The all new 'What's it worth' thread

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I bought mine from Classic Game Source on eBay 3 years ago for 40 a pop shipped, so for a brick and mortar store you did pretty good.

I think I paid a little more for a brand new one about 3 years ago and sold it. Now I want it back again and probably going to pay double for a used one.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
On top of all of this blatant evidence, it's priced as a boot. $23 for a Nightmare in the Dark cart, and the seller's sitting on 3 of them. Think about it.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
On top of all of this blatant evidence, it's priced as a boot. $23 for a Nightmare in the Dark cart, and the seller's sitting on 3 of them. Think about it.

I've bought from this sheep_nova guy before. He's always been OK for me, but other people in these forums have had bad experiences dealing with him. The man seems to always state clearly if he's selling originals or boots, but the carts always look like he found them underground.

Regards.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I've bought from this sheep_nova guy before. He's always been OK for me, but other people in these forums have had bad experiences dealing with him. The man seems to always state clearly if he's selling originals or boots, but the carts always look like he found them underground.

He must be one of Yaton's buddies/sources.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0

I've bought quite rare games from ebay.. from sellers that had 10 of them. I gues people from time to time find a stash.
What threw me off was the snk board.
Thanks for all the replies guys.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I've bought quite rare games from ebay.. from sellers that had 10 of them. I gues people from time to time find a stash.
What threw me off was the snk board.
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Finding a stash is one thing, but sellers don't typically sell those items for 10-15% of market value. If it looks too good to be true...

I'm not trying to bust your balls. It's way better to ask than to blindly buy and complain about it after the fact.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not too long ago someone was selling 30 copies of Fight Fever. It's definitely possible to find a stash of rare carts like that.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Curious on the going rate for a couple boards. Any help would be appreciated.

Varth, Twin Eagle, & Strikers 1945 ?

Thanks

mcjefe

n00b
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello,

I have an opportunity to purchase a mint condition complete copy of Matrimelee US version for AES. It even still has the receipt in the box when it was originally purchased for $150 USD. I really like the quality of the game from videos that I have watched.

I am having a hard time putting a value on this as there is only one US version in recent eBay history that had a buy it now for $827 OBO, but this one did not sell. I see one complete Japanese copy that sold for $550.00.

Does anyone have any input on this for me before I make a purchasing decision?

Thanks in advance.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've bought a bunch of games from sheep_nova as well. Everything that he said was original SNK was legit (as far as I could tell; no windowed EPROMs and chips that looked just like my other games).
He seems to be very honest and his prices are great.
I'm very happy buying from sheep_nova.

Regards.

XiTaU

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i recently picked up a Japanese copy of puchi & nyaa all in good condition.
It is just a loose cart and was wondering what it is worth these days?
cart and label are clean and boards and chips seem legit.

Thanks for the help as i dont see these for sale often.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Hello i recently picked up a Japanese copy of puchi & nyaa all in good condition.
It is just a loose cart and was wondering what it is worth these days?
cart and label are clean and boards and chips seem legit.

Thanks for the help as i dont see these for sale often.

Are you trying to know if you got ripped off or you want to flip it already?
how much did you buy it for?

XiTaU

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way im gonna sell it ive only ever sold 1 game from my neo collection ever.
The price i paid for it was under $100 so i think i got a good deal just wanted to know how good.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This popped up two days ago:

Mvs-Neo-Geo-147429151_1.jpg

I almost went all in but in the end the seller sold the whole lot for about 450€ (550$) to a local buyer.

That bare mobo is a Tekken 3.

I had no way to check the autenticity of the carts, but he claimed they were; labels look OK except that Aero Fighter 2.

Did I miss a good deal?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
What's a boxed, super-minty US Turbo Duo go for these days?

I bought it new from Turbo Zone Direct in their waning years, but never really touched it because I had a TG16+CD.

I recently got it recapped by Jet Blue, so it runs like a champ.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
What is a new Pochi and Nyaa MVS kit worth these days?

I've seen them sell for 220-250ish on here, anything more is usually STV price or inflated euro. For some odd reason a lot of the ones that sell here are either nos, or like mint.