The Expendables 3

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I think Wesley Snipes is the bad guy this time around?

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Always a fun series of movies to watch!

My favorite quotes:

Bruce Willis - "What's his problem?" Stallone @ Schwarzenegger- "He wants to be President."

Terry Crews, after he blasts his way through the tunnel with the auto shotgun - "REMEMBER THIS SHIT AT CHRISTMAS!"

Terry Crews @ Stallone "What happened to you?" - Stallone replies "I got my ass kicked!"

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Is this the one where Bruce Willis was such a huge douche about his pay for the ten miinutes he was going to 'act' in this movie that Stallone told him to take the day off and called in Harrison Ford, who said 'Yeah, sure. Why not?'

Used to like Bruc Willis' work but he doesn't even try anymore and he's become a massie diva. Harrison Ford has lost his edge but at least his worst offense is becoming a joyless crochety old man.

I really hope this one is good. I hated the first two with a passion, but I still want to see a good retro 80s style action movie.

Putting Jet Li under a scaffold to fight Dolph Lundgren in the first movie was a huge misstep. By restricting his movement, you deny audiences the chance to see his martial arts grace in what should have been an action film all star tour de force.

Do better this time, Sly.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I love Terry Crews and Snipes. Those two make the movie even better.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
the second one lost a lot of points for the critical underuse of Scott Adkins

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Looking forward to it. I'm glad it's a throwback to the classic, mindless 80's movies of old. Don't know why some people were so negative towards them. I wanted a mindless nonstop action movie and it delivered.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Hollywood, in general, loses points for the underuse of Scott Adkins.

Undisputed 2. What a sleeper hit that is!

Also, the more Hollywood uses Dolph Lundgren the better.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Looking forward to it. I'm glad it's a throwback to the classic, mindless 80's movies of old. Don't know why some people were so negative towards them. I wanted a mindless nonstop action movie and it delivered.

Because the action in a lot of 80s movies is really bad. Stuff like Commando, Rambo 2 and 3, Predator (when they fight the drug cartel guys) have terrible action sequences. They're just cheesey. The violence is unrealistic and really fucking dumb.

Die Hard has awesome action. Predator, when Dutch actually fights the Predator hand to hand, is awesome.

Anyway, Expendables 1 was bad, bad, bad, bad...soo bad.

That said I enjoyed watching it. I still need to see the sequel.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
These movies have ensemble casts, and we all thought they would hark back to 80s-styled action movies, but they don't.

Fuck this series for wasting its potential.

The other day I was in a taxi and the dude said I looked like 史泰龙.

STARKS OUT

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No one can read that god damned red chinese, lonesage.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It would ruin the joke if I typed out the pinyin, though. So what you do is you go to Google translate and put it in there. The effort is worth the laugh. Or maybe not,

Fuck The Expendables. Holy shit why was Jet Li dropped in the second film completely. Why can't Hollywood do anything with Asian actors.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dude said I looked like Shǐtàilóng (Stallone). I then proceeded to do my Stallone impression until I quickly remembered that none of them are aware of his trademark speech pattern since the Chinese guy who dubs his voice doesn't imitate it, just gives him a really deep and manly voice I've never heard from any guy.

I mean maybe if it weren't for EXPENDABLES 2 we'd never have that Volvo commercial so there's that.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Because the action in a lot of 80s movies is really bad. Stuff like Commando, Rambo 2 and 3, Predator (when they fight the drug cartel guys) have terrible action sequences. They're just cheesey. The violence is unrealistic and really fucking dumb.

Die Hard has awesome action. Predator, when Dutch actually fights the Predator hand to hand, is awesome.

Anyway, Expendables 1 was bad, bad, bad, bad...soo bad.

That said I enjoyed watching it. I still need to see the sequel.

Whats so bad about the Expendables?

I enjoyed both films. The first one was pretty cool and the second was fucking awesome. I really look forward the third movie. Teaser trailer was pretty cool too.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It's a bad movie. Bad acting, bad plot, blah, blah, blah. Listen it's not going to go down as a cinema classic is all.

Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it for what it was.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I think you're just nitpicking. I know I didn't expect to be blown away by the plot or acting. I was in for the guns, one liners and explosions and I got what I paid for.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dude said I looked like Shǐtàilóng (Stallone). I then proceeded to do my Stallone impression until I quickly remembered that none of them are aware of his trademark speech pattern since the Chinese guy who dubs his voice doesn't imitate it, just gives him a really deep and manly voice I've never heard from any guy.

I mean maybe if it weren't for EXPENDABLES 2 we'd never have that Volvo commercial so there's that.

that's weird. I thought you talk exactly like Stallone naturally. Was that an act when I saw you those two times?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
that's weird. I thought you talk exactly like Stallone naturally. Was that an act when I saw you those two times?

the world's a stage
stallone on his first drawing said:
Believe it or not, a Masai warrior. I should have shown it to you. It was very detailed and exacting; you can see the savanna in the background, as this warrior, in full regalia, is coming over the hill holding a spear and a shield. And the design of the shield, it's very detailed, and I thought, God, it's the first thing I ever drew. I did it on a dry-cleaning box. I worked on it and worked on it, and I said, Finally I'm proud of something. I finally accomplished something artistically. Because, see, I'd always been considered this incorrigible menace. And my father comes home, and I wait for the proper moment after dinner, I said, "Look!" And I show him the box, on the back of which I've drawn the warrior. He looks at it and goes, "Where's the stuff that was in the box?"

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I was rather underwhelmed by the first one... I can't quite put my finger on what I was expecting, but what I saw wasn't it. Perhaps with all the hype over the cast involved I was hoping for something as silly, but immensely entertaining, as Commando.

Saw the sequel recently, and it's very entertaining, better than the first, but the editing is very disjointed... basically it views like a series of very well choreographed action sequences strung together with a plot strand so thin as to be anorexic. Seeing as this was directed by Simon West (Con Air), I expected better. I didn't expect much, but I did expect better.

Acting wise, the third film, on paper, has the best cast yet... if they can actually make a film with action sequences as good or better than the second and link them with something that is at least cohesive (in an ideal world something of Predator quality but without the alien plot device), then you could have the action film of the decade... I'm already prepared to be disappointed.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
That would be Gibson

I only liked the second one because of JCVD, you could tell he had fun

I also loved JCVD, but man they could have worked on his character a little, maybe given him more to do, or a beefier back story, and I liked the last fight but I don't know....I just expected more.

From the interviews I saw (and I watched a bunch after it came out), I got the feeling that Van Damme didn't chum it up with the fellas too much. He may have even mentioned it directly. Gotta stroke Sly for a better role.