New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Im thinking about fabbing me a rotatable bracket for my 40" sony so i can play the game. I just wonder if this can damage my lcd rotating it to play this game?

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
regular edition cover art is ugly on purpose
this is not fair é___é

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It seems the AES XYX is available for pre-order on the website, doesn't it?

It's not though. Only see the DC version up for sale. I believe the MVS is sold out and AES is to be coming later. Hopefully soon, now that the cart shells are on the way. :cool:

powerflower

Banned
Oh this game looks so sweet and I dont bother that its clearly Tatsujin Oh/Truxxton 2 inspired in terms of graphics and enemy design.
Tate is very cool IMO too. Did you know that vertical shooters (tate or yoko) are far more easier to comprehend for our brains and eyes?
Thats the reason why Cave made only two horizontals like Pro Gear and Akai.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Oh this game looks so sweet and I dont bother that its clearly Tatsujin Oh/Truxxton 2 inspired in terms of graphics and enemy design.
Tate is very cool IMO too. Did you know that vertical shooters (tate or yoko) are far more easier to comprehend for our brains and eyes?
Thats the reason why Cave made only two horizontals like Pro Gear and Akai.

That's an interesting theory, though I could see there being some logic to the way things scroll and how we interpret it at a twitch level. Do you have any links to articles that discuss this?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
So, as XYX is completing, do we have the final specs on the product? Estimate on a final game size, how many modes we can expect? I'm psyched to get my cart :D With GL finally wrapping up and shipping soon, I imagine XYX can't be too far behind it. What's the good news?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
So, is there going to be an MVS release of this?

I checked the NGdev website and it wasn't clear.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You could always wait for them to announce the homecart version.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
First test of our upcoming wooden MVS LE cart shells. Those will be first used for NEO XYX MVS LE.
Pictures don't do them justice, they look, feel and smell amazing :mr_t:

The design itself is not final yet, we would love to hear some feedback on those :)

wooden_mvs_LE_cart_protos.jpg

Marked Wolf
So, as XYX is completing, do we have the final specs on the product? Estimate on a final game size, how many modes we can expect? I'm psyched to get my cart :D With GL finally wrapping up and shipping soon, I imagine XYX can't be too far behind it. What's the good news?

We order the carts in a couple of weeks. Until then the specs are still open. But it will be in the range of Metal Slug 1. Doesn't sound much on first glance, but it more then enough for such a game.
Meanwhile Rafael Dyll finished the OST and beta testing will start this month too.

The regular edition for MVS will be available for pre order soonish. We are just waiting to get the new kit boxes in.

Pre orders of the AES version start after we shipped Gunlord AES. Genzoman is making the cover for the Japanese AES cart :drool:

Last edited:

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Great news! Will the pre-orders for the wooden MVS LE carts also open soon? Have you teamed up with Analogue Interactive for this?

As for the design – great, but that sticker… Wouldn't vinyl or perhaps etching be better? Of course there's the cost associated with that…

Last edited:

Marked Wolf
Great news! Will the pre-orders for the wooden MVS LE carts also open soon? Have you teamed up with Analogue Interactive for this?

As for the design – great, but that sticker… Wouldn't vinyl or perhaps etching be better? Of course there's the cost associated with that…

Yes it's designed and produced by Analogue Interactive for us.

Sorry, the LE is already sold out.
The regular edition uses the old blue plastic shells.

The sticker is actually vinyl.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
The design itself is not final yet, we would love to hear some feedback on those :)

These look cool enough, although, not sure how these will tie in with AI's new Black Label consoles constructed from custom wood choices? Maybe they could order custom wooden cart enclosures for their MVS carts either through yourself or AI? Who knows.

The only real thing that stood out to me as being off re: these wooden MVS carts, is the lack of the required recess whereby the label sits within. Looks a wee bit naff just glued on the top... in my opinion :)

On the whole though, nice concept...

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Great to see this! I ordered the XYX MVS LE - Gamecenter Kit / Shockbox LE - x 1

I have been very disappointed when looking at other purchase options (like the DC ZAIKUSU version) and how those people get a cool T-shirt, soundtrack, and extras... while the early adopters (like me for MVS) and more expensive orders don't get anything except the game :(

Well, I stand corrected now... those wooden carts are BADASS. Thanks for this.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
First test of our upcoming wooden MVS LE cart shells. Those will be first used for NEO XYX MVS LE.

Any option(s) to send back previously released LE MVS carts for wooden shell conversions? (Last Hope, Fast Striker, and Gunlord)

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Or to purchase a shell and cart sticker? It would be cheaper than sending the carts back and forth across the pond.

Jeff

Any option(s) to send back previously released LE MVS carts for wooden shell conversions? (Last Hope, Fast Striker, and Gunlord)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
OK, those wooden cases are too freaking cool. I love the idea of putting the LE in a special case like that. The only thing I would suggest is maybe putting in a small relief where the label is to be placed, and similar to a normal MVS cart, so the cart sticker is flush. I think those look amazing.

Edit: Also, like the planned Omega shells, I imagine these too can be opened for updates without damaging the label? :) Looks like it. I don't see a split at all in the wood. Honestly, for a LE piece, I'd rather have something like this wood than the Omega shells. I'm still firmly in the camp of MVS carts shouldn't look like home carts. Although Quan's new shells are looking really good...

Last edited: