't pay cent over MSRP on the thing to some flipper so it may be a long time (or not) until I find one to get. I was thinking ideally a great thing to share with my five year old daughter as she loves stuff like Mario and Kirby.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
My order is still "preparing to ship".

Also, not sure about others, but I have these games readily playable in like half a dozen other formats.

I just got this because it's soooo cute. $60 for sooooo much cuteness? Duh, easy choice...

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
I've got some credit from Amazon I'd like to use to order this, but they still have it as "currently unavailable". They never opened up pre-orders. So, I'm left wondering if they will just have them up for sale once midnight hits Friday or by the sometime in the morning, if at all.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I guess I should make a NES classic edition folder on my everdrive n8 that only has these games and then pretend it´s a new thing :D

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I pre ordered the day these were announced. On Monday the website I placed my order with cancelled my order and then relisted these with a £99 price tag. They did send me a code to place my order again at the original price, which I did, but what a cheap move. They obviously realised the demand, decided they could charge twice as much, and so cancelled all pre orders hoping that most people would't place the order again.

I still haven't had shipping confirmation either, which I was hoping to have by now.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm about to line up outside Target with all the fat neckbeards and their equally fat mums to try and score one of these...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Dude...why? It's cool but it's not "stand in line for hours" cool.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I pre ordered the day these were announced. On Monday the website I placed my order with cancelled my order and then relisted these with a 」99 price tag. They did send me a code to place my order again at the original price, which I did, but what a cheap move. They obviously realised the demand, decided they could charge twice as much, and so cancelled all pre orders hoping that most people would't place the order again.

I still haven't had shipping confirmation either, which I was hoping to have by now.
If you don't mind naming it, what's the site? I'd kind of like to steer clear of a business that's willing to pull that shit.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Its not even that cool... Its playing on nostalgia and suckers with fat wallets...

Fat wallets? Even 60 1$ bills isn't that fat. This is impulse buy price point, which is part of the appeal.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Fat wallets? Even 60 1$ bills isn't that fat. This is impulse buy price point, which is part of the appeal.

Its an analogy for people with money burning a hole in their pockets. Which is another analogy.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Mine shipped today from Target. I forgot I preordered this. Whoops.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
This is amiibo all over again, anyone who pays above MSRP for this deserves it.