My Custom Cormano Sunset Riders Halloween Costume!

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Sunset Riders is one of my all-time favorite video games. I heart it so much I own every version including a dedicated 4 player arcade machine. My character of choice was always Cormano. Every time I went to play the game in arcades, I was Cormano. I’m not sure what drew me to him. He just looked so different from the other characters I just had to play him. I figured any guy who could pull off pink and wield a shotgun was alright in my books.

So this Halloween I finally decided to dress up as Cormano. I figured it was something I could piece together myself. I got some red long underwear, toys guns with holsters, old shoes, a fake beard, and a sombrero. The only toughie was the poncho. There’s not a poncho emporium in my area. That and I doubt they have a wide selection of pink ponchos. You know you’re getting serious about a costume when you enlist the services of your mother and grandmother for some epic sewing. Of course I got quite the strange look when I, a grown married man with two children, told my mother I needed her to sew me a pink poncho with red zig-zags. Sending your mother sprite rips and pictures from a video game as reference material to create a costume is quite surreal.

To create the costume I used blue spray paint on the shoes, guns, belts, and accessories to match the game’s color palette. I found the sombrero, beard, and spurs at a local Halloween shop. I considered using pink fabric to cover the sombrero, but spray painting was easier and I think it turned out nicely. I bought the toy guns with holsters in a little kit at Wally World. The belt was a cheapy costume belt I found at the thrift store. Of course the most elaborate piece of the costume was the poncho which my mother and grandmother made which turned out awesome. Thankfully the labor was free.

It cost me about $56 in total but it was worth every penny. Here's a few shots of me in action. Hope you enjoy it. YYIIIPPPEEEEAA!

BTW: Click on the pic for full size.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Nice,now did you wear that costume while giving out candy for trick & treaters ?

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Nice,now did you wear that costume while giving out candy for trick & treaters ?

What? Hell no man!
That's a straight up pimpin Trick or Treatin costume right there!

Should have been stealin all kinds of treats. LOL

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,

I did wear it while giving candy out. The amount of WTF looks I got from kids was humorous. Had a few ask who I was. I tried to explain but that only doubled the WTF looks.

I wore it out for a little bit the other day and was just struttin' like a straight clad pink Mexican pimp!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Poor trigger discipline.

Otherwise, nice job.

I am crazy jealous of your Sunset Riders cab. Frakking sweet that is.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
REALLY COOL! I am nitpicking but if you had larger pistols with long barrels or a sawed off in that second photo you would have been XTRA PIMP!
BB

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
REALLY COOL! I am nitpicking but if you had larger pistols with long barrels or a sawed off in that second photo you would have been XTRA PIMP!
BB

I know. :crying:

I'm going to be looking for some shotguns here in the next year. I knew they were cracking down on fake toy guns but I had no idea they would be so hard to find.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
You are TOTAL BOSS my Friend!!!!!!!

Man, that reminds me that my Sunset Riders PCB still has no sound. Now i'm sad...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
After all these years I have never seen a complete Sunset Riders group costume. Jedah, you have kids....make it happen!

Then bury them with my...............money

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
great Idea Jedah, would be cool to get all 4 together at some point too:)

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
After all these years I have never seen a complete Sunset Riders group costume. Jedah, you have kids....make it happen!

Then bury them with my...............money

great Idea Jedah, would be cool to get all 4 together at some point too:)

I already know two people in town who would be interested. I imagine I could find a fourth easily. Hmmmmm.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Never played much of sunset riders...I remember booting up the rom and instinctively I went for Cormano as well.

Great costume.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Awesome costume, too bad you couldn't get three other guys to dress as Steve, Billy and Bob.